Quite disappointed with Nevertheless!

• I was so excited to watch this, but today after episode 6, I must say it don’t really like it. (Will still watch it till the end )

Sorry but Song Kang acting isn’t improving and after a while his pretty face can’t save it anymore too. Han Sohee is carrying the whole thing, but her acting is kept to the minimum, probably because there isn’t much the script could give her.

The side character stories are more interesting than the main storyline.

Tbh I don’t even want the Leads to come together anymore! This whole thing is just toxic and pathetic. This makes this whole thing so frustrating!

• I watched episode 6 right now and it could be so much better with a good actor and a powerful plot. It's sad.

There is actually so much you could do with this plot, but it feels like they are either playing safe, or the script is just badly written. Sometimes I don’t see where they are trying to go with this. And yes, a better actor would give a way better dynamic between the two leads.

• Yeah it was my first impression bout this drama and it sticks. All other cast members seem to be more interesting and interact great.

+ If I would like to watch main couple which spend 20-25 minutes of episode in bed I would rather watch something else lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Neither of them are good actors in this drama. The only thing they had these two do was kiss and that's pretty much the whole story line. I think Han So Hee is awful even when she is with the other actors. The most interesting actress is the girl with the two toned hair.

• that seem to me being a generally normal thing. the fact that second leads and supporting characters are more interesting than the lead roles. that's the case for nearly every drama that i watch

now i haven't watched nevertheless cuz it's not available for me yet, but from what i've seen, the whole thing is acting to it's minimal and much of it is emotionless in a way? like many of the male leads that you seen in dramas a few years back. with those characters a toxic relationship is the common

i wouldn't believe that this type of that drama is currently wanted

• Personally, I'm surprised so many people say they are disappointed with this show. I think this show is well done: a realistic depiction of a not-so-healthy relationship in your 20s/young adulthood due to a lack of communication and unhealthy habits, where you discover what you want, need, and deserve from a relationship, and you learn what you need to do to be able to healthily communicate that to others, and how to give that back to someone else, as well.

I think this drama actually shines thanks to all its small nuances and details. It actually somewhat reminded me of Mad Men in the sense, that, there are no huge over-the-top scenes in it's storytelling, but still, it effectively communicates the message via the small details.
    I enjoy that it is not over-acted like some parts of other k-dramas, especially since it would not fit the theme and message of the story.

With respect to the characters, both are "damaged" characters with respect to how they approach relationships based on their upbringing and past experiences.

Han So Hee's character, Na-bi, has decent emotional intelligence, but she is a horrible communicator. She jumps to assumptions and she constantly does not honestly communicate to Song Kang's character, Jae-on, what she really wants/needs from their relationship, as it evolves...no wonder she has constant anxiety.

On the other hand, Song Kang's character, Jae-on, is a somewhat better verbal communicator; initially, he clearly communicated that he did not want a monogamous relationship (unfortunately due to an unhealthy outlook on relationships, likely based on his upbringing and past experiences) and in episode 6, he even advised Kyu-hyun to honestly communicate what he was thinking to Bit-Na and he also tried to get a hold of Na-bi multiple times to try and hash things out with her in that episode, as well. However, unfortunately, his character is emotionally stunted, emotionally cold/flat, and lacking in the sense that he doesn't realize his playboy ways and fear of being vulnerable due to a fear of getting hurt, is actually causing him more harm; and he didn't realize/it took him a while to realize that he is developing/has developed feelings for Na-bi and that he actually enjoys the connection and stability that this relationship provides (or at least, that is how it seems to me at the moment).

For example, I enjoy how Song Kang portrays Jae-on's emotional "flatness" or "wall" (since that is the character) and then in episode 4, we see how Jae-on is happy around Na-bi and enjoys even small, mundane things like doing dishes and laundry with her; that stability and normalcy is clearly something that is valuable to Jae-on, and although he won't admit it, he is starting to develop more feelings and wants to spend more and more time with her; like when he asks her to go to the art exhibit with him on the weekend and he is disappointed when she declines.

I very much enjoy how Song Kang acted this out, noting small nuances in his facial expression throughout the first few episodes, especially how he communicates with his eyes, in particular. Two examples that come to mind are: First, in episode 4, when he surprises Nabi at school by the garbage disposal (~1:07:45 mark), his character is happy and beaming to see Nabi, but when she aggressively pulls her hands away, you note the quick and subtle change in Jae-on's expression, yet, he does not let on that he can sense something is not right, that it makes him uncomfortable, and that he was hurt by Na-bi's unexpected reaction, since he thought things between them were okay. Second, I enjoyed in episode 5, when they're having the big talk, his character can tell that Na-bi is pulling away. You can see the fear and desperation build on his face of not wanting to lose her (even though Jae-on hasn't realized/acknowledged his feelings yet), and then when Na-bi says something like 'Thanks for giving me a reason to finally end this', you can see how his face immediately switches from bigger eyes and and expression of desperation/fear to more coldness with a cold and blank stare and he replies with something along the lines of 'Fine, you get to decide this'; the wall is brought way back up again as a defense mechanism, and I thought it was acted out well.

So overall, I think the drama is well done, both actors are doing a good job in portraying their characters , and even though I never read the webtoon, I look forward to see how the story progresses now that the storyline has deviated from the webtoon. I hope for ongoing character development. :)

EDIT: Also, the OST for this drama is wonderful. *chef's kiss*

• Hmm maybe I should watch it again. I love the OST but I didn't like the acting so I dropped it after a little. I'll see once I try it again.

• Honestly, if you have to explain to the viewers the "why's" about the acting, it isn't good acting.

• Honestly, if you have to explain to the viewers the "why's" about the acting, it isn't good acting.

For me, it's actually about wanting to have a discussion about the show, and to read people's opinions and their reasoning behind said opinion. So in this case, the message behind the show, the characters and their personalities, and how that is being conveyed on screen.

Side note, I also forgot to mention in my original post that I absolutely LOVE how this show is filmed. So many of the scenes are so artistic with respect to the cinematography!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!