Producers calls out Big hit

• So from what i understand Big hit reach out to many producers to write musics for txt without telling them that they reach to other producers too with who their song will have to compete

and these little producers didn't receive any money in exchange of their works for big hit even if they wasted weeks working on songs for them

don't think that the tweet saying it's txt was great, considering txt had nothing to do in this and it's only bh fault :/

𝔻𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝔹𝕠𝕣𝕒

#girls planet 999 from ♡ #girls planet 999 from ♡ #girls planet 999 from ♡

• I'm not sure about this mess but isn't this the normal practice? Like, producers competing with their tracks and the company choosing in the end?

I'm confused...

• Songs get rejected all the time?

They will select what is best for them. Even Adele rejected legend like phil collins for example

Artists have boot camps for weeks and only few songs make it. It is how music industry works.

There is no sure thing for anyone that their songs gonna get select. It is not bighit specific thing

• This is normal practice in the music world is it not?

no

producers doesn't get paid when they are the one who send their demo on their own , without the agency asking for them, meaning the agency doesn't have anything to do in it

but in this case, it's the agency who reach out to multiple producer to produce songs for TXT, and this producer produce this song on their demand, so they should be pay

it's like if you're a painter , and you paint something that you like and you try to sell it to an art gallery, if the art gallery doesn't want it there's nothing who force them to buy your painting

meanwhile if it's someone who reach out to you and say i want this type of painting do it for me, if you do it and then they came to you and told you "no thanks i'll not use it i find something else"

they are force to pay you for your work, because you did this painting because they ask you to do it , so there's a working contract between this person and you

so even if they don't want to use it they need to pay you

• I see that another producer is taking HYBE's side:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this seems like a normal thing in kpop standards

on the other hand I know that in rap world things like that ain't happening, when you give a word, or ask someone for a beat then it means you are taking it, and if not use it now then you will use it on next album or some mixtape

I would also be mad if I would be great producer and someone would waste my time expecting me to "battle for a spot" with multiple other people, some of them which I might be friends with...

• this is normal though?? i have seen worse.

• I'm not sure about this mess but isn't this the normal practice? Like, producers competing with their tracks and the company choosing in the end?

I'm confused...

yes it's normal practice, but this producer if it's the company who reach out to them to write songs they are still pay even if the song doesn't get choose in this case, big hit reach out to multiple producer to write music and when they did it , this producer didn't get paid for their work

Producers during boot camp get paid !

the producer that BIg hit reach out to produce music didn't get paid for the work big hit ask them to do

producers doesn't get paid when they send their demo on their own without the agency asking them to do it, in this case they are competing with other

but competing with other isn't the problem here

the problem here is that BH reach out to them , make them work weeks to produce songs for TXT and at the end they didn't get paid for the work they did for them

the problem here isn't competing

it's the free labor

• I see that another producer is taking HYBE's side:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This ^

• External Content www.youtube.com

in this video i watched last week he explains that he used to own a publishing company and that it's common for producers to send demos and not get paid because they weren't picked. I assumed it was common pratice.

• Can someone correct me, but they all just sent in demos to compete for a chance so that their song would get chosen, right?... " I wonder who prevailed "

legally, unless HYBE runs off with the winners song here, they haven't done anything wrong. Especially if they didn't formally commission them. This happens a lot with companies, producers send their stuff, hopeful it'll get picked.

• this seems like a normal thing in kpop standards

on the other hand I know that in rap world things like that ain't happening, when you give a word, or ask someone for a beat then it means you are taking it, and if not use it now then you will use it on next album or some mixtape

I would also be mad if I would be great producer and someone would waste my time expecting me to "battle for a spot" with multiple other people, some of them which I might be friends with...

some of you didn't understand the real problem here

the real problem here is that BH didn't warn them that they'll compete with other producer

and they didn't pay them for the work they ask them to do it , that's why the producer is talking about "free labor"

they are more mad that they did all these work for free than competing with others

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!