My message to all people who say: "If twice isn’t 9 as a group then they won’t carry on as a group"

• and enjoy a moment :pepe-cut:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• :pepewhat:

Onces say that bc how they themselves emphasized it during Mina's hiatus. Ofc they had to perform as 8 even 7 once

nahhh today some people here said that if not all Twice members will renew contracts then they won't carry on as a group, which suggest like they are not relevant when not ot9... mehhh

• I mean also even if all 9 don’t sign there’s been plenty of groups that still have that “bond”!

2PM came back with Taecyeon who moved to a different label.

Twice could also do subunits but promote OT9 bond the way SNSD does with Oh!GG and OT8!

~ ω

• yeah, one of the few things I LOATHE about K Pop is this whole "OT9 or nothing" bullshit. I could honestly not give a flying you know what who leaves and stays.

As long as the music is still good, a la New Edition and EXO, that's all that matters to me.

I mean, yeah, it would suck if you're favorite member of a group left but ultimately, both life, and the music business, go on.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• nahhh today some people here said that if not all Twice members will renew contracts then they won't carry on as a group, which suggest like they are not relevant when not ot9... mehhh

:pepewhat:

Onces say that bc how they themselves emphasized it during Mina's hiatus. Ofc they had to perform as 8 even 7 once

Yeah, I've seen this too. I've seen antis say that they won't do well apart because some members are more popular and talented compared to others from what I've heard :rolleyes:

But Onces do say that TWICE isn't TWICE without 9 when members on hiatus because it doesn't feel complete but are never saying that they wouldn't do well as soloists or doing solo activities.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• yeah, one of the few things I LOATHE about K Pop is this whole "OT9 or nothing" bullshit. I could honestly not give a flying you know what who leaves and stays.

As long as the music is still good, a la New Edition and EXO, that's all that matters to me.

I mean, yeah, it would suck if you're favorite member of a group left but ultimately, both life, and the music business, go on.

Luckily ONCE say "OT9 or nothing" or "Twice isn't complete without OT9" when a member is missing because it does feel strange when a member is missing or on hiatus and we really care for Twice.

Those are real ONCE.

But always avoid those that say they can't do well alone or not in a group.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• On a practical level, any 5+ member group can stand to lose some members. Twice could lose several members and still function, just depends on who they lose

On a sentimental level, Twice has overemphasized their group bond from day 1, so them for real losing members would be a tough pill to swallow for some

I agree. I think ONCE has grown so much with Twice as OT9 and feel emotionally connected to them would probably impact how they feel about Twice...

Personally, I would be sad too but I would know they have moved on and hope they are happy <3

• Luckily ONCE say "OT9 or nothing" or "Twice isn't complete without OT9" when a member is missing because it does feel strange when a member is missing or on hiatus and we really care for Twice.

Those are real ONCE.

But always avoid those that say they can't do well alone or not in a group.

That's what I was trying to say; Those sayings irk me. Unpopular opinion but most K Pop groups could stand to drop a member or two.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• Even if some of them leave, it doesn't mean the group is dead. Taecyeon and 2PM just proved that JYP is willing to play ball with other agencies.

• Has anyone learned the lesson from "unbreakable bond"?

Idols have invested (their health, mind, sanity, etc) years in training and promoting with their group. Successful groups like Twice earned more than enough to be set for the rest of their lives. Once their contract is over many idols are ready to move on to their next stage in life, and often times that doesn't include other members. Idols would get upset at fans who don't realize this simple truth

• Has anyone learned the lesson from "unbreakable bond"?

Idols have invested (their health, mind, sanity, etc) years in training and promoting with their group. Successful groups like Twice earned more than enough to be set for the rest of their lives. Once their contract is over many idols are ready to move on to their next stage in life, and often times that doesn't include other members. Idols would get upset at fans who don't realize this simple truth

There is truth to this. Just because you're around someone for a large part of your life doesn't mean you want to be around them all the time.

Most people just want to do their own thing and idols aren't any different.

• SNSD went from 9 to 8 (then kinda to 5 and now solos too lol) and they are doing just fine. Whether Twice is 9, 8, 7, 6, 5... etc, they will still be Twice.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease take it from a SONE and understand that the members' individual happiness should always come first. They have given yall years (YEARS) of their youth and if they decide to pursue a different dream when contract renewals are up, they should be allowed to. If they don't continue as 9, then clearly it was the company's fault or things just became too much for them to handle. As I always say, love your idols while they're active. Just support them in whatever they wish to do (unless it's some fuckery then no lol).

• If jyp decides to disband twice just because 1 or 2 members don't want to renew they're idiots.

Especially if Nayeon and Jihyo would choose to stay. I do understand when like half of them leave.

• if they disband good for them I'm sure that's what they wanted

if some resign others don't good for them as well

I will just take what I can get...

• That's what I was trying to say; Those sayings irk me. Unpopular opinion but most K Pop groups could stand to drop a member or two.

That's true but it might take a while for fans to get used to is all I'm saying. Twice was fine when some members weren't there or went on hiatus but fans did miss the missing members a lot.

It's true that groups will never be the same if a member leaves but fans learn to adapt and accept pretty quickly. They need to.

Twice is one of the groups that fans have grown so used to them being together. They've spent a large chunk in their lives together, it's only natural for people to think this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!