Are you fan of KPOP or groups?

• Are you fan of KPOP or groups? 47

1. Kpop (23) 49%
    2. Groups (24) 51%

I will ALWAYS say that I am fan of kpop.

During my prime kpop time, I knew everything about all groups that was available to me on the English (from reading to watching, I did everything, from the oldest to just debuted groups, I knew and watched almost everything).

Now, I know the most songs and groups, watch some shows once in the while, but dont really know more things.

Edit: Ofc, you will be fan of some groups more, but overall. I hope you get me....

• Groups. I'm not here because songs are sing in Korean, what I'm interested is what the kpop groups have to offer in terms of entertainment. If tomorrow my faves drop KR as a language, I wouldn't care that much.

• Good thread idea.

I'm more of a group fan for the last year. I rarely check out anything that's not from my faves.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think kpop since I will try everything at least once to determine if I like it or not and I'm still young for a kpoppie so I always try to learn more about kpop if I can.

• Groups. Don’t care about the industry and I often venture out of the kpop bubble for Korean music that’s more my taste like Krnb and K-indie. The groups I love I have a soft spot for and the rest I don’t care for unless they have a couple of songs I like

• Groups. I'm not here because songs are sing in Korean, what I'm interested is what the kpop groups have to offer in terms of entertainment. If tomorrow my faves drop KR as a language, I wouldn't care that much.

I'm a fan of music, period. I support groups and artists. I don't have a liking for kpop specifically.

I hope that you understand that in kpop you have 5,10 groups with the same type of music as your group and even more when it comes to entertainment.

• I hope that you understand that in kpop you have 5,10 groups with the same type of music as your group and even more when it comes to entertainment.

That's your opinion and imo very superficial. If that would be true everyone would be a multi-stan. Just because the type of music is similar doesn't mean I'm gonna get entertained. Quality plays a huge role. I give a second listen to less than 20 % kpop released songs.

• That's your opinion and imo very superficial. If that would be true everyone would be a multi-stan. Just because the type of music is similar doesn't mean I'm gonna get entertained. Quality plays a huge role. I give a second listen to less than 20 % kpop released songs.

Well, tbh everyone would be a multi stan if they were just a little more curious. Jk996 is right, k-pop as a whole is way more homegeneous than rock music for example. Rock is vastly more diverse; yet you won't find a rock fan who listens to only one group. That would be so one-dimensional. If one admits they only like one sound, one set of voices, they're just very narrow-minded. OR! they're not really in it for the music to begin with.

• That's your opinion and imo very superficial. If that would be true everyone would be a multi-stan. Just because the type of music is similar doesn't mean I'm gonna get entertained. Quality plays a huge role. I give a second listen to less than 20 % kpop released songs.

Ofc you wont listen some that sounds terrible, but the point is that you will find the more than half good if you are open and want. Idk do I give second listen even to 20% of kpop new releases.

And you ARE a multi-stan (if those names in sig arent only for decoration). You stan more groups than I and bc of what you said I can tell that you listen a lot of others too (at least 1 listen) and you say that you arent into kpop, but groups....

• Well, tbh everyone would be a multi stan if they were just a little more curious. Jk996 is right, k-pop as a whole is way more homegeneous than rock music for example. Rock is vastly more diverse; yet you won't find a rock fan who listens to only one group. That would be so one-dimensional. If one admits they only like one sound, one set of voices, they're just very narrow-minded. OR! they're not really in it for the music to begin with.

Not really, there are lots of mono stans even here who get exposed to all kpop music and couldn't care less. Lots of mono stans I showed them different songs but more than a bit of casual listening nothing happened. This whole "people are not multi-stan bc they are not curious" is just BS.

• Not really, there are lots of mono stans even here who get exposed to all kpop music and couldn't care less. Lots of mono stans I showed them different songs but more than a bit of casual listening nothing happened. This whole "people are not multi-stan bc they are not curious" is just BS.

It's not BS, you're proving me right. They just don't care. They're not even trying, or barely. They have their one group, they self indulge into it and develop that narrow mindset where everything else is not good enough for the sole reason that it is slightly different.

• Ofc you wont listen some that sounds terrible, but the point is that you will find the more than half good if you are open and want. Idk do I give second listen even to 20% of kpop new releases.

And you ARE a multi-stan (if those names in sig arent only for decoration). You stan more groups than I and bc of what you said I can tell that you listen a lot of others too (at least 1 listen) and you say that you arent into kpop, but groups....

If you find more than half good then you are fan of kpop. Well for me that ratio is at best 1/5. The same ratio for pop. Just too many filler songs. I'm a multi-stan but those groups are a minority comparing to what kpop has to offer.

