I started watching attack on titan season 4 and I feel bad for Reiner

• Six episodes in, Wow if you think about it He was a victim in this, everything make sense now, it's like people who are born into cults or extremist religious people they are taught since they were young that everyone else is bad and evil and they are the right ones.

He doesn't even know who's his enemy anymore, And blame himself for what has happened to Annie and Bertholdt.

I feel like he will redeem himself in this season. I am starting to like him as a character, he is still an asshole tho.

Edited 6 times, last by haj1ma ().

• I think a part of what makes reiner so compelling is that he really seem to regret what he did. You can see he's genuinely torn up about it, to the point where he develops an actual mental disorder to escape his guilt.

Poor reiner :sadr:

Anne and Bertholdt on the other hand know they did wrong but don't seem to give two shits :sweatr:

• Anne and Bertholdt on the other hand know they did wrong but don't seem to give two shits :sweatr:

Might need to take a second look at S2E11 and S3E03. Bert was and is torn by his actions, and as OP said realized that none of them were in the wrong, they were just taught that each side was the enemy, hence he said before his final transformation. "No one is in the wrong, because the world is cruel that way"

Annie is also tormented by her actions, she was the one who was hesitant to kill off Marco, she also had nightmares of it on her OVA episode.

• Might need to take a second look at S2E11 and S3E03. Bert was and is torn by his actions, and as OP said realized that none of them were in the wrong, they were just taught that each side was the enemy, hence he said before his final transformation. "No one is in the wrong, because the world is cruel that way"

Annie is also tormented by her actions, she was the one who was hesitant to kill off Marco, she also had nightmares of it on her OVA episode.

Ik none of them were in the wrong

They were brainwashed 12 year olds :sweatr1:

I was just pointing out how their reactions seem a bit lacking compared to reiners

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!