BLACKPINK is the most disrespected unproblematic top Group I have ever encountered in Kpop till now.

• Never saw a Group so big, so unproblematic, yet so discredited at the same time… and that in all ways possible.

Their company is giving the bare minimum, sometimes it even feels like they don’t know what to do with them. Yet their mismanagement is claimed to be the reason of their success (let it make sense)

Their achievements are belittled to media play and payola, because so many can’t believe they really that popular, so there must be some shady manipulation going on.

People intentionally wanna leave them out in discussions about big Kpop Groups.

Sometimes because mentioning them along side others is seen as an insult… while it’s ok if other Groups are mentioned.

They get slut-shamed and their talent downplayed. They treated like a mid-tier Group by many. Some even use their mismanagement as shade :eyes:

Some people hate YG so much, that they leave out their dislike on them (since they are their biggest Act at the moment)… so much that they would rather eat dirt than to admit their impact.

They broke decades old records and people still be like “well if they really that big, they would have won a Daesang” yada yada yada

And if Blinks point this out, people start to gaslight them and act as if they got no rational reason to be upset.

And dare anyone comes here to make it about their faves or start a whataboutism… you’re gladly asked to leave the Thread thank you!!!

• SandyBee3

Changed the title of the thread from “BLACKPINK is the most disrespected unproblematic top Group I have ever encountered Kpop till now.” to “BLACKPINK is the most disrespected unproblematic top Group I have ever encountered in Kpop till now.”.
  • Seriously though it’s so ridiculous! All they have to do is breathe and you have haters ready to jump down their throats. People need to go outside and touch grass.

~ ω

• They mad because bp is so successful even with the bare minimum. Zero messy scandal from the group. Success is the reason they r mad.

U r absolutely spot on about the yg situation. Its used as a shade and the secret behind their success. Makes zero sense lol.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I understand not liking/stanning BP as a musical act, I personally don't like their music that much. But what I don't understand is hating and resenting them. They have literally never given anyone a reason to hate them, they're inoffensive and unproblematic, anything anyone can use against them is directly the responsibility of the company and not the group itself.

The only reason left is jealousy of their success and of course misogyny. I can't think of any other reasons.

hua-cheng.gif

Edited once, last by chounim ().

Their company is giving the bare minimum, sometimes it even feels like they don’t know what to do with them. Yet their mismanagement is claimed to be the reason of their success (let it make sense)

If this has to do with the high number of views on YT it does make sense tho. Less videos to view, the more Blinks will stream them.

Not that I agree with it. They deserve a lot more than one comeback in a blue moon.

But that's what YG does. Keeps them in the dungeon. And we all know it.

And tbh, having only one producer actively working on them, who has to produce other acts as well is dumb af.

• If this has to do with the high number of views on YT it does make sense tho. Less videos to view, the more Blinks will stream them.

Not that I agree with it. They deserve a lot more than one comeback in a blue moon.

But that's what YG does. Keeps them in the dungeon. And we all know it.

And tbh, having only one producer actively working on them, who has to produce other acts as well is dumb af.

BP is not just YouTube records tho….

• They are hated for no reason.

While other group is hated because of the fandom, at least that group is hated for a reason but with BP...

This is a thread about blackpink. But instead of discussing about how unjustly they are hated, you went and brought up not just another group but also their fandom to justify why they are hated. Wow, just wow.

• They had their fair share of controversy though. Between the lazy Jennie thing, the HYLT MV thing... Kpop controversies are dogshit most of the time anyway.

Now, are they disrespected more than what's expected? I mean, I feel like the disrespect you get is always directly tied to your renown. It's the downside of success and there's not much one can do about it. When you're popular, you're exposed. When you're exposed, you're criticized. It's the same for everyone, bar a few maybe.

• I understand not liking/stanning BP as a musical act, I personally don't like their music that much. But what I don't understand is hating and resenting them. They have literally never given anyone a reason to hate them, they're inoffensive and unproblematic, anything anyone can use against them is directly the responsibility of the company and not the group itself.

The only reason left is jealousy of their success and of course misogyny. I can't think of any other reasons.

True! You don’t need to like their music, we all got different tastes and it’s good so. But I seriously don’t get why they get much resentment for absolutely doing nothing wrong themself.

Jealousy? Well the last time I checked they ain’t no competition or big enough to be jealous of…… so I guess misogyny is the only thing left, as some say, they only got that far because of male gaze, Soo yeah

• Jennie in particular is probably the most disrespected idol on akp too. All the grossest crossing the line shit I've seen here has been in her honor :pepestare:

I don’t wanna know how she deals with all this… 2019 was a sh*t year for her, even shady videos of her getting millions of views and upvotes…. Just sickening.

