Do you guys actually like celebrating your birthday? Because it got old for me

• i'm ranting again... sorry

this can vary depending on how you celebrate your birthday but 12 was when i started to absolutely hate turning a year older.

when i was a young kid, my birthday would be my favorite time of the year. i would get new toys, a birthday cake, my friends would come over, everything felt fun at my age.

but when i turned 12, it was my transition year. i got gifts but they wouldn't last as long as the toys i've gotten in the past. the whole cake thing had gotten boring and it now felt embarrassing when my family sat there and sang to me. i had friends come over but it didn't feel as fun as it used to.

i had grown out of birthdays but i still wanted them to be special, but they weren't. it only got worse as i got older. the celebration was the same every year and it never felt special.

my birthday is on the 1st next month and i think i'll just completely screw the birthday cake.

• I guess under the age of 18 it's like a big deal but like in adulthood it's like a simple thing maybe go to a restaurant with your friends or family, a shopping splurge, idk.

restaurants are closed and they won't open until we move into the next phase which won't be for a while depending on the amount of covid cases. i'm not the biggest shopping guru but my mum and me can definetely try it out. thanks

• I like to celebrate but with something simple, like having a meal with close friends and/or family. Perhaps even go somewhere cool.

I like my birthday because it's kinda like a "me day". I know millions of people celebrate theirs just like me, but somehow I feel it's special haha

But yeah, even I have to admit things used to be more "magical" when I was younger. But that's life too, as you get older, depending on who you are, some celebrations just kinda lose it's edge.

• Yes, I do. Primary reason being that I love attention (bad trait I know. I used to CRAVE it before but now I behave myself) so much that on my eleventh birthday, I twisted someone's words to make it look like they'd called me stupid so I had a reason to cry. Why I wanted to cry? Someone had celebrated their birthday a bit earlier and they had an actual reason to cry and I saw the way everyone flocked to them and basically gave them attention.

But petty childhood aside, I enjoy birthdays because I use the occasion of me getting a year older to start out again with a clean slate on a lot of things, and get rid of old habits. Also I really love the company of my family and friends <3

• I usually got clubbing with my closest friends and i like it because i get free drinks

And i like the free drink from starbucks but that’s it. I don’t hate it but is not a big deal either

• I like turning older, nice to know I'm not dead yet I suppose but I don't celebrate it.

It's kinda a normal day really for me. Last one I slept through so yeah...

I've celebrated at milstone and random ages, 1, 10, 16...19...and 30...so far as I remember.

Im going sleep through my 32nd so that pretty normal.. Probably Won't celebrate til 40 I suppose.. Sticking to decades, will give my old lady self something to do lol

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

• i started not liking turning older since 14-15, which is also when I started becoming older than all my fav fictional characters (i remember at the time i was obsessed with Pandora Hearts and 07GHOST hahah)

I went through an age crisis because of that (at freaking 15 lol, and it hit me quite hard too)

Then hated it for years

When i reached 20 i started chilling out about it

Mostly because my twin stopped comming home and ruin it

My parents started buying stuff i liked to eat and so that made me happy (before i had to bend to every wish my twin had, and I hated going out to eat)

Rn i dont have much of an opinion about it, although it feels forced again because of my university friends/housemates and I dont really enjoy it that much

I would rather just be told happy birthday and that's it

I just see no point on doing more because most of the time i won't enjoy the special food, the probability of them getting me a present i feel excided about are 0, i don't like going out to eat and i don't drink so....

I just make myself happy by ordering stuff/books and asking the seller to wrap it up even if the package comes late :pepe-excited:

• It's stressful.

Irl I don't even tell people when my birthday is anymore so they can't call me or mention it at work. I dislike attention and when it's my birthday, people suddenly pay way too much attention to me. I panic days in advance, wondering how to prevent people from calling me without inadvertently causing offense...

:crys:

• No. It's a regular day for me. I actually dislike being greeted and I really don't like throwing a party although I do understand when friends and acquaintances do throw out one and try to enjoy it.

• No, I don’t like it when it’s my birthday. It just turns into a day of existential crisis for me lol. I just reflect on how many things I have yet to accomplish at my age and it sends me spiraling :cryingk:

• As a kid:

• Mom made cake, salad, soup
    • Friends came over
    • I played children's party games
    • I know when I invite my friends they feel guilty and invite me to their own birthday so this means double the amount of cakes to eat or even more cakes xD
    • Having fun writting invite-cards for everyone
    • Getting tons of gifts

As an dult:

• Nobody I know got time
    • People who want to celebrate with me postpone it to a date where they have time or think they can spare some time
    • People talk bullshit to me when seeing me for my birthday and annoy me with boring stories
    • I mostly only get money so I know what to expect for my birthday
    • I want people to give me the gifts and leave me alone cause sitting around without knowing what to do sucks but people asume when you turn older you like sitting around and listen to other people to talk, but no I don't like it

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• It's getting old for me too and I didn't even celebrate my birthday last year.

2SY0P7c.gif

Seungcheol Jeonghan Jisoo Junhui Soonyoung Wonwoo Jihoon Myungho Mingyu Seokmin Seungkwan Hansol Chan

• I wouldn't like to have a party or get a ton of birthday wishes but it's nice when the popleclose to you take you somewhere or give you something for your b day.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!