Did you find it hard moving out of your parents house?

• No problem!

Strangely enough, when i was 20 I briefly moved home as well, and when I did my parents were much better to me, they werent asking a million questions just let me do my own thing, wasnt so bad but location was not suited so i got out of there, but even now at 24 I have my own place but If i ever get fired become homeless it won't be the worse thing moving back Lol

Just yeah, i also dont feel a need to be near them.

• No problem!

Strangely enough, when i was 20 I briefly moved home as well, and when I did my parents were much better to me, they werent asking a million questions just let me do my own thing, wasnt so bad but location was not suited so i got out of there, but even now at 24 I have my own place but If i ever get fired become homeless it won't be the worse thing moving back Lol

Just yeah, i also dont feel a need to be near them.

yeah I kind of get that, when I got back the restrictions were less, they just let me be..

Also I get good food to eat so I like that XD

• No, I work few years before I moved out so I could be financially independent. I was 23 once I move out. It feels good once you don't have to tress about money and you can buy all your basic needs without thinking.

• No. I like to live alone. I moved out when I was 20, but I live in the same apartment building as my parents, it wasn't my choice, they bought me that flat. I'd prefer to live further away from them TBH, they are overprotective.

• Not an option for indian children unless they work at far away state.

Now i work near home ( wfh anyways ) , only time i will leave this, when i get married.

• My parents went to work in other countries since I was 17....so I didn't move out of the house, but I was almost always alone since then.

Now I live with my bf and my parents come for holidays 1-2 times per year. When they will come back completely, I will probably move out, as there is no reason to move at the moment. I have the entire house for myself.

• I missed my brother a lot so I’d call him a lot especially the first month I was moved out. But besides that I was excited for a non-sheltered life and to be able to cook for my self and adhere to my dietary needs and preferences instead of others

• Nope but the only issue was leaving my siblings behind due my mother incapacity to look after them (paranoid schizophrenic and later had stage 4 cancer) so I had to keep coming back, it was good when they hit legal age, so they wouldn't go into the care system.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

• Yes :( Only after moving, I realized how convenient living with my parents was. The worst thing is buying food. Not only you have to shop every single day and cook everything by yourself, but how much money it takes. 50% of my income goes for rent and home utilities, 25% for food, and the rest I must split up between savings and buying needed stuff. To manage it somehow, I even bookmarked a few money management resources, such as https://www.moneyunder30.com/. I just can't wait to get a promotion (or get back to my parents, haha).

the way this was so smooth :pepe-clown-gear:

• My parents have been preparing me for moving out all my life...I have about 2 years and I'm not ready at all... ;(

I don't think it'd be too bad because when I go off to college, I won't be too far from my parents but even though they annoy me sometimes, it's always been nice to live with my family.

I need to work on myself and my responsibilities more so I can feel more ready and prepared to move out of my parents' house.

• I moved out when I went to uni (not only moved out from my parents house but moved out to another country XD ) but I was with my younger brother (uni too). I got a diploma in my study area then transferred to uni. It wasn't very hard probably because I was old/mature but my mum cried I visited them on holiday and sometimes they visit me on my siblings holiday one thing worried me at that time is money before I leave my mum said "your oldest brother went to study oversea and didn't ask for extra money os spend your money wisely". After uni I moved back and got a good job and live with my parents

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!