• Jennie in particular is probably the most disrespected idol on akp too. All the grossest crossing the line shit I've seen here has been in her honor :pepestare:

It’s absolutely saddening that people think it’s okay to hate on someone who has literally done nothing to them. It’s almost like it’s acceptable to hate on Jennie, like she’s not human like the rest of us. The lazy era was horrible. People were coming at her left and right, and just witnessing it made me anxious. I can’t imagine how she must have felt seeing so many people hate on her. I just pray that she is in a better mental state now. She looks happier these days, which is wonderful. Happy Jennie is the best Jennie💗

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

Edited once, last by GoldenNini ().

The rotten stuff some people have said about her especially on old akp. Those threads were rarely were closed and those members got no sort of punishment. The amount of hate she gets for the smallest reason. I wasn't a fan during the lazy fiasco but from what I have heard it was hell.

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I don’t wanna know how she deals with all this… 2019 was a sh*t year for her, even shady videos of her getting millions of views and upvotes…. Just sickening.

I think she might avoid social media. Though I am pretty sure she knows about the hate. I remember this thing I read about how Jisoo said Jennie acts like she doesn't care about the hate but Jisoo sometimes hears her crying at night.

• They had their fair share of controversy though. Between the lazy Jennie thing, the HYLT MV thing... Kpop controversies are dogshit most of the time anyway.

Now, are they disrespected more than what's expected? I mean, I feel like the disrespect you get is always directly tied to your renown. It's the downside of success and there's not much one can do about it. When you're popular, you're exposed. When you're exposed, you're criticized. It's the same for everyone, bar a few maybe.

I wanna say something, but I rather dm you to not get this Thread derailed.

• Imagine being petty over 4 sweethearts like them…

Most of the hate comes from people hating YG!

right??? Like it’s okay to hate the label but that doesn’t mean the girls are YG themselves. They work hard, are genuinely living out their dreams, provide good music, etc.

I can’t imagine hating success like that!

~ ω

• The rotten stuff some people have said about her especially on old akp. Those threads were rarely were closed and those members got no sort of punishment. The amount of hate she gets for the smallest reason. I wasn't a fan during the lazy fiasco but from what I have heard it was hell.

The second time I bumped into the old akp. It was something about BP's worst outfits, and one the comments was "does Jennie ever get the bad outfits? NO!" and etc calling her spoiled brat. It was one of the reasons I didn't like Jennie a lot in the beginning.

And Jennie doesn't get bad outifts? Please tell me what this is then?

Lisa once said jennie is the one who decided everything for everyone -  K-POP - allkpop forums

• True! You don’t need to like their music, we all got different tastes and it’s good so. But I seriously don’t get why they get much resentment for absolutely doing nothing wrong themself.

Jealousy? Well the last time I checked they ain’t no competition or big enough to be jealous of…… so I guess misogyny is the only thing left, as some say, they only got that far because of male gaze, Soo yeah

You don't even have to look far, misogyny against Blackpink is present even in this forum. From saying they are not real artists and are only good to look at, to saying their only worth lies in their skinny physique to slutshaming them for the sexual lyrics of Icrecream (while stanning male idols that write explicit lyrics and grab their dicks and flash their abs as part of the choreography)

It's sickening seeing those posters prance around the forum as if nothing happened. Just recently I learned that a certain poster here once shared degrading deepfakes of BP members in the old forum, they were apparently banned but they were still allowed to rejoin the forum after the revamp)

I wish mods would take a stricter stance with misogyny but, really, after seeing people liken ÆSPA's concept to prostitution in the old forum with no repercussions whatsoever I don't have any expectations.

hua-cheng.gif

Edited once, last by chounim ().

• The second time I bumped into the old akp. It was something about BP's worst outfits, and one the comments was "does Jennie ever get the bad outfits? NO!" and etc calling her spoiled brat. It was one of the reasons I didn't like Jennie a lot in the beginning.

And Jennie doesn't get bad outifts? Please tell me what this is then?

Lisa once said jennie is the one who decided everything for everyone -  K-POP - allkpop forums

Calling her a brat is not even the worse thing. Some have told worse. Not to forget the YG princess narrative many had going on for her. She never caught a break from all this.

• succesful women are the most hated. Unfortunately, people can't stand succesful women I don't know why.

For example, Olivia Rodrigo also get unreasonable hate like even her good live performances are made fun of when she is actually good at singing live like they don't know what else to use to throw shade at her.

• This thread contains 170 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!