Some kpop fans need to understand that their favs are unhealthy.

• Some people need to stop pretending that their favs that are eating 500 calories a day are healthy. An idol will clearly show signs of restriction be it mental or physical and some fans will do mental gymnastics trying to paint their favs as the epitome of health.

Not to mention the fans that go 'wElL I WeiGH aS mUcH As *insert idol here* aNd i'M heAltHy. Well, do you dance for hours upon hours every day? Do you have a schedule so busy you only get to sleep for 2 hours a day? Are you pressured into unhealthy diets by your company that does not give you the right amount of nutrients needed to live healthily?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Now I'm not going to sit here and say every single idol is on a restrictive diet and has a bad relationship with food. There are idols with naturally fast metabolisms or who lose weight slowly in a healthy manner. But some of you'll need to be reminded that idols are under a ridiculous amount of pressure not just by the company but by their society to conform to the standard of beauty, and the possibility that your fave has disordered eating is WAY higher than the possibility that they don't.

• I wish idols would be given the time and also have the motivation to adopt Western standards of fitness training. After watching interview after interview, it seems like idols are way too busy to devote time to their personal health. And they're also not inclined to want to workout even if they were given the time to do so.

Instead of wasting so much time on doing super intricate and difficult syncronized choreo, how about letting idols use that training time to just do muscle building exercise. If you develop muscle, you develop stamina and the ability to eat the food we all crave without gaining unwanted fat around our bellies.

• It's not our place to comment on idols diet, weight and whether they're healthy or not.

But I also wish idols would stop promoting their diets to their impressionable fans.

• I think we just should stop talking about idols' weight/diets altogether.

Agreed, also it’s extremely harmful to just assume that someone has an eating disorder. Not every body is the same, and not every body needs the same care. We have no clue what’s going on behind the scenes, so we can’t conclude whether an idol is healthy or not.

The only thin I’ll agree with is that idols, and western celebs for that matter, set an unrealistic beauty standard for people. For the same exact reason that I mentioned above. Every body is different, and that’s okay.

• Yeah. Like did you become a fan of KPOP for the music or to speculate about idols' weights/diets? ?( It's not really our place to speculate about these things either.

Yes.

And also talking about diets and weights in general is so f'ing boring IMO.

• Agreed, also it’s extremely harmful to just assume that someone has an eating disorder. Not every body is the same, and not every body needs the same care. We have no clue what’s going on behind the scenes, so we can’t conclude whether an idol is healthy or not.

The only thin I’ll agree with is that idols, and western celebs for that matter, set an unrealistic beauty standard for people. For the same exact reason that I mentioned above. Every body is different, and that’s okay.

They set unrealistic standards by also mentioning their unhealthy diets that will not work for everyone (we don't even know if it works for them because, as you said, we have no clue what's going on behind the scenes). The glorification of unhealthy diets should be stopped, but it seems to be hard when they take pride of that and Knetz applaud the behavior (at times). :(

• I wish idols would be given the time and also have the motivation to adopt Western standards of fitness training. After watching interview after interview, it seems like idols are way too busy to devote time to their personal health. And they're also not inclined to want to workout even if they were given the time to do so.

Instead of wasting so much time on doing super intricate and difficult syncronized choreo, how about letting idols use that training time to just do muscle building exercise. If you develop muscle, you develop stamina and the ability to eat the food we all crave without gaining unwanted fat around our bellies.

I mean overall you might be right but then... Many of my favs are doing pilates, or even working out in gym with weights.

Some are doing nice home workout sessions.

For me the fact that some groups are going through choreo over and over again for many hours for many days and then they promote it in the shows when they have rehearsals and then doing it multiple times on stage to do perfect cut... That's already enough of working out.

If I remember well it was WJSN members who said that nowadays they are happy because they are popular now and they are receiving those food boxes with well prepared nice balanced healthy food.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree that some idols make it really unhealthy. For example, when I heard about Super Junior's Yesung's diet, I was shocked. In the past, Jimin also did very unhealthy diets. Fans need to understand that they have very different goals and different motivations. It is not good to take an example everything.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Sure some idols might be construed as a bit skinny imo, but as long as they’re eating healthy and exercising to keep muscle tone I don’t really care. Again, it’s their body.

• :pepe-hehe::pepe-hehe::pepe-hehe::pepe-hehe:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

Also my faves twitter account literally 100% dedicated to food

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!