Producers calls out Big hit

• As someone who works in art, granted not music but graphic design, this is a pretty disgusting practice.

You don't commission work while secretly holding that professional artist in some fucked up secret competition against others in the same boat unbeknownst to them, pick a winner and trash that other artists work wasting days to weeks of their time.

This is such a low move, if true, this really makes my blood boil. Fuck that.

• Oh :) You are so cute by assuming.

Also I don't need to be a law student to know the law ;)

But what you don't understand, or actually do your best to avoid understanding and shading me in the process, is the fact that common law does not apply in contractual law.

I know that is a concept that you can and will escape because of your desire to keep on shading Big Hit because some Army shaded/beefed with you.

I ain't Army and I don't care about Big Hit.

Also....it's : educate yourself on how contracts really work to avoid something like this again

Please English ;)

• No, a contract is required for someone to be entitled to payment. If there was no contract, then the producer is not entitled to payment. Currently there is no proof that a contract was even arranged in the first place.

No a contract can be finalize without having any price

bot parties will agree to the price later

and if one of the parties doesn't want to pay, the other parti can go to trial and the judge will put a price on the work of this person

UCC 2-305 :

The parties if they so intend can conclude a contract for saleeven though the price is not settled. In such a case the price is a reasonable price at the time for delivery if

• (a) nothing is said as to price

even if they don't agree on a price, BH is still force to pay them a reasonable price for the work they ask them to do

𝔄𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔞 𝔦𝔰 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯

#aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍 #aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍 #aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍

• The link you cited mentions :

These rules can differ from state to state but generally, a written contract is necessary:

• For the sale or transfer of an interest in land or real estate
    • When the terms of the contract outlast the lifetime of one of the parties (e.g. copyright)

• Let’s adress the real issue here though.

This is not about your concern that the producers aren’t getting paid or that their work is to no avail.

I’ve seen enough of your threads to know when you’re having performative concerns over this.

As an SM stan, and let’s be real, you’d take it *** ** *** *** for LSM, you’re just mad that SM is infamously known for stealing songs and creative ideas from other artists without giving any form of credit. And now you want other companies to have that same bad image so you can say ‘but you’re faves company did this this and this’ whenever SM finds themselves in yet another plagiarism, stealing content controversy :yesr:

Sorry but what are those ***? Like, do they mean some words??

• well If this guy was smart he would have had a legal team release a statement accusing Big Hit of not meeting the terms of their contract instead of tweeting something like this. Lawsuit incoming I guess

• I wouldn't say that this is what people said about police brutality and twitter united people to stand against it :oops: This isn't a target to just big hit but all companies that misuse their status it's morally unfair :(

well if there is no contract, then why they assumed word of mouth as final call? They should be aware of how industry works. There are no free lunches in real world.

Entertainment industry is harsh

• A contract is literally the only thing that legally binds work to payment, without a contract nobody owes you anything.

• As someone who works in art, granted not music but graphic design, this is a pretty disgusting practice.

You don't commission work while secretly holding that professional artist in some fucked up secret competition against others in the same boat unbeknownst to them, pick a winner and trash that other artists work wasting days to weeks of their time.

This is such a low move, if true, this really makes my blood boil. Fuck that.

It's horrible and time consuming :( imaging all the paid opportunities they've missed I hope companies learn from this producers spend time writing music it's not a 1 day job it takes time :oops:

• The link you cited mentions :

These rules can differ from state to state but generally, a written contract is necessary:

• For the sale or transfer of an interest in land or real estate
    • When the terms of the contract outlast the lifetime of one of the parties (e.g. copyright)

Problem is...

US law does not apply here.

SK law does not apply here.

It's international law that applies :P

• Then it's something to complain about the industry as a whole, not to single out only one company.

Actually this could be adressed to all big companies (from the music industry to the It industry) because they do this a lot of times. Ask startup how mich they invest in order to gain a client‘s favor and you will realize that big companies always use their power of choosing the best company. That’s why I understand OP‘s frustration but it is weird to single out just one company when in fact this topic has been discussed since the creation of companies like Standard Oil company and so on

• There's something seriously fucked up regarding the way pop music is made. No wonder fans of rock, jazz and other musician based genres have a hard time taking most of pop music seriously. No rock/metal bands are gonna pay an unrelated dude to write a song for them; that would be a total shame.

So if pop companies have to rely third parties to create their groups' music, so be it but they should at least do it the right way. If you order an original song from a songwriter, you pay them whether you end up using the material or not. Especially if you have specific requirements and make them go back and forth from one version to another. When someone does some work for you, you pay them. Plain and simple.

• I thought this was normal tbh. Like if you submit your work, it's a given that BigHit is soliciting other works, as well. Previous collaborators have been really straight forward about how BigHit sources songs and combines them in this way and you never know if your song will be picked or what part of it they'll use, if any. The collaborators so far have seemed unbothered by this practice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!