4th gen boy group

• I'm on a run today hahahah but yeah it's been a while since i got in the forum sooo

anyways

ill paste this small review of mine

let me know what you think :

BOYS TALK

Stray kids is good - reaallyyy good actually especially God's menu ! Woah that was epic but I can't seem to remember any other song from them :nervousk: which leads me to think they aren't consistent (SUperJunior, 2pm, Bigban, Exo, Bts since 2013, all these amazing bg had such memorable songs, even the slow/ballad ones). Identity wise, I feel like they have their own signature : mix of jyp and yg sort of bg !

TXT is good but (OMG IM SORRYYYYYY) I feel like they are a duplicata of BTS. :cryingk: there I said it, feel free to attack me (no don't) . It' just production wise, visuals wise, marketing strategy wise, it's so similar. Hybe is making a mistake by trying to create another BTS , they should let TXT become TXT. It's sad though

Treasure have their own color, they seem different from other groups, they are like a mix of YG, SM and jyp lmaoooo I can't put my finger on what's going on :teeheek: BUUUT , to me at least, they are just BABIES we need to wait for them to grow up but if you put them with other groups they ll do just fine meaning they don't lack anything they have so much talent skill charm ect .... Except they didn't even reach 20% of their potential so imma enjoy their current hits and b tracks. They sold over 1 million copies though in less than 5 months :whatk: that's quite impressive ! no other group did that (correct me of I'm wrong) !

Anyways that's my humble opinion :nervousk:

• TXT is good but (OMG IM SORRYYYYYY) I feel like they are a duplicata of BTS. :cryingk: there I said it, feel free to attack me (no don't) . It' just production wise, visuals wise, marketing strategy wise, it's so similar. Hybe is making a mistake by trying to create another BTS , they should let TXT become TXT. It's sad though

TXT is nothing like BTS, especially not in marketing and production.

• BTS started out with hip hop, moved to R&B and rock in 2014, pop in 2015, and only in 2017 did they fully embrace EDM sounds. TXT started with pop and is just now starting to branch to more genres.

• TXT was marketed as BTS' little brother group for their debut era only (exception is in Japan, where any rookie group that comes after a successful one from the same label gets the junior treatment). After May of 2019, TXT was left to their own team and grow their own fandom. Lots don't know this, but 4/5 members got sick during August and September and they had to delay their first comeback by a month. They lost so many bandwagon fans back then, yet they're still accused of cheating their way to their current position by being labelmates with BTS.

• BTS, from the start, was marketed as a bolder hip hop boy group in stark contrast to 2AM and 8eight, which were ballad groups co-managed by BH in the late 00s & early 10s. Their multiple pre-debut features (with Jo Kwon and Lee SeungGi for example), many pre-debut covers (released on SoundCloud and YT), the vlogs up until 2014, Bangtan Bombs which are still going, etc. are all unique to them.
      • Lots of newer groups do pre-debut vlogs and even videos stylized after Bangtan Bombs. Even their damn name is something that was and still is unique.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I didn't see similarities between Crown, Run Away, Can't You See Me, Blue Hour, and 0X1=Lovesong with any BTS songs. Or maybe I just didn't go through BTS discographies enough, maybe like you who also don't listen to TXT discographies enough.

People who are still touting the "TXT is a BTS copycat" crap do not take TXT seriously at this point; it's been over 2 years, get a fuckin grip.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• People who are still touting the "TXT is a BTS copycat" crap do not take TXT seriously at this point; it's been over 2 years, get a fuckin grip.

You already gone through a whole BTS discographies, now for a simple example please tell me is there any BTS songs sound like Cat and Dog?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or the Star Seeker universe seems like BTS universe?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Heck they even have different US label.

EsteemedAptIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

“When you write comments like this, you must look at yourself first.” Choi Soobin

• The backlash already💀

I know it's just an opinion but imo there aren't any similarities between TXT and BTS. One started out as a very hip-hoppy, dark boy group while the other started out as the complete opposite.

SKZ' issue is that they made...very polarizing music at the beginning, at least for their title tracks/lead singles. I think God's Menu and Back Door is a step in the right direction, those 2 songs(especially the former) grew their I-fanbase tremendously. They're a boy group to look out for tbh.

• No, their management and music is entirely different.

Some people heard CYSM?, saw TXT being angsty, and immediately called it a Fake Love ripoff and that was spread across Kpop social sites. Like BRUH, they're not the same key, same tempo, and TXT don't even rap in that song.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• The backlash already💀

I know it's just an opinion but imo there aren't any similarities between TXT and BTS. One started out as a very hip-hoppy, dark boy group while one started out as the complete opposite.

SKZ' issue is that they made...very polarizing music at the beginning, at least for their title tracks/lead singles. I think God's Menu and Back Door is a step in the right direction, those 2 songs(ESPECIALLY the former) grew their fanbase tremendously. They're a boy group to look out for tbh.

