I can't wait until BTS wins a Grammy...

• They are big enough that any song they release will do well and now they can show to the world what all of us have seen in BTS that made them truly special.

(...)

I will try to remain optimistic because I know what they are capable of. They can make really great music so I am hopeful they will do it next time.

I hope it is like that. My problem with this is that now they have this momentum and all eyes are on them so what they release is what they want to represented by on a more mainstream level. And it felt odd they chose such a song as PTD at such a moment. Because to me, and having looked around to many others as well, this is the least BTS single ever. So, it feels like a waste of this momentum not to do something more them.

Yup.

I don't want to keep on the same beat, but a single like ON with the momentum they're having now would be amazing. Now that the media is so focused on them a performance like that would wow critics. We could two bangers in a row (Dionysus and then ON) so I thought that pre pandemic they were really aiming at going all out with performances before enlistment happened.

But oh well... our future was much different and it's nobody's fault :peperain:

......If you see my previous comment about Korean songs which would include the album I have not ignored BE at all... ?(

Eheh... that user also ignored what I wrote about BE/7 and why it seems people have forgotten them.

And, PTD is still a lot better than some kpop title tracks.

Preach! PTD is at the bottom of released singles IMO, but it's still better than some noise tracks going around there. I'm glad the world seems to be stepping away from dubstep :pepe-cross:

The band's got a genius lyricist, that's why!!

tenor.gif

Indeed, that's one of the reasons why I fell in love with them. But his latest weverse interview got me worried, because he kind of stated that he's been a bit more slow at writing stuff nowadays (as in hasn't got the inspiration). And then we got the English singles :pepeshock: I'm a big stan of the tannies input and I don't want to see it fade away (PTD the most glaring case)

• I don't want to keep on the same beat, but a single like ON with the momentum they're having now would be amazing. Now that the media is so focused on them a performance like that would wow critics. We could two bangers in a row (Dionysus and then ON) so I thought that pre pandemic they were really aiming at going all out with performances before enlistment happened.

well we got ON last year and guess what? Yall ain't stream it :) I'm 99.99% sure if bts really does a r&b and hip hop focused album its gonna pull less numbers than their pop focused ones bc yall are LIARS!

• well we got ON last year and guess what? Yall ain't stream it :) I'm 99.99% sure if bts really does a r&b and hip hop focused album its gonna pull less numbers than their pop focused ones bc yall are LIARS!

actually.. Pop songs just do better generally. That's why pop music is so 'popular' lol

that doesn't mean bts's hip-hop and rnb songs don't get streamed. It's almost like BTS have a lot of casual fans that also listen to them. You don't actually believe Armys alone made Dynamite so popular right? A lot of that was GP. Which is what bts intended it to be.

BTS's core fanbase love the hip-hop songs. well.. things might have changed since but that's what it was.

BTS started out as a hip-hop group. It's what they're so good at. Of course people want more hip-hop bangtan.

I love the smell of gasoline..

I've always liked to play with fire..

#createskz from my universe #createskz from my universe

• actually.. Pop songs just do better generally. That's why pop music is so 'popular' lol

that doesn't mean bts's hip-hop and rnb songs don't get streamed. It's almost like BTS have a lot of casual fans that also listen to them. You don't actually believe Armys alone made Dynamite so popular right? A lot of that was GP. Which is what bts intended it to be.

BTS's core fanbase love the hip-hop songs. well.. things might have changed since but that's what it was.

BTS started out as a hip-hop group. It's what they're so good at. Of course people want more hip-hop bangtan.

Yeah pop songs generally do better but even if u look at streams vs fandom reception with their unpromoted bsides there's definitely a discrepancy 🥴

Like these people can't ask for more songs like old bangtan just for them to be all talk and not actually LISTEN to it. And yeah streams dont matter or whatever but with the amount of people complaining about how they like old bts the numbers on spotify just arent adding up

• Well said. I agree with everything you said. But I do love dark concepts more haha.

People like to complain that fans forget BE exists, but it the end what they promote is what's most important and what will captivate the media and attract new fans. A single is a statement on how they want to be perceived. Also BE and to an extent 7 end up being forgotten because we had no concerts live shows etc. So a solo like Filter for instance ends up being forgettable compared to Serendipity since the latter was performed on a tour and we saw it over and over (it became more iconic).

they literally said they think ptd suites their image in a vlive before its release. so yes, these bright fun pop songs are how they see themselves and want to be presented rn. thats the truth that some of y'all begging for a hip hop tt fail to take into consideration

• Yeah pop songs generally do better but even if u look at streams vs fandom reception with their unpromoted bsides there's definitely a discrepancy 🥴

Like these people can't ask for more songs like old bangtan just for them to be all talk and not actually LISTEN to it. And yeah streams dont matter or whatever but with the amount of people complaining about how they like old bts the numbers on spotify just arent adding up

idk man if people are asking for it, it tells me they wanna listen to it. You can't just decide that the people that are asking don't listen to those songs. It's not a monolith. The entire fandom is not asking. The numbers tell you that the pop songs get streamed more but that doesn't mean the hip-hop songs aren't listened to or are valued less.

And really how many people are asking and how many people are saying it's not necessary? In this thread alone you'll get your answer.

I love the smell of gasoline..

I've always liked to play with fire..

#createskz from my universe #createskz from my universe

• ngl I'm very confused at what the actual issue is rn

- if it's strictly about missing "old bangtan" then the old videos and songs are still there, no one is stopping anyone from rewatching them

- if it's about missing korean music, they literally released a korean album and few soundcloud songs between dyna and butter/ptd

- if it's about not wanting the gp to know bts through their english singles (that some of you consider mediocre) then the members seem to disagree with that sentiment. it's very clear that they like those songs and enjoy performing them, they released them in english to reach a wider audience obviously, so it's safe to assume that's how they want current bts to be presented to the public.

if i missed the point, i hope someone clarifies...

STEP Let Butter melt your 💟 STEP Stan BTS STEP Visit bulletproof for fun & akorns!

20210909_091632.gif

• ......If you see my previous comment about Korean songs which would include the album I have not ignored BE at all... ?(

If that's the case, then I'm not really understanding your point at all then if you're taking BE into account...

Eheh... that user also ignored what I wrote about BE/7 and why it seems people have forgotten them.

Have I quoted you or responded to you before or are you just talking about in general?

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floor!

Steam Community :: :: BTS

• If that's the case, then I'm not really understanding your point at all then if you're taking BE into account...

Have I quoted you or responded to you before or are you just talking about in general?

To be honest I don't know who I talked to already haha!

What I mean is people tend to forget BE and (to an extent) 7 exist because they have never been performed live. Songs that have been performed on tours create a lasting memory (who can forget Jimin singing inside a bubble, or J-Hope and his enormous energy during Just Dance, etc) unlike those that have never been performed in front of an audience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!