how many hit songs do a girl group need to be considered as a top group ?

• From what I see, maybe after 3-4 continuoulsy extremly successful comeback (consistency is the key). Also, if possible they need to excel in more than just digital. I think the only GG who manage to gain a top group status with 'domestic digital performance' alone is Sistar, and we know how many hit songs they had. And maybe WG to some extent, but they literally manage to get 3 back to back National Hits, so the standard seems pretty high if all you have is digital.

• From what I see, maybe after 3-4 continuoulsy extremly successful comeback (consistency is the key). Also, if possible they need to excel in more than just digital. I think the only GG who manage to gain a top group status with 'domestic digital performance' alone is Sistar, and we know how many hit songs they had. And maybe WG to some extent, but they literally manage to get 3 back to back National Hits, so the standard seems pretty high if all you have is digital.

Sistar is one of the rare groups who don't do well in physicals, but literally can't flop every comeback

Every single comeback they did from 'So Cool' to 'Lonely' was No.1

:peperich::peperich:

• Top Group is basically based on Trend....

Itzy sold 331k+ Korean Albums for Guess Who so they are basically the Entry Level for 2021, naturally TWICE sold more and BP will easily beat them combined but they are 2021's measure of a Top GG

• I don't think it's just sales or having a hit song that counts, it's more things that matter like popularity, trending, fanbase etc.

But having a hit song does elevate a group, they get more recognition, more fans, more attention of the general public, more CF deals etc.

Good examples of this is OMG and Brave Girls.

However, some consistency and continuity is needed to keep that status: groups like Crayon Pop and Momoland had 1 (huge) hit song and maybe some additional songs that did just ok, but that wasn't enough. Also in other areas that might have strengthened their gained position were they lacking.

So it's more of a combination of things, digital+physical sales (song charting power + album sales), international recognition, brand power etc, and this across multiple comebacks, that'll show if a group's a top group or not.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• only one Really Really Top Big Hit Song Based on Korean Data and Metrics

• It depends on how big their songs are

AOA needed a bunch like Mini Skirt, Hair Short, Like A Cat, Heart Attack, Good Luck,... before people even really aprechiated them in Korea and it was said they needed over 3 years till their first music show win and after this they sold enough to be dept-free

MOMOLAND reached the same level with only releasing BOOM BOOM and BAAM

.... so you see it really depends on how big the songs get

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I would say three songs, and it would be best if it will be three consecutive lead singles/MV's

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2 I guess. One huge hit and one follow up that does very well to carry the momentum. Soon they'll become trendy and attract lots of attention outside music which in turn will get their name out there which in turn helps get more hits.

• im not really sure

Take AOA as example

During their peak, they had back to back hits like Miniskirt, Like a cat, Heart attack. 3 at least and their physical was above 40k (which was very high at that point of time, even higher than sistar girls day etc)

But i dont think anyone recognised them as one of the top GG

So to me, u need more than just hits. U need to have a strong brand. Like OMG, they are almost there, they have hits, decent physcial not top tier, and some members are popular. Many consider them as one of the top too

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!