Producers calls out Big hit

• I don't know how the industry works, so I don't know what the standard is. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it works. Big companies hold too much power over individuals.

• I agree but it's still horrible being asked to write music by a big company and then finding out they're not getting paid and the songs they spent time working on won't be used :( They might have had other opportunities they missed out on :oops:

Well yeah. But doesn't mean they can put the blame on others if the 'term and conditions' isn't clear in the first place. Well, we don't actually know the true story and details for this anyway.

• No, a contract is required for someone to be entitled to payment. If there was no contract, then the producer is not entitled to payment. Currently there is no proof that a contract was even arranged in the first place.

• That is an industry standard though? Sounds like someone doesn't being like told no, but that tends to happen when you have a famous parent. Dude is literally tony hawks son.

• But acting is making a product, they spend hours and hours practicing so they can help make a product (movie, TV show, etc)

Actors are acting.

Its the pre and post productions that makes the movie product through editing, compiling and not to mention storyboarding, writers, VFX implementation.

If you have to compare it with something . I will give u a good example.

Its like you going to this tailor or dress designer and asked him to make several dresses and you have also said the same thing to many others designers. But in the end you choose only one designer and rest gets unpaid.

• Unless you get a written contract everything is pointless.

Please when you don't know how law work avoid saying something so untrue '-'

verbal agreement is enough to create a legally binding contract at the moment there's an offer , and acceptation, consideration, and both parties have the capacity to contract

Wow people who don't know anything about law

saying that a contract always need to be written or it doesn't have any value you're clearly not a law student '-'

please avoid this type of comment if you don't know how law work

go read this , and educate yourself on how contract really work to avoid something like this again :pepefacepalm::pepefacepalm:

https://www.lawdepot.com/blog/…as%20an%20oral%20contract).

𝔄𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔞 𝔦𝔰 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯

#aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍 #aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍 #aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍

• I don't know how the industry works, so I don't know what the standard is. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it works. Big companies hold too much power over individuals.

That's exactly how the industry works.

And I do agree it's a problem.

But those producers speaking against it have agreed to do it, knowing that problem.

What they should do, join an union, change the law and do everything by the book.

Complaining on Twitter is useless.

• Let’s adress the real issue here though.

This is not about your concern that the producers aren’t getting paid or that their work is to no avail.

I’ve seen enough of your threads to know when you’re having performative concerns over this.

As an SM stan, and let’s be real, you’d take it *** ** *** *** for LSM, you’re just mad that SM is infamously known for stealing songs and creative ideas from other artists without giving any form of credit. And now you want other companies to have that same bad image so you can say ‘but you’re faves company did this this and this’ whenever SM finds themselves in yet another plagiarism, stealing content controversy :yesr:

• Honestly, I feel for the producer..

but as an artist in a different field, we all know (1) get a contract or written statement (2) request or ask about a paid test/sample (some nice companies might actually pay you for your time during applications/submissions/etc. ) before making ANYTHING and sending it in. Otherwise, you're naive as hell and setting yourself up.

54ef2397f961bc541e720b50d8751ac36b0f0411.gif 77643ed51aa3808543f0805c73dad5e2749589b5.gif 1d38c242b1e4b85c4ddbc5a00baddf5df94cc1d9.gif
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0ce727cd9115bfebc53f194257c190bc2bcf1f71.gif  
    I love what you hate, whatever you say is funny. Thank you, I love it, a party of blasphemy ~ 0ce727cd9115bfebc53f194257c190bc2bcf1f71.gif
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• No, they are not under a contract since there was not an agreement. To reach out to someone that they produce a song as in sending a concept is not a contract. Also it‘s not an offer. That’s why I said there is not enough information provided. An offer is distinguishable from just asking someone for a favor. Big companies like SM and HYBE or even non-music companies like Audi or VW always need an explicit offer with an invoice plus a written agreement to that invoice. It‘s not unnormal to do something before the contract is signed in risk of it not be chosen. This is normal in every industry. We can talk about morals but that’s like this

• Actors are acting.

Its the pre and post productions that makes the movie product through editing, compiling and not to mention storyboarding, writers, VFX implementation.

If you have to compare it with something . I will give u a good example.

Its like you going to this tailor or dress designer and asked him to make several dresses and you have also saud the same thing to many others designers. But in the end you choose only one designer and rest gets unpaid.

A tailor won't make a product unless you agree to pay them in the first place. Also, making movies and TV shows is very similar to making music in that lots of people are involved. In TV and movies, you need actors, writers, camera crew, editors, producers, etc. Music needs, writers, producers, singers, sound engineers, etc. It's all just a crew of people coming together to make a product.

• why are yall out here defending multi million dollar companies like they out here cutting yall a check? :/

Well here discussion has been civil so far

Yesterday people attacked members personally for a company they stan and its ceo for posting tweets! Nothing like that has happened so far in this thread!

Noone is calling op obsessed or anything like that happened to other member yesterday!

• Then it's something to complain about the industry as a whole, not to paint only one company as the evildoer. But people in K-pop take real problems and weaponize them for fanwars. We know the real intention of this thread even if the cause is just.

• Lmao we don't even know the actual conversation between both parties. Tho, from the story I still think it's the producers fault for not making the 'term and condition'/contract clear enough. Such a classic miscommunication.

• even in that case without a contract, the company doesn't own you anything. This is a common practice. If you want me to say that the music industry is corrupted and independent writers and producers deserve more than ok but this isn't hybe or kpop exclusive.

• Let’s adress the real issue here though.

This is not about your concern that the producers aren’t getting paid or that their work is to no avail.

I’ve seen enough of your threads to know when you’re having performative concerns over this.

As an SM stan, and let’s be real, you’d take it *** ** *** *** for LSM, you’re just mad that SM is infamously known for stealing songs and creative ideas from other artists without giving any form of credit. And now you want other companies to have that same bad image so you can say ‘but you’re faves company did this this and this’ whenever SM finds themselves in yet another plagiarism, stealing content controversy :yesr:

why cant people say it with their own orignal account?

• I wouldn't say that this is what people said about police brutality and twitter united people to stand against it :oops: This isn't a target to just big hit but all companies that misuse their status it's morally unfair :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!