I don't understand how some of y'all can stan groups from incompetent companies

• Lack of content, constant hiatuses, terrible marketing decisions by the company, like.... how you all do y'all do it?

Maybe it's the ADHD talking but if I don't get enough content to keep my interest I'll eventually stop following the group. It's not even like I'll make an official decision to unstan, it's just that other things will pique my interest and if there isn't enough to keep me invested I'll gradually just forget.

Not to mention the constant frustration of seeing the company make awful decisions over and over again, I just wouldn't be able to do it.

I respect your patience lol

• we're on the same boat i think. if a group goes on hiatus or disappears for awhile, i just kinda lose interest.

any time i start to like a group and their company makes enough bad choices or puts them on hiatus they might as well cease to exist

i could never stan blackpink just for that reason alone lmao

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Because most of them aren't. They are just the focal point of peoples complaint about their idol being overworked-neglected (at the same time no less), stressed, not enough sales, not enough streams, not enough social interaction, not quick enough for people who do have ADHD. I mean their favs are obviously the perfect people, correction, perfect heavenly beings who can not do any wrong whatsoever so it must be the evil corporations that control the whole world that must be at fault.

• JYP really pushes my buttons sometimes lol. But their management of Twice is surprisingly decent compared to a lot of other companies. That is enough that it doesn't push me to want to leave.

It could be worse, yeah. Don't you motherheckers come at me for comparing but SNSD's management and variety/solo schedule during their prime years was what they deserve. (SM has failed since then but still)

• It could be worse, yeah. Don't you motherheckers come at me for comparing but SNSD's management and variety/solo schedule during their prime years was what they deserve. (SM has failed since then but still)

Yeah. I really hate that Twice is almost 7 years old and we're still not getting individual activities. It's getting a little better, but still. :peperain:

• I don't care about companies I only care about the actual groups and the members themselves...plus I like quiet a few groups so if one doesn't have content there's plenty of others that do...

• To be honest, I don’t really care about all the other content that companies and idols put out there. The most important thing to me is their music and as long as they continue to release music I like, I’ll continue on supporting them. It doesn’t matter how long their breaks are etc. I don’t pay enough attention to company decisions to care about them.

• You don't consider SM and YG incompetent? :whatb:

Like th17e I also just deal. Some of the groups I've stanned have had to file suits against their companies but the situation isn't their fault

I don’t stan any groups from YG so it doesn’t affect me but yes I do consider them incompetent. Aespa are the only group I stan with SM now and they’re doing fine. It’s not the group’s fault though if they go belly up,

• I guess there is a threshold that everyone has when dealing with incompetence. Big 3 incompetent? I think it's fine. TS Ent level of incompetence? I draw my line there.

• are you stanning the artist or the company?

If you are fans of western artists you will know that music are not fast food. It takes years to be released and I'm used to that. For example, Adele took years to release 25 after success of 21 and till now we havent get any new album. Gaga also took 4 years to release another pop record

• What the company does with the artist affects the artist which affects the fans. The company decides to give the artist a year-long hiatus with little to no content when they have like one mini-album; that's going to affect the artist who probably wants to promote and the fans who need content to stay invested.

Well it is both good and bad for the fanbase

Good thing is it lets the wallet have a breath. We can save some money for next comeback. Imagine constant comeback all along the year, wallet will bleed non stop.

Bad thing is we want new music, but we can always listen to other groups while waiting for new music, No deal breaker.

• it is what it is unfortunately. things can start off good but then incompetency occurs and there's not much fans can do about that part.

nothing to do but either unstan because you've had enough or stay because you're willing to put up with it since you care for the group. that's all.

• What the company does with the artist affects the artist which affects the fans. The company decides to give the artist a year-long hiatus with little to no content when they have like one mini-album; that's going to affect the artist who probably wants to promote and the fans who need content to stay invested.

Tbh are you talking about blinks?? Bc your quotes seem totally towards blinks and BP...

• Tbh are you talking about blinks?? Bc your quotes seem totally towards blinks and BP...

Yes and no? They did come to my mind when making this and the question of 'how do blinks have the patience to deal with YG's bull because I could never' comes into my mind quite often. But... I don't really know what brought this thread on. I just wondered how some people deal with stanning groups for negligent companies and decided to make this thread. No intention to shade the girls if that's what you mean.

• Yes and no? They did come to my mind when making this and the question of 'how do blinks have the patience to deal with YG's bull because I could never' comes into my mind quite often. But... I don't really know what brought this thread on. I just wondered how some people deal with stanning groups for negligent companies and decided to make this thread. No intention to shade the girls if that's what you mean.

Ok... Anyways, stanning isn't something logical. Like shouldn't be explained and i think you know it.

• This is exactly why I quit stanning Blackpink. I had hopes at their debut that YG would manage them differently than their previous groups but those hopes quickly dwindled. I love the girls but I’m here for music and I’m not going to wait around for years with barely any music releases. I just couldn’t do it.

I love Red Velvet too but always felt I couldn’t really connect with the members due to lack of regular content. I still follow them though because the frequent music releases made up for that.

• are you stanning the artist or the company?

If you are fans of western artists you will know that music are not fast food. It takes years to be released and I'm used to that. For example, Adele took years to release 25 after success of 21 and till now we havent get any new album. Gaga also took 4 years to release another pop record

It doesn’t work when you compare k-pop releases to western artists. They release albums with a ton of songs. Even up to five times the amount on one album that some groups release in a year or more, depending on how bad their management is. It’s completely different.

• I stan the groups for the music. Content is nice and I enjoy it but it’s not what I’m here for. If the music is great and I love their voices, I’ll put up with bs from the company.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I actually set my bar pretty low... I watch out for the albums, MV's and the behinds for the mv's.. most others are extra. Imma happy camper that way. If I do drop off a group (and I have for a few) they do stay in the back of my mind so when I do see them again its pretty great, and I jump back on again.

( oh ayyy I have adhd as well but i usually have school and work to contend with so if there are gaps I might not notice; I get too busy sometimes)

• It doesn’t work when you compare k-pop releases to western artists. They release albums with a ton of songs. Even up to five times the amount on one album that some groups release in a year or more, depending on how bad their management is. It’s completely different.

That's the problem with kpop fans. As kpop companies keep a constant release schedule (EP, minis and digital singles) to get $$, kpop fans are generally pampered.

In western world, one album can be dragged for so long (due to promoting few singles) and longer hiatus between albums are tolerable. Having 8 songs to last for a year or two is VERY COMMON. The Fame Monster had 8 songs only and the next release BTW was 1.5 years later. Adele's 25 only have 11 songs and people still enjoy it till this day. And they have very limited contents too. Pretty sure BP is going down the route of western pop instead of modern kpop (which need constant new music to stay in the eye of public)

But honestly i can see trends start to shift in the western world too. Artists like Ariana, Taylor and Dua Lipa are releasing new albums constantly and close to each other. They are becoming more like kpop release schedule (which is something i dont like). It doesnt allow albums to live to their full potential.

Afterall, if fan likes a group because of the music, they will be okay with the wait. Music is diverse, you can listen to others while waiting for your fave.

• I think that's not depends on the company. It doesn't matter which company artists from, if fans can barely get any new contents from them then don't blame fans if they unstan.

• we're on the same boat i think. if a group goes on hiatus or disappears for awhile, i just kinda lose interest.

any time i start to like a group and their company makes enough bad choices or puts them on hiatus they might as well cease to exist

i could never stan blackpink just for that reason alone lmao

Well exactly I used to consider myself as a fan of blackpink but not anymore cause how can I be a fan. Through their career moves?

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!