Producers calls out Big hit

• an someone correct me, but they all just sent in demos for the chance to compete for a chance that their song would get chosen, right?... " I wonder who prevailed "

No they didn't send demo

Big hit reach out to them asking them to produce songs for txt and didn't get paid at the end

it's different from producer sending their own demo on their own to an agency and didn't get paid, this is a common practice in the music industry

but when it's the agency who reach out to you themself to produce for their artist , it's different , and producer always get paid in this situation

because they worked for the agency , on their demand

𝔻𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝔹𝕠𝕣𝕒

#girls planet 999 from ♡ #girls planet 999 from ♡ #girls planet 999 from ♡

• Unless the producers make it clear in the beginning that they need to get paid for the demo songs, whether Bighit end up use it or not, and Bighit agree to that term but still didn't pay the producers in the end, then I don't see the problem tbh.

• Unless the produces make it clear in the beginning that they need to get paid for the demo songs, whether Bighit end up use it or not, and Bighit agree to that term, then I don't see the problem tbh.

I don't think the producers knew they were in competition and probably thought they would be paid. This is a normal thing in the music industry but they are usually made aware and in this situation it sounds like the producers didn't know :oops:

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

in this video i watched last week he explains that he used to own a publishing company and that it's common for producers to send demos and not get paid because they weren't picked. I assumed it was common pratice.

yeah but in the situation he's talking

it's the producer who send their demo on their own

many people don't seem to make the difference

there's different practice in music

the most common is Producer making a music, and sending the demo to multiple agency hoping one choose the song, but if they don't get choose they don't get paid, and just continue to send their demo to other artist hoping someone will finally pick up, they'll get paid just once someone buy the right of the song

but there's another practice , where in this case, it's the agency who reach out to a producer giving them instructions about a music , and these producers need to write and produce base on this indications

and in this case the producers need to always get paid

because they are in a work relation with the agency

• If only actors have to go hours and hours to make product. Its totally different from it.

Some actors start preparing to test for a role months in advance, what body type, physical capabilities or limits does a role call for such as Tom Cruise playing a paraplegic in Born on the Fourth of July, Patty Duke playing deaf and blind in the Helen Keller film

• Do you actually have any proof for your claims here?

Like signed contracts, deals etc?

Otherwise you are just talking to be talking.

I get that this is a forum, but still, this is slander without proof.

• No. Its choosing the demo songs that have been made.

and this is telling them to make lots of songs with no sure of getting chosen.

Its same like you spend all you time making this product design/ art but you wont get paid or it wont even be chosen.

• Unless the producers make it clear in the beginning that they need to get paid for the demo songs, whether Bighit end up use it or not, and Bighit agree to that term but still didn't pay the producers in the end, then I don't see the problem tbh.

NO

many people don't seem to make the difference

there's different practice in music

the most common is Producer making a music, and sending the demo to multiple agency hoping one choose the song, but if they don't get choose they don't get paid, and just continue to send their demo to other artist hoping someone will finally pick up, they'll get paid just once someone buy the right of the song

but there's another practice , where in this case, it's the agency who reach out to a producer giving them instructions about a music , and these producers need to write and produce base on this indications

and in this case the producers need to always get paid

because they are in a work relation with the agency

• Ok, so the problem seems to be that HYBE has personally contacted these producers for demos and they thought that their songs are going to be 100% chosen for TXT.

I don't understand this logic, tbh. From the context of the tweets, there seems to be no contract in place (written, registered etc.), so basically there shouldn't be expectations about payment and the fact that the songs are competing with each other should be a given.

If there was a discussion where HYBE indeed said "Hey, write me 10 songs and I promise to use them in TXT's next album", then yes, it is a bit shady, but as long as there is no recording or contract, nothing can be proved about it.

Also, TXT is at the beginning of their career. Why do they think that HYBE rejected their songs completely? Maybe they will keep them for other albums or singles. Sometimes songs aren't chosen because they don't fit the album's mood and theme, not because they are bad.

• I don't think the producers knew they were in competition and probably thought they would be paid. This is a normal thing in the music industry but they are usually made aware and in this situation it sounds like the producers didn't know :oops:

Then it's the producers problem imo. They straight up making assumption without confirming first. Actually, with or without competition seems like the best way is for the producers to make it clear that they NEED to get paid anyway whether the song end up being used or not. Yk, make the term and condition clear.

• but when it's the agency who reach out to you themself to produce for their artist , it's different , and producer always get paid in this situation

because they worked for the agency , on their demand

but do you have proof there was a contract or formal commission made?

they don't get paid unless it's formally written to state such. The tweet would have obviously made a huge emphasis on not getting paid after being commissioned or hired. The producer does have the right to be upset, but they fcked themselves over by not getting officially hired.

• Do you actually have any proof for your claims here?

Like signed contracts, deals etc?

Otherwise you are just talking to be talking.

I get that this is a forum, but still, this is slander without proof.

do you know even how to read

it's the producer themselves who said that big hit made them write for them

and not them who decide to make music for big hit on their own

and the other producer talk about free labor meaning they didn't get paid for their work because they are a little producer

• If there was no contract, they shouldn't have assumed they would be paid in the first place. If there was a contract, they should be suing instead of complaining on twitter.

• I see that another producer is taking HYBE's side:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he the dude that got annoyed the other week about something else that’s also common practice in the music industry? Or was it someone else?

• Sorry but has anyone checked his Wikipedia page. He really has not worked with anyone substantive unless I looked up the wrong dude. He’s sounds more like a DJ trying to break in to this side of the biz

• do you know even how to read

it's the producer themselves who said that big hit made them write for them

and not them who decide to make music for big hit on their own

and the other producer talk about free labor meaning they didn't get paid for their work because they are a little producer

It's mentioned in the tweet that the company reached out to the producer asking them to write music :(

I can ask both of you to write a song for me.

Unless we sign a contract that says you will be paid for it, you won't get paid for it.

Unless I choose it. Then I have to pay for it because of copyright rights.

How is this hard to comprehend?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!