HYLT or Next Level: which song is bigger in Korea?

• Dreamer95 talking about others looking stupid is the funniest part of this thread...

• Melon streams have never ever determined how big a song is or Ko Ko Bop would be the biggest song on Melon of all time which is far from true(no shade though, I love EXO). Essentially it's hard to accurately determine which song is bigger atm because Next Level is still a very new song. We'll be able to know by the end of this year, when we're able to compare Gallup placements, YEC rankings, longevity on Gaon and other platforms, etc, etc. You also have to consider the fact that Gaon points and Melon ULs have decreased significantly since HYLT's peak. This question is better off asked next year maybe.

so casually cruel in the name of being honest

ce81f729e7c4731433c77f1861971d46f5274533.gifv

• Dreamer_95 talking about others looking stupid is the funniest part of this thread

Nah, the funniest part is the poll where delusional blinks voted HYLT, even though it is not even close. Yall are setting up your girls, just like always.

• Melon streams have never ever determined how big a song is or Ko Ko Bop would be the biggest song on Melon of all time which is far from true. Essentially it's hard to accurately determine atm because Next Level is still a very new song. We'll be able to know by the end of this year, when we're able to compare Gallup placements, YEC rankings, longevity, etc, etc.

Lmfao, already trying to change a narrative.

Melon is the most perfect way to determine if the song is a hit. Boy group songs are inorganically inflated on every platform, be it Genie, Flo or anything else. KKP and SD don't change anything for non boy group songs. You can still compare those.

• Lmfao I hope one day you realize the irony of you calling me stupid. You asked for numbers, I provided them to you in the post above, now waiting for your "epic comeback".

Like i said, your stupidity will never cease to amaze me. You always seem to come to akp acting like a petulant child and basically stark raving mad, its getting tiring.

Find another M.O.

Am going to leave you to continue barking.

• Yea. At the same time frame which is the 9 week. Next level is still average 6 mil stream compare to 2 mil stream for HYLT which is kinda baffle me. Take a look at this kworb chart. I guess Next level is going back to number 1 in a week or 2 week. Kinda crazy.

Hmm, but next week former digimon who wants to reedem themselves feat SK Beloved president will release their collab song, so the chance for NL to re-peak is small.

I'll still be happy if NL can stable at #2 :-)

• Nah, the funniest part is the poll where delusional blinks voted HYLT, even though it is not even close. Yall are setting up your girls, just like always.

You should be more worried about rookies outselling anything the nation's girl group has released since 2018 than what blinks are doing! Will you also cry about China sales when Aespa starts outselling your faves?

• Melon streams have never ever determined how big a song is or Ko Ko Bop would be the biggest song on Melon of all time which is far from true(no shade though, I love EXO). Essentially it's hard to accurately determine atm because Next Level is still a very new song. We'll be able to know by the end of this year, when we're able to compare Gallup placements, YEC rankings, longevity on Gaon and other platforms, etc, etc. This question is better off asked next year maybe.

This is true for most boy groups but not girl groups. I guess izone to some small degree is the exception from girl groups.

• Nah, the funniest part is the poll where delusional blinks voted HYLT, even though it is not even close. Yall are setting up your girls, just like always.

did twice disbanded after tanking in 2020-21 so u move to other gg?

what other gg will go for when bp pass them too

• Like i said, your stupidity will never cease to amaze me. You always seem to come to akp acting like a petulant child and basically stark raving mad, its getting tiring.

Find another M.O.

Am going to leave you to continue barking.

Seems like someone realized they totally lost the ground in the actual topic of this thread and instead tries cry "dreamer bad" and ran away like a little girl. Yet to get an explanation to why am I stupid, while I literally backed my point with raw numbers. But the kpop noob Skyliv definitely knows better, in the end he is the one who proclaimed BP as having "best physical sales" based on one album. Where is your friend Val? Stupids usually stick together.

• This is true for most boy groups but not girl groups. I guess izone to some small degree is the exception from girl groups.

tbh I guess a point was made considering CHEER UP is the most streamed GG song on Melon, which accurately reflects it's popularity and longevity, girl groups are more GP based & their fandoms aren't hardcore streamers like most boy group fandoms.

My point still stands though, I do think that we should wait a bit before figuring out which one is bigger between the two. I personally think it's a bit early.

so casually cruel in the name of being honest

ce81f729e7c4731433c77f1861971d46f5274533.gifv

• Tanking? lmfao find something better to troll. Twice was, is and will keep dominating your girlies for foreseeable future. #2 didn't surpass no one.

thats all I need to know to be sure u are delusional when one bp members charted and sold more

we are not in 2016, the pandemic happen so u know what date it is

• thats all I need to know to be sure u are delusional when one bp members charted and sold more

we are not in 2016, the pandemic happen so u know what date it is

No one member didn't sell more honey, not if you don't combine 3 separate albums. Keep stacking up sales.

And stop using "one member" as an excuse to cover massive album sales drop. Baekhyun is selling as many albums as EXO, your sales clearly tanked, which shows how your actual sales look without years of fundraising. Yall even forgot to buy poor HYLT single, which sold only 300k T.T And don't use "it is a single album" excuse, single albums never sell 4 times less than mini or full.

• I voted HYLT cause I need to see how NL is doing at end of year but both are big songs I dont get why there's a fight going on but hey its keeping me entertainment..

• Hmm, but next week former digimon who wants to reedem themselves feat SK Beloved president will release their collab song, so the chance for NL to re-peak is small.

I'll still be happy if NL can stable at #2 :-)

We talking about youtube music here where the younger generation demographic favor idol especially aespa. Wait, you mean Akmu and IU collab? This is tricky. I don't think Akmu alone can do it, but IU is also adore by youtube music demographic. But yea, just check youtube music chart. IU recent songs seem to clock around 3.5 to 4 mil first week. I still think Next Level going to be number 1.

• Are we acting that twice didn't have a huge fandom in korea?

I'm not a twice Stan but in terms of their numbers all of twice stats matched 2016-2018 twice was a digital and physical monster and arguably the GP darlings

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!