• I hope that you understand that in kpop you have 5,10 groups with the same type of music as your group and even more when it comes to entertainment.

And this is why some of us lose interest fast. Why would we listen to similar groups when we can just listen to our faves all day?

For me I usually listen to artistes who are very different from each other. And that’s why the US pop scene sucks now because there’s not much diversity among the pop acts :crys:

• It's not BS, you're proving me right. They just don't care. They're not even trying, or barely. They have their one group, they self indulge into it and develop that narrow mindset where everything else is not good enough for the sole reason that it is slightly different.

Having high standards doesn't mean you have a narrow mindset. I'm a multi-stan but I don't like this superiority complex some multi-stans have. They just listen to music, same thing happened with their original group except they managed to capture their attention. The "couldn't care less" is the outcome, it's a reach to assume people already didn't want to get interested in a group even before listening the song.

• And this is why some of us lose interest fast. Why would we listen to similar groups when we can just listen to our faves all day?

For me I usually listen to artistes who are very different from each other. And that’s why the US pop scene sucks now because there’s not much diversity among the pop acts :crys:

I hope that you understand that this isnt very healthy..

• Having high standards doesn't mean you have a narrow mindset. I'm a multi-stan but I don't like this superiority complex some multi-stans have. They just listen to music, same thing happened with their original group except they managed to capture their attention. The "couldn't care less" is the outcome, it's a reach to assume people already didn't want to get interested in a group even before listening the song.

High standards lmao. Oh the audacity. These people would listen to classical music or jazz then. Not kpop.

No its not a reach. Considering the demographic of the kpop audience, don't pretend they are refined gastronomes of music. It's ridiculous.

I'm not a gastronome either btw, so don't give me your "high horse" rhetoric.

• Having high standards doesn't mean you have a narrow mindset. I'm a multi-stan but I don't like this superiority complex some multi-stans have. They just listen to music, same thing happened with their original group except they managed to capture their attention. The "couldn't care less" is the outcome, it's a reach to assume people already didn't want to get interested in a group even before listening the song.

The 1 with superiority complex is you. "Having high standards"..... xDD

As the person above said, there isnt high standard in pop music. Especially kpop...

• The 1 with superiority complex is you. "Having high standards"..... xDD

As the person above said, there isnt high standard in pop music. Especially kpop...

High standards lmao. Oh the audacity. These people would listen to classical music or jazz then. Not kpop.

No its not a reach. Considering the demographic of the kpop audience, don't pretend they are refined gastronomes of music. It's ridiculous.

I'm not a gastronome either btw, so don't give me your "high horse" rhetoric.

Hilarious how both of you are supposedly kpop fans but you feel the need to belittle kpop to push your narrative. :teeheek: Throwing under the bus for own benefit is something common so I'm not surprised. :pepe-shades:

• Groups/music? I am a fan of kpop and listen to whatever songs I like but I'm mostly interested in a handful of groups. I guess I just like consistency but with others it's usually a hit or miss for me.

• Hilarious how both of you are supposedly kpop fans but you feel the need to belittle kpop to push your narrative. :teeheek: Throwing under the bus for own benefit is something common so I'm not surprised. :pepe-shades:

Only delusional person can say that pop music is quality music. I thought that it's a know fact, but it seems that it is too much to expect from some people.

I never said that I listen quality music as you, I listen the music I like. There is a BIG difference.

• Only delusional person can say that pop music is quality music. I thought that it's a know fact, but it seems that it is too much to expect from some people.

I never said that I listen quality music as you, I listen the music I like. There is a BIG difference.

I didn't say kpop is quality, as I said lots of filler songs. That's why I'm not a fan of the genre but more of the groups which deliver songs I like. But I like kpop as well, it's just that groups matter more for me. There are standards tho even if quality is not great. All the comparison threads on akp can testify that :claps:

• I hope that you understand that this isnt very healthy..

This has nothing to do with being unhealthy. Why would I listen to the same music being produced by other acts when my faves are producing the same thing and listening to them will be supporting them when I’m their fan.

The only way for acts to stand out is to have their own sound. Being similar to others is what I’ll find unhealthy since IMO, they lack identity among the masses

• I mean, I’ll listen to almost any song in kpop at least once if I happen to come across it and there’s random songs that I like/love peppered into my playlist(s)... but generally speaking, I don’t really have the time nor energy to venture too much outside the specific groups that I love. My life is too busy for that.

• Definitely K-pop. I listen to all the kpop songs I come across and look at the group if I like the song. I don't keep up with most of them but I know them at least. I keep up with only two or three groups nowadays but in my prime kpop days I kept up with many groups. Good old days.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!