What sets Blackpink apart from the rest?

• Their individuality, their talent, their harmony as a group when performing together with all four shining, them always showing gratitude towards us and we seeing how this is what they want to do. Their love for being here and idk, their whole discography is gold and you put it together with their incredible MV, fashion is on pair with high quality, their image is "strong, cool, confident, sweet and responsible girls" so this make it appealing.

BLACKPINK is a mystery nevertheless in kpop bc their growth is still abnormal.

• In their debut I think it was a mix of being good performers + teddy song + girl crush concept. Nowadays it's their annual edm song + their MVs (they really are well made to make the girls look gorgeus) + popular choreo + maybe their magazine shoots?? idk.

And obviously their big fandom, both ot4 and solo stans.

• Banger songs.

The charismatic members. All of them have a different vibe that works well individually and as a group. All of them r stars.

Honestly i don't know completely. There just was something about Blackpink that's completely different. Members and music play the biggest part.

ღ(¯`◕‿◕´¯) ♫ ♪ ♫ ʀօֆɛ ♫ ♪ ♫ (¯`◕‿◕´¯)ღ

7f9eee2656e838706ac90eac4079b6769f3c89b3.gifv fae84f51726793451a4df2eef61fd17a5162886c.gifv daafb8895819753cec2500fb0703ef2c89a49e7b.gifv

• Visually, they are mean girls of kpop. Those cool group of girls who form a squad and are popular at school. They are the main characters in a high teen movie. Idk if any of that makes sense to y'all. They are destined to be popular.

• 1. Music - You can watch any newbie reaction. It's always the music that stuns them first. It's just bops after bops and the type of music that gets the masses hyped. It's very easy to get into BP music.

2. The production- Both the song and the MV... Most are always mesmerized when they watch these MVs and say how a lot of western artists don't have these big budget MV and how amazing it actually looks.

3. Lisa and Jennie - A lot of BP songs are centered towards the rap line as primary focus. Their parts are usually the part that catches the attention... All songs until KTL have this factor. Post KTL is where you see vocal line getting more opportunities to shine (but then rap line still has that importance in songs which kinda what most people GENERALLY gravitate to and then branch out to Rose and Jisoo as they indulge into more songs or variety)

4. The groups individuality - 4 different personalities and styles coming together to form something amazing. The akgae problem shows how each member is able to hold onto so many people. They are diverse yet when together they become something even better. It's like a group of superheroes coming together.

5. Fashion - People can make fun of them but they have shown how big of an impact you can make. You can see GG outfits before BP debut and after, voila... Deny all you want but their impact in fashion and their ability to use it to their absolute advantage has propelled them so much further... This is one field they have no competition on, including BGs.

6. The fanbase.

7. Their interaction with each other isn't over the top. I think only blinks understand this.

• I kind of agree with everything

but I don't agree about the rap line part though as far as I remember some people were into Rose's unique voice too. it's different for everyone maybe it was your own experience.

I personally know people that were drawn to either Jisoo or Rosie when they first got into blackpink. Keep in mind that some people are more into vocals than rap or something else. While it's true that Jennie and Lisa (especially Lisa's charisma) appeal to a bigger audience I think it varies for each person.

• I kind of agree with everything

but I don't agree about the rap line part though as far as I remember some people were into Rose's unique voice too. it's different for everyone maybe it was your own experience.

I personally know people that were drawn to either Jisoo or Rosie when they first got into blackpink. Keep in mind that some people are more into vocals than rap or something else. While it's true that Jennie and Lisa (especially Lisa's charisma) appeal to a bigger audience I think it varies for each person.

which is why I said GENERALLY... Im not saying its a hard and fast rule... this is what I generally observed in a lot of newbies... I even explained how their songs and mv till KTL has this factor... I never undermined Rose or Jisoo...

If you take most songs until KTL it's the rap line that is primary focus. But in songs like LSG or STAY vocal line gets more focus. I'm just talking about initial reaction of new comers and how the mvs are designed...

• I always say this.

Blackpink is a group consists of 4 different and yet harmonious members. Each member has their own star quality that can excel in different fields and yet when brought together, they become stronger.

Jisoo - acting, variety shows, singing, modelling

Jennie - rapping, singing, modelling

Rosé - singing, dancing, high fashion modelling, potential in acting and varieties

Lisa - dancing, rapping, modelling

They just have their own charisma that attracts specific set of fans.

I would also take into consideration their songs and Teddy but if not because of Blackpink's delivery of their songs, the songs won't even work and get famous.

It all goes down to BP individual charisma.

• Star quality & charisma. At least, that’s what I think it comes down to. BP were never meant to become as popular as they became. They were designed for success, but YHS himself were anxious about their debut. iKon & Winner were primed for the spotlight with BB enlisting. Whistle & D4 were both fought for to become singles by Teddy & the group. They simply bring it every chance they get. They’re a spectacle. Love or hate them, people tune in. Every comeback is an event. Theyre effortless. They’re cool. They’re sexy. They can be cute. Men want to date them. Women think of them as aspirational. They can do love songs. They can do girl crush. BP is actually very versatile in several ways that people don’t recognize cause their concept isn’t limited by age or maturity. As time goes on and they continue to show their creative freedom, it will become more evident.

• For me, it's the YG music production sensibilites. I don't like all their songs, but the ones I co-sign have some of the best feeling rhythms in K-Pop. The cadences and flows hit on a respectable level too. I count some of their work as strong examples of the potential for d0pe songs to come out of K-Pop.

• its because they're very very distinct

i think one thing that non-kpoppies make fun of kpop for "they all look the same" doesn't hold for bp.

not only are they a group of 4:

jennie: sharp, fierce, glamourous, cat eyes.

lisa: short hair, energetic, bouncy, bangs

rose: long face, indie vibes, most distinct face of the group.

jisoo: soft, beautiful, girl next door vibes, amazing visuals.

each one of them has something going for them.

for rose, her fans love to show off her unique vocal tone

for lisa, its her dancing and charismatic rap

for jennie, shes the face of the group in korea, and the fierce rapper

for jisoo, she's the future actor, and the visual.

i cant think of another post 2nd gen group that is as distinct. bp literally have nothing overlapping.

for instance if you say "jennie and lisa both rap", jennies rap is fast paced and fierce, very chic and her pronunciation is almost always perfect. lisa has a more slow, drawn out rap, when her voice bounces with the beat, mostly english with a hint of her funky korean accent.

rose and jisoos vocals are distinct too, jennie falling right in between them on a spectrum when rose is high and jisoo is deep.

i think this individuality lets fans choose a member they like the most (breeding solo stans) and makes the group more charming over all.

not even one of their face shapes match, with lisa having the small face, forehead hidden by bangs, jisoos teardrop face that perfectly fits korean visuals, rose's longer and angular face and jennies chubby face with squishy cheeks

»» make a wish upon the moon, youre just a little different from others ««

• If you look number of likes, difference is even wider than number of views. Most liked Blackpink MV have like 4x more likes than any other gg. I think most important thing is first impression Blackpink bring to you. You have to please casual listeners, if you wanna be big, because most people not bring second listen to the group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!