Anybody here suffering from mental health problems!!

• how did you discover there's something wrong with you? Did you try to get treatment? Did the treatment work?

I have got panic disorder and on/off depression. I am also introverted and I suffer from social anexity.

I also think I have BDD but I am not sure, maybe I am just fucking ugly lol. Some people have said I am good looking before, but some other people keep picking on my flaws and the way I look, even close friends. it's confusing. 😕

I never tried treatment, because I can't afford it.

• I got them. Suffered from Schizophrenia. Went batshit crazy on social media once or twice. Alienated friends.

The best way, imo, to get over your mental health problems is to create a strong and positive mentality yourself.

It's not easy but I think it's one of the only ways you can get over your problems without having to rely on medicine.

I don't take medicine at all, by the way.

• I honestly cant tell if I have mental health problems or not. I dont know how severe it needs to be to be called mental health problems. I am introverted and definitely have social anxiety. I cant talk to opposite gender, because I was bullied by them when I was 7. 1st year of school and got bullied, not an experience you want at an early stage.

And I dont seek help or treatment. Because I think its not severe and I cant afford it. I just pray. I know some people dont pray. But thats how I cope with it.

• Bipolar which I think pretty much covers all of my problems (depression, mania, anxiety, hallucinations, delusions, etc.). I was on medication for a while and did therapy but never really felt that much better and decided it was a waste of time/money. I went off my meds back around december-ish probably. I don't recommend this. Probably TMI for this forum, but I was closer to you-know-what-ing myself than ever in a while just a few months back. While I was on the meds I still had ideation so I thought it wasn't working but it never went that far while I was on them. You don't realize the change until you're out of it

I would say if you're limited on money go for medication over therapy. Maybe my therapy experience was just bad, but medication is the thing that will make this biggest change for you in my opinion. Even if you don't fully realize the change it makes, just keep with it. I'm going to try and set up an appointment to go back on mine soon and I recommend you go ahead and try that too. There's a lot of different ways to find the cheapest doctors/medication that can make it as affordable as possible, just do a little research for where you live and what programs can help you find that

Advice: Don't hold back when they're trying to diagnose you. I did that out of embarrassment, particularly with hallucinations and more of the "crazy" things with me. They can't give you the right meds if you don't give them the right information. It's their job and they won't judge you. They hear it all the time. And if what they give you truly isn't working, try another one. It's trial and error and that's ok

Good luck! Just know if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always open. Have had my own struggle with body image and other things you listed too. Same goes for anyone reading, I'm always open :pepelove1: About to go to bed though so if I don't respond, just know you're not being ignored

IM NAYEON 2022.06.24

Edited once, last by th17e ().

• I have suffered depression since 25 and anxiety since 2008. I’ve been to many counsellors but most are useless and don’t help. I’ve also tried many different medications some with quite bad side effects such as Zoloft which causes suicidal thoughts. I’m now on Lexapro which has helped with minimal side effects and I’m close to weaning off after 8 months with guidance from my doctor. Dealing with anxiety is a daily struggle but am coping quite well at the moment.

• Idk. I guess I just figured it out when I was around 12 years old. I was bullied at many different stages of my life and it's only now that I don't think of myself as worthless anymore. I realized my moods, habits and thoughts were on a completely different page than the people around me. And it wasn't the case of just being a different person like I believed. I wasn't well back then and often isolated myself from everyone. Over the last few years, I worked on self-soothing techniques, being my own best friend (cheesy I know, but you're born in this world alone and leave by yourself too, being mentally ill and harsh on yourself will only result in falling deeper, I experienced that one too many times), letting myself feel what I feel sometimes and taking it one day at a time. Sometimes I don't want to be here and think of my life as a place I'm here just for fun because otherwise, it will just get overwhelming. I think I have pretty bad coping techniques but it works for me and everyone in my life thinks I'm always happy and well.

I can't afford therapy either but went to counseling in high school from the reference of teachers who thought I looked "depressed" all the time and found I hated it. It feels like they're telling me how to feel and I'm sure it's not their intention, but I disliked how I felt when I was there. I feel like my reason for living is helping others and it's healing for me because I love doing it. But when I'm helped, I shut down.

And those friends? They're not your friends, real friends don't pick on your looks and flaws. People like that are more insecure than you, believe it or not so don't take their words to heart <3

• I have OCD and Social Anxiety. I’m currently taking medication solely for my Social Anxiety, and dealing with my OCD in healthy ways. I have therapy every two weeks, and that helps out. I know mental struggles are difficult deal with, but staying positive and hopeful is something that will most definitely help out. If you don’t have a healthy support system, keeping a diary or mood journal could help tremendously as well! Getting a good nights sleep, and taking care of yourself is also wonderful. I hope this helps in some way, and please remember that your struggles don’t define you! You’re an amazing human being, and please be kind to yourself!💖

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!