BTS, Blackpink and Twice are the big 3 of 3rd gen

• If we are talking overall sales, including digital that's a no.

Yes for BTS, but BP and Twice don't come near Exo.

And the debate between who is above between BP and Twice tires me, so I won't say it's Twice or BP.

Really??? I’m not a once (I do enjoy Twice) but I think you’re selling TWICE majorly short if you don’t think they come near EXO. In the eyes of the Korean public, TWICE > EXO. EXO and TWICE are almost equitable in international popularity, but everything TWICE touched from Cheer Up to Yes or Yes smashed with the addition of excellent album sales for a girl group. EXO never dominated Korea in it’s entirety in the same way TWICE did at one point.

• If we are talking overall sales, including digital that's a no.

Yes for BTS, but BP and Twice don't come near Exo.

And the debate between who is above between BP and Twice tires me, so I won't say it's Twice or BP.

Then say there's a big 4.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Really??? I’m not a once (I do enjoy Twice) but I think you’re selling TWICE majorly short if you don’t think they come near EXO. In the eyes of the Korean public, TWICE > EXO. EXO and TWICE are almost equitable in international popularity, but everything TWICE touched from Cheer Up to Yes or Yes smashed with the addition of excellent album sales for a girl group. EXO never dominated Korea in it’s entirety in the same way TWICE did at one point.

Exo has about 12 or so million albums sold, Twice has about 10. And this is physicals.

Trust me on this, I used to fight over stats with Exo-L's all the time.

At one point we were above.

Digital wise, I think BP is higher than both Exo and Twice, but don't quote me on that.

But these are stats from 2020. I mean who knows at this point.

If it's true that Twice is above Exo I'll be happy :P (but I highly doubt it)

• two girl groups above EXO? I don't mean to be a sexist but damn, I guess EXO was not as big as I thought?

If I'm honest, EXO should tie with BP up there. EXO has gigantic sales and their digitals aren't bad at all.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• TWICE is above BP in lifetime digitals. Even from 2018-now, TWICE has more digital points.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Here for the inevitable 11 page thread :pepe-tea:

Me just coming in to correct people and watch them fight.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• What's the airplay audience?

Estimated people who have heard their songs on the radio

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• All 4 will be remembered. There’s really not a big three. It’s always stated as EXO-BTS and TWICE - BP as the top groups with RV usually added as fifth. But I don’t think anyone would be incorrect labeling EXO, BP, and TWICE in any order. TWICE does have the stats & public recognition to be ranked higher than EXO if they want to debate it.

• So it should be BTS, Twice, Exo = BP?

I honestly don't know stats anymore. Haven't really paid much attention.

I was just enjoying the music.

A lot of people will fight over who is in 2nd and 3rd. I'm just saying EXO deserves to be included if BP is.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• All 4 will be remembered. There’s really not a big three. It’s always stated as EXO-BTS and TWICE - BP as the top groups with RV usually added as fifth. But I don’t think anyone would be in correct labeling EXO, BP, and TWICE in any order.

This deserves best answer.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• A lot of people will fight over who is in 2nd and 3rd. I'm just saying EXO deserves to be included if BP is.

I don’t think that’s quite fair though. EXO has more lifetime digital sales but that’s not the full picture. They have more material. The fact that BP has 30 songs and match them shows that on average if you’re going to bet on who would top the digital charts. BP would go much further.

• All 4 will be remembered. There’s really not a big three. It’s always stated as EXO-BTS and TWICE - BP as the top groups with RV usually added as fifth. But I don’t think anyone would be in correct labeling EXO, BP, and TWICE in any order. TWICE does have the stats & public recognition to be ranked higher than EXO if they want to debate it.

This deserves best answer.

I agree.

That's the best way to put it.

For BG it was always BTS and Exo

And for GG it was always Twice and BP

And RV does deserve their place.

And to be honest? Just to have Twice, BP and RV in the same conversation as two of the biggest BG of 3rd gen makes me happy. It's a known fact that BG sell a lot more than GG.

• I don’t think that’s quite fair though. EXO has more lifetime digital sales but that’s not the full picture. They have more material. The fact that BP has 30 songs and match them shows that on average if you’re going to bet on who would top the digital charts. BP would go much further.

Not talking digitals only, I'm talking physicals and touring.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!