KakaoM shows even more dependence upon one singer singerm now under another label (although partially owned by KakaoM)

• https://t.co/XuVscTbCAn?amp=1E56rTu6VUAEwCnG?format=jpg&name=360x360

It shows that every year, the dependence upon the Edam Singer is becoming more prominent in KakaoM , now called Kakao Entertainment's Music Division.

In 2016, Lee Jieun did not promote because she was busy getting her clock cleaned by Park Bogum.'

In 2017 Sistar had its last hurrah.

Ever since 2017, the share of other KakaoM acts decline consistently, and KakaoM's dependence upon KPop's Senior Singer, who now is part of Edam Entertainment owned 40% by Kakao and 60% by Lee Jieun's proxies.

Kakao Entertainment Music Division has PlayM, Starship, Cre.ker and some other labels under it, but the effective owner of Edam Entertianment creates digital shares a few times more than all of them combined.

In other words, in Kakao Entertainment the voice of the Senior Singer overshadows that of virtually everyone else in the company.

I do not know how much influence Lee Jieun has upon the running of other companies, but the current state of KakaoM is that if she says something about artists in other labels, they have to listen to her.

In the history of music, I have never seen a singer being more equal than a single company. Have you?

There is a rumor that Kakao is trying to purchase SM from Sooman Lee. However, if that happens, that means all SM acts will be now overshadowed by the singer who appears to interfere with the management of KakaoM, although she herself appears to be concentrating more on acting than singing now.

• relax they have now Weeekly and STAYC as well

The Boyz are also there

they might not have digitals but at least they will have sales

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In 2016, Lee Jieun did not promote because she was busy getting her clock cleaned by Park Bogum.'

Hah.. I think you are a big Lee Joon-gi fan, that you place the Bo-gum, a professional actor male lead against a singer female lead, instead of the seasoned male lead. or Kang Ha-neul.

It even had Baekhyun.

That apart, the data is interesting. I entertain the speculation that IU does control EDAM through her proxies and further has strong influence on other Kakao M acts.

Good for her. If Kakao M has 40% of EDAM, wonder what % of KakaoM does IU have?

No wonder industry surveys rank her among the top 5-6 most powerful people - the Big 4 CEOs, BTS and her.

I differ that her acting career would impact that position. All she needs is an occasional OST, make a Flower Bookmark 3 EP or a single - to keep the presence. She need not even be the lyricist/composer/producer for any.

But we won't know until she makes the moves, maybe she is not out to rule Kpop, despite all your warnings? And looking to ramp down activities -she has said so much in her recent interviews.

Would that be disappointing.

• I only mentioned Lee Joongi in passing in one of my older posts. I don't really pay attention to Korean dramas too much.

It seems she wants to direct all of her music projects, which won't be easy when she goes acting

She is just trying to hunker down and wait till BTS' power is weakened.

• I only mentioned Lee Joongi in passing in one of my older posts. I don't really pay attention to Korean dramas too much.

It seems she wants to direct all of her music projects, which won't be easy when she goes acting

She is just trying to hunker down and wait till BTS' power is weakened.

When you repeatedly contrast Park Bo Gum with IU, which makes no sense whatsoever given their background and roles are entirely different with dramas.. I can only take it that you are deflecting for Joongi :) - Anyway that is trivial.

As to what she does or does not... we can definitely rely on you to give a 'conspiratorial' twist to it, as her evil machination to take our Kpop.

It is always fun to read those,

• When you repeatedly contrast Park Bo Gum with IU, which makes no sense whatsoever given their background and roles are entirely different with dramas.. I can only take it that you are deflecting for Joongi :) - Anyway that is trivial.

As to what she does or does not... we can definitely rely on you to give a 'conspiratorial' twist to it, as her evil machination to take our Kpop.

It is always fun to read those,

Actually Park Bogum started his career being in a commercial with IU, who had sung Good Day and You & I before and was the top singer even then.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That aside, they are of the same age and are frequently mentioned together. IU being defeated by Park Bogum was quite a huge news in 2016, which led her to concentrate on signing only in 2017 while Park Bogum became the #1 star of Korea.

However, Park Bogum did not forget where his career had begun and attended one of IU's concerts.

So which is why I mention them together although their paths only directly crossed once.

• Immaterial.

The actor-male lead of a drama should be contrasted with the actor male lead of another drama.

To compare with the singer-female lead is pointless. Whether you do so, or by others.

You could say Kim Yoo Jung cleaned IU's clock. That could make more sense.

• I do see it like the leaders of battle. It does not matter what is the gender of the leaders ; if someone leads a drama the person is like the chief general of the battle.

• I do see it like the leaders of battle. It does not matter what is the gender of the leaders ; if someone leads a drama the person is like the chief general of the battle.

And why is IU the leader of Ryeo and not Joongi or the bunch of other famed-names of the ensemble?

• And why is IU the leader of Ryeo and not Joongi or the bunch of other famed-names of the ensemble?

Joongi is just one of the princes, albeit the most important of them. The whole story goes around IU. Unlike the Chinese original, which is about a well known emperor, in this adaptation this king is barely known to the general public.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!