I am the backlash personified. Anybody talking about TXT using outdated 2019 drags can and will get this smoke!

Thats On Period GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• No, their management and music is entirely different.

Some people heard CYSM?, saw TXT being angsty, and immediately called it a Fake Love ripoff and that was spread across Kpop social sites. Like BRUH, they're not the same key, same tempo, and TXT don't even rap in that song.

Majority of TXT songs don't even have rap part. If I want a reach, then any 4th gen BG with heavy rap and hiphop are sound more like BTS. But nope, even with those, each group has their own sound, nothing alike.

And lemme just promote TXT most viral B-side in here

EsteemedAptIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

“When you write comments like this, you must look at yourself first.” Choi Soobin

• How is BtS and TXT similar?! Omg! I don’t believe after two years we still getting this cr*p!!!!!!!!! They started out totally different, they look totally different visual wise…. Music wise the same!!!!! The only thing similar is they all male and they are BH group! Go and listen some of BTS and TXT songs! How is that sounds same!

C6CF4621-3EAE-4E27-8892-3764B3472CD1.jpeg

• I know BTS and TXT discographies from top to bottom, I've been an ARMY since 2014 and a MOA since 2019 and the similarities are just not there :pepenomad: I understand if people don't listen to the discography of a group they are not interested in, but only listening to their title tracks should be already enough to realise they are just two completely different groups. This applies too for the visuals and the marketing strategies. I just don't know what you are looking at to think TXT are BTS' copycats. I thought we had already moved on from this narrative :pepefacepalm:

• Stream on YouTube TREASURE's BOY music video, 13M views more for 100M! :froghype::pepe-excited::pepemusic::pepelove1:

External Content www.youtube.com

• TXT is nothing like BTS, especially not in marketing and production.

• BTS started out with hip hop, moved to R&B and rock in 2014, pop in 2015, and only in 2017 did they fully embrace EDM sounds. TXT started with pop and is just now starting to branch to more genres.

• TXT was marketed as BTS' little brother group for their debut era only (exception is in Japan, where any rookie group that comes after a successful one from the same label gets the junior treatment). After May of 2019, TXT was left to their own team and grow their own fandom. Lots don't know this, but 4/5 members got sick during August and September and they had to delay their first comeback by a month. They lost so many bandwagon fans back then, yet they're still accused of cheating their way to their current position by being labelmates with BTS.

• BTS, from the start, was marketed as a bolder hip hop boy group in stark contrast to 2AM and 8eight, which were ballad groups co-managed by BH in the late 00s & early 10s. Their multiple pre-debut features (with Jo Kwon and Lee SeungGi for example), many pre-debut covers (released on SoundCloud and YT), the vlogs up until 2014, Bangtan Bombs which are still going, etc. are all unique to them.
      • Lots of newer groups do pre-debut vlogs and even videos stylized after Bangtan Bombs. Even their damn name is something that was and still is unique.

Obviously TXT didn't start with a strong hiphop concept since even BTS had to change and be softer and more popish.

What I'm saying is HYBE took the success formula of bts and tried to insert it in txt. that's it.

Oh that's sad :cryingk: if they didn't stick around then they weren't real fans. One month delay is nothing (at least to me who is blink thus used to waiting, like a lot).

Still I hope while growing TXT will find their own color and become themselves fully. :oops:

• I didn't see similarities between Crown, Run Away, Can't You See Me, Blue Hour, and 0X1=Lovesong with any BTS songs. Or maybe I just didn't go through BTS discographies enough, maybe like you who also don't listen to TXT discographies enough.

Maybe ! That could be possible too ! I only listened to a few songs from them. They weren't bad at alllll. They just, to my ears, seemed quite similar to bts's mellow pop songs. But for example, image wise, I just found this :

TXT blue hour

maxresdefault.jpg

BTS - save me me

6d71aba0683d40bb852b66c321675e9d.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The songs vibes are totally different but the scene is quite similar. Or maybe it's just me ? anyways

But I guess it's not surprising since they are from the same company .

Anyways I'll keep rooting for TXT and hope they ll make even better more authentic music <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• I am the backlash personified. Anybody talking about TXT using outdated 2019 drags can and will get this smoke!

Thats On Period GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lmao why so pressed ? We're talking here. Instead of going all agressive try to enlighten me.

You're just giving a bad image as a txt fan.

Grow up and communicate.

Plus this wasn't a TXT thread but an all 4th bg thread.

Read the title again :starec:

• Majority of TXT songs don't even have rap part. If I want a reach, then any 4th gen BG with heavy rap and hiphop are sound more like BTS. But nope, even with those, each group has their own sound, nothing alike.

And lemme just promote TXT most viral B-side in here

TXT is nothing like BTS, especially not in marketing and production.

Thanks for explaining !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!