What sets Blackpink apart from the rest?

• They have Teddy’s music that’s more appealing internationally, it’s less cutesy and more badass vibes.

Only 4 members so it’s easier for a new listener to get into them

Starvation promo which helps to build hype towards every comeback

Great mvs and styling

• Blackpink has got to a point that they're simply unavoidable to not keep up with.

Blinks are massive and the girls are everywhere.

I don't stan them and I confess I'm not a fan of their music (they're okay at best imo), but whenever they release something, I either check to see what they're bringing to the game or I end up seeing someone talking about them put there.

I find it cool that they are so popular.

And I agree that DDDD was a game changer on their career.

• When they debuted, they look so mature and doesn't look like a minor. That played a big part in their early success, I think.

At the time (even today) majority of rookies looks so young.

• Usually it stems from a reason.

Like for example they are rivals with your faves. Nobody would watch bp and be like 'yeah i hate them' they're such kind people.

I think their music requires different music taste definitely but the way some fans attack them is past the point of being neutral to them they're plain bitter.

I agree but want to add that fans of groups with large popularity also instigate. They brag about their group's achievements, put down other groups, etc. So sometimes it's not just about the group or their music. Some fans hate the group because it's closely associated with the fanbase and they can't differentiate the two.

• I kind of agree with everything

but I don't agree about the rap line part though as far as I remember some people were into Rose's unique voice too. it's different for everyone maybe it was your own experience.

I personally know people that were drawn to either Jisoo or Rosie when they first got into blackpink. Keep in mind that some people are more into vocals than rap or something else. While it's true that Jennie and Lisa (especially Lisa's charisma) appeal to a bigger audience I think it varies for each person.

not sure if my opinion would count cause i'm not a fan rn :eyes:

but rosé's voice was the first thing that catched my attention in bp's songs, I think it stands out

and even in jennie's case, I think I was more impressed by her vocals than rap (not that i dislike her rap tho)

anyway just wanted to say you're right about people having different preferences.

• When they debuted, they look so mature and doesn't look like a minor. That played a big part in their early success, I think.

For me it's the completely opposite lol both BP and Twice looked young in their debut even tho some members were past 20, they had noticeable baby fat in their faces, whereas groups like Itzy and Aespa already have members with such sharper features that are so young.

Rosé looks sooo different in this poster

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/9a/dd/c49add34e1392f45f4b90e6354399774.png

• Let me think back when I was a newbie.. what pulled me towards BP that I once proclaimed I was an ARMYBlink (for a short while. And before anyone ask why for a short while, the simple answer is my blood turned purple).

BP’s music and style are more universal and easier to accept than most top GGs at the time (when you are new to kpop). Very attractive MVs and catchy songs with gorgeous girls with individual star power. BP girls also have that real friendship vibe that is heart warming and makes you feel connected with them. And it kinda helps that YG is a shitty company so that the fandom has something to bond over and fight for the girls.

Well that’s my take on this topic.

• For me it's the completely opposite lol both BP and Twice looked young in their debut even tho some members were past 20, they had noticeable baby fat in their faces, whereas groups like Itzy and Aespa already have members with such sharper features that are so young.

Rosé looks sooo different in this poster

https://i.pinimg.com/originals…92f45f4b90e6354399774.png

I think that user meant when BP debut, they dont seem like rookie but more like a matured group. That's because BP doesnt have thar rookie fresh vibe to them from the start. They were the badass ones and have good stage presence since the beginning

Though i agree, over the years they have grown so much that now they literally carry the show with their charisma alone

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!