tell me popular or unpopular kpop opinions you agree with.

• I'm beginning. Do you have some?

1. Big 3 privilege exists. Definitely. They are perceived differently by the media right from the start. They have lots of advantages like lots of promotions from the companies, great mv's, very nice outfits and a lot more. It's certainly also hard for these groups to have that pressure to succeed immediately, otherwise they're a failure but fundamentally that privilege exists.
    2. Solo stanning. It's okay to like only one artist from a group, but then don't pretend to be a fan of that group. If you even talk negatively about the others, I wouldn't even call you a solo stan, but an anti.
    3. YouTube views matter. It's a trend but it helped especially in the early days BTS and Blackpink get into the Hot 100, or just get attention. Every time a Youtube record was broken, it was reported in magazines and news.
    4. Female Groups are weak in rap. There are some exceptions like CL, Soyeon, Jennie, Lisa, Chaeyoung, Gisele or other idols that I can't think of right now, but when I compare female rappers to male rappers, I find that the male rappers do better. Maybe also because rap is still more popular with men and therefore more try it out. The more people like it, the greater the chance that there will be good rappers. And I sometimes have the feeling that female rappers are supposed to be cute.
    5. Success fan. People are not a success fan just because they only like successful groups. These groups are successful for a reason, and that's because they appeal to people like them. Unless you like them only because they are successful and then drop them when they are not anymore. Then of course you are a success fan.
    6. People are waiting for popular's group downfall. I have the feeling that as soon as very successful groups like Blackpink, BTS, Twice release a song, people wait for them to fail. Is the song good but not as good as the last ones? Fail.
    7. Photobooks. Are a waste of money. They are nice to look at, but nothing more. It's like looking at a album cover and the pics but not listening to the song.
    8. Merch. It's only good for concerts, otherwise I'd probably never get anything other than an artist's album or single. Except for Lightsticks. They just look great and fit in every room.

• KookievsCookie

Changed the title of the thread from “tell me kpop opinions you agree with.” to “tell me popular or unpopular kpop opinions you agree with.”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!