Agree/Diagree JYPE Killed Somi's hype and Teddy/The Black Label finished off what was left!

• What Ya'll Say? 39

1. Yep (29) 74%
    2. Nope (10) 26%

So following what has been a fairly lacklustre move from JYP Entertainment I feel like the massive hype a potential Somi once had in her career is pretty much gone, what say you?

At one point she was one of the biggest up and coming stars in Korea and now her career is basically gone down the shitter, pardon my French. Birthday did pretty poorly, What You Waiting For(tho a great song) also didn't do well and now, risking the song rising and making a tit of myself, Dumb Dumb is seemingly doing pretty bad once again.

I feel like before JYPE left her sitting on the shelf for like 2 years Somi had the potential to be a massive star in this industry and now she's just kind of existing as a pet project for The Black Label. She's got like 3 or 4 songs since IOI...huh..

• The lack of releases is the main problem.

I agree. I don't think she has that solid of a fanbase to be very excited when she makes a comeback after so long. I think Somi needs more and more often comebacks to build more of a solid fanbase to do that. If there's a lack in comebacks, then it'd probably be normal for hype to die off after a while. It's not healthy to have one comeback a year.

• It's the hiatuses and lack of music. Unless your name is BLACKPINK, a long hiatus with barely any music or content will KILL your career, period. Especially if you're a newer artist or an artist who doesn't have a stable fanbase.

Now should she have stayed with ITZY? If she wanted a better career, maybe, but Somi looks like she's fine where she is now.

She's getting all her profit to herself instead of sharing it with 4 other members, she snatched a solo Louis Vuitton deal which she probably wouldn't have had while in ITZY, and she has more involvement in her music. If she wanted to leave JYP, it was likely for a reason.

It's kind of a shame that she lost all her momentum though, she used to be everywhere at IOI's peak.

• The lack of releases is the main problem.

She didn't strike when the iron was hot like Chungha did, she started releasing music a few months after IOI disbanded.

2019 was far too long to wait to cash in on the hype.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I don't even know about blaming JYP, because it's not like he left her sitting with no support for years on end. She joined in 2014, he funneled her into the show (Sixteen) that would make TWICE in 2015. Less than six months after Sixteen ended, she joined Produce 101. She was then with IOI until 2017. Within two months of her leaving IOI and throughout the rest of 2017, she had numerous collabs and shows.

THEN she joined The Black Label in 2018, and has gotten a whole three songs in four years. All while all the evidence supports that, while charming, she is much stronger in a group than as a soloist. She stands out more when she has people to balance her weak spots. She blends in as a soloist.

• Tbh seeing your posts regarding Somi ever since her cb i don't know if you are just being an anti or what you are doing here.. you are just spreading negativity towards her and her career and i don't know why? Are you worried? Curious?

Anyways, i hope Somi is happy with herself and her choices bc she clearly wasn't in JYPE and that's why she changed companies.

• Hmm, I think she could still save Dumb Dumb but they should start to PROMOTE her music and not her variety show skills. The exclusive comeback schedule method does not work for anyone. Somi has a big following and a lot of new people are interested in her but still not sure whether to stan or not. They should act fast

• Tbh seeing your posts regarding Somi ever since her cb i don't know if you are just being an anti or what you are doing here.. you are just spreading negativity towards her and her career and i don't know why? Are you worried? Curious?

Anyways, i hope Somi is happy with herself and her choices bc she clearly wasn't in JYPE and that's why she changed companies.

pretty sure Somi makes more money from one Insta post than all of us combined in a month.

OP should not be worried for her :P

JYP was worried for another one of them Miss A fiascos, and with Somi's popularity it would have happened.

I was happy when she moved to BL. Now not so much, since one cb an year sucks.

And singles at that.

• If she comes with an actual album, mini or full, with strong songs, I think that could help. If all or most of the songs on the album lack real musicianship, then I think it would be a bleak situation.

• Yeah, I agree. I don't think Somi has that solid or big enough fanbases to take that long of a hiatus...it's just not healthy for 99% of KPOP groups. You need to have a loyal and strong fandom like Blackpink or Red Velvet, groups that both have long droughts between comebacks, to keep somewhat of the same hype you had before.

Doing a comeback a year isn't helping Somi unfortunately. I don't blame her, I blame The Black Label.

• I also do agree that JYP took way too long to take advantage of the post-IOI hype. At least Chungha started releasing as soon as IOI disbanded and look where that got her, she had one of the biggest hits of 2019 with Gotta Go, Rollercoaster was a hit too.

JYP waited WAY too long to do anything and as a result, Somi only started releasing in 2019 when she left, 2 years after IOI disbandment when the hype was long gone.

• She does get her fair share of money with her cf deals so worrying about her in this sense isn't logical. About her music sense, well, she seems ok and she says she herself is working on her projects so let's see. I'm not happy with the one year, one song, but idk, I'm not understanding Somi/TBL anymore kkkkk

Yes, her situation with JYPE was confusing too, but she seems happy and her relationship with TBL staff seems fine.

• Not releasing music is a career destroyer in general. The fact that she hasn't released a mini or singles continuously after joining black label never allowed her to strengthen her fanbase or to make people pay attention to her.

She did do well on yt for this comeback. Still a small fanbase to chart but it's not enough on kcharts. There is no investment in her music career. No effort whatsoever.

Good thing is she still will always get cfs and variety shows.

*•.¸♡ 𝔸𝐫In ♡¸.•*

2d6c54bfd7e864b92a5f1704b161d7abf83b3216.jpg 64410b66a48c9a4172c4236594e45105cd3506eb.jpg 8e7e55161c99117ffd0493d1284b95069e9d40ba.jpg

• Somi was exposed to early people already knew her from sixteen and then IOI the hypes dead to me. I think this is why companies prefer unknown people. Somi been around since Twice Red Velvet Blackpink times this is not someone brand new

She literally performed on the same stage as them and others.

People says she's 4th gen, but nah. She's 3rd gen.

She had her debut at 15 for god's sake.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!