some long as* rant

• i've been thinking about this for a while now, this is gonna be long and quite messy and all over the place so bear with me lol

don't you think that kpop fans in general take everything way too srsly ? like these idols we almost know nothing about have so much power over us they make us spent hours on forums and twitter just to talk about them, hype them, defend them, we even spend hours watching their contents we lose sleep to stream their videos and songs to break records to celebrate like we did something amazing that will benefit us, and brag to other fandoms about the power our faves have, like it's our personal success, they also can make us mean towards other people and bash other idols acts and groups and hate on them

i just wanna know why ? why do we feel like we need to make them successful ? we do feel like their success is ours ? why do we celebrate it like it's ours ? hell why do even brag about our faves being rich ?! it's not even our money !! and we even tend to spend our money on something that we don't need just to help them chart ! i'm not here to tell anyone how they should spend their money, but maybe because i struggled a lot with finances i can appreciate money more, like some people's life gaols here are to make their rich faves even richer ? i mean idols are all so beautiful successful attractive young rich etc and we feel like we don't have much going on our lives and we aren't as successful or rich as them so we tend to project ourselves onto them ? to feel like we actually are part of something bigger? like we have a role in their success ? i know that we as people always try to blend in with groups of people who share the same interests as us, to feel like we belong and it's totally fine, but some people really take it way to far, i literally cringe every time i see someone saying their faves had changed them, like how on earth some celebrities that release music that 90% of times they don't even write can change anyone ! i can understand people being inspired by their hard work and work ethics or being comforted by some of their songs since music can have this power over people but being changed ! i really fail to understand, maybe kpop is a good way to distract us from the harsh world around us i can understand that very well since it used to be like that for me until it started to feel like i was giving it way too much time and effort, i just wanna know how are you benefiting from kpop ? i know that not everything we do should be beneficial and meaningful ,and people have rights to spend their time the way they want but the thing is i feel some people spend too much effort on something that isn't that rewarding so i just wanted to rant lol

anyways, this is not targeting anyone or any fandom at all this is just me speaking my mind and freeing it from all these thoughts, and i would like to hear your opinion on it

• I don't think it's isolated to kpop, unfortunately. While I think kpop has unique ways that entice fans to go crazy (ie music show wins, etc), you can clearly see this happening without the extra enticements in other areas.

I'm not a sports person at all, but there are so many headlines about this country's fans abusing another country's fans (soccer/football??) during recent matches. Likely it's sexist to say this, but I imagine these people are adult males... completely different demographics from kpop fans, but similar results.

• I didn’t read everything you said but I probably agree with most of it. If idols saw how their fans acted on here and other places, they would not want to be associated with most of them. Good thing i am self aware and don’t take kpop that seriously

• Sorry, but why must people write an almost thesis length post about things like this. We know fans take K pop way too seriously, most imo are obsessed and sad fangirls with nothing else in their lives but to fantasise about idols they’ll never meet. They won’t dare let you say anything negative about their biases and attack you for the slightest inference. I’ve had it before loads of times. The best option is to block these idiots then that way you don’t have to hear their shit. Works for me. Sorry to sound strong, but fans are the worst part of following K pop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!