HYBE will be collaborating with Japanese Label LDH and Sandaime J SOUL Brothers' Hiroomi Tosaka for an upcoming girl group

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• lol they are doing competition for NiziU lol

External Content www.youtube.com

it was only a matter of time before more labels starting doing this lol. NiziU's success is probably going to spur more companies trying their hand in the future.

I don't know who they are, but interesting.

Hiroomi's group is under LDH. I dont know if you're familiar with Exile, or E-Girls but they are/were also among the artists under LDH.

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

LDH often gets many kpop comparisons towards their artists and actually have had a number of kpop connections in the past so its interesting to see them collab with HYBE on this.

• ok cool but can we get some news on the Hybe Labels Jpn bg? They said they'd update us in June. It's July and we haven't heard a word. Lots of news about other projects and nothing about the group that's supposed to be debuting soon.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated. *sigh*

But, this is a reversion? The Japanese guy, Tosaka, will function as Park Jinyoung in this project while Hybe Japan will function like Sony Music?

Hiroomi's group is under LDH. I dont know if you're familiar with Exile, or E-Girls but they are/were also among the artists under LDH.

You forgot its more recent nugu groups like

• so hybe has their claws in yet another new group project... that’s the sixth upcoming group associated with them. this is just too much now.

It’s not like it’s one company tho, and they’re trying to build a whole empire so they are spot on with that

• But, this is a reversion? The Japanese guy, Tosaka, will function as Park Jinyoung in this project while Hybe Japan will function like Sony Music?

Not quite. LDH is an entertainment agency similar to HYBE but they do have an extensive trainee program that HYBE can use. Rio from NiziU came from that trainee program for instance but quit to try and become and actress.

Sony is more of a distribution promotional company. For example the top act for LDH is EXILE and their many variants. Those are produced by LDH but distributed by AVEX if I remember correctly.

• well, who wins with this agreement is LDH, because currently the HYBE groups are more popular than the LDH ones

I don't know. BTS certainly is ahead but Sandaime, Exile Tribe are pretty high up there in Japan and I think a little bit ahead of TXT or ENHYPEN. If they want to try and get a GG it's a pretty good place to partner as they can't go with the 48/46G groups. =Love, and Not Equal Me have their own trainee sources that are pretty locked in so not sure were else they could go. I think they are trying to leverage EXPG trainees maybe otherwise just partner with Universal/Sony/Warner etc for distribution instead of a non publishing Entertainment Agency.

• Not quite. LDH is an entertainment agency similar to HYBE but they do have an extensive trainee program that HYBE can use. Rio from NiziU came from that trainee program for instance but quit to try and become and actress.

Sony is more of a distribution promotional company. For example the top act for LDH is EXILE and their many variants. Those are produced by LDH but distributed by AVEX if I remember correctly.

LDH's training program? HYBE has its own even more developed training system. Why may that LDH's one be ever wanted for HYBE?

Sony Music Japan also works in artist management/development field, for examples, the 3 groups in 46 franchise.

Those topic aside, I talked about their roles in this very project. Similarly to JYP's role in NiziU, Hiro/LDH will recruit and groom the group's members while HYBE's role is more on marketing side, similarly to Sony Music's role in NiziU

If they want to try and get a GG it's a pretty good place to partner as they can't go with the 48/46G groups. =Love, and Not Equal Me have their own trainee sources that are pretty locked in so not sure were else they could go. I think they are trying to leverage EXPG trainees maybe otherwise just partner with Universal/Sony/Warner etc for distribution instead of a non publishing Entertainment Agency.

LDH with its track record of flopping girl group is a pretty good place to partner for a girl group? :pepe-hehe:

• LDH's training program? HYBE has its own even more developed training system. Why may that LDH's one be ever wanted for HYBE?

Sony Music Japan also works in artist management/development field, for examples, the 3 groups in 46 franchise.

Those topic aside, I talked about their roles in this very project. Similarly to JYP's role in NiziU, Hiro/LDH will recruit and groom the group's members while HYBE's role is more on marketing side, similarly to Sony Music's role in NiziU

LDH with its track record of flopping girl group is a pretty good place to partner for a girl group? :pepe-hehe:

Really? I wasn't aware the HYBE had a trainee system in Japan. Good for them. How many female trainees do they have?

E-Girls were very popular and their style of dancing is quite similar to the KPOP style. Girls2 is the same as far as dancing goes as they do less of the modern dance style other groups do and more of the hip hop style than some of the other groups. And sorry "flop" is a kpop term more or less and not really used for Japanese groups. There are groups that get less attention that Girl2 and their sub units and still make a good living.

• It’s not like it’s one company tho, and they’re trying to build a whole empire so they are spot on with that

building a whole empire takes a lot of time. you can’t just pump out groups like crazy and expect all of them to do well.

sm is the leading kpop company because they have a track record of churning out some of the biggest and most successful groups ever. from tvxq all the way to aespa. since groups are spaced apart, the company stan agenda is the strongest in sm. say whatever you want, but this is literally how every company markets their newer group. aespa doing the next level dance with so many of their company seniors???? yeah it’s so obvious

but with hybe, they’re not giving time for their existing groups to grow before pushing out a new one. six group debuting between 2021-2023????? that’s absolutely madness. it doesn’t matter if it’s different labels, at the end of the day they all are under the ‘bts umbrella’. hybe tries to profit off on armys all the time, even for their other groups but how many can they expect them to token stan before they give up?

it’s just getting irritating now. they’re obviously trying to ride the kpop wave while it’s still relevant and at its peak but this over saturation from just one company is weird.

we literally have the ngg, trainee a, the umg boy group, i-land girls, pledis bg, japan bg and now these girls debuting within MONTHS of each other. wth

• Really? I wasn't aware the HYBE had a trainee system in Japan. Good for them. How many female trainees do they have?

E-Girls were very popular and their style of dancing is quite similar to the KPOP style. Girls2 is the same as far as dancing goes as they do less of the modern dance style other groups do and more of the hip hop style than some of the other groups. And sorry "flop" is a kpop term more or less and not really used for Japanese groups. There are groups that get less attention that Girl2 and their sub units and still make a good living.

Keep living in your thick bubble. :pepe-hehe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!