What's your mood after learning about Nct selling over 3 million albums?

• I'm so proud of them now that their hard work is paying off. I hope they keep growing because their music is so good, it deserves more listening to.

Well to those who can't stand to see another group rising and the Nct haters, it's the hottest tea for me right now :pepe-tea:

I'm just :pepe-popcorn:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• Personally, I think Dream worked hard and deserved it based on the music quality because the album was really good especially Dive Into You, My Youth and Life is still going on...

Also, Dreamzens are not cocky about it so that's a plus, they are rather proud because they are as surprised as we all are.

Now, I want SM to give them an album early next year, around March. Perfect timing imo.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• It hurts to watch them work so hard and explain their concept on variety shows knowing that they receive so much hate. And they don't give up but keep working hard. They are so inspirational.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have the same mood I had before knowing it.

Mine is different, I'm so happy for them.

• I feel super proud of how much they grew in popularity, fandom, achievements, sales and charts comparing to their previous release. I'm so happy to see their hardwork paying off. :pepelove1: They deserve it. However, I would have felt just as proud even if they had sold only 10 copies.

their discography is great but it doesn't hurt to be proud of their growth.

• I'm happy for their growth, can't say the same for others. I guess some are like this: :pepe-cringe: ..... But well, life still going on :pepe-tea:

Ikr!

• I remember I was very very shocked last year when I heard NCT as a whole got 5 million album sales for the whole year. and now Dream alone sells more than half of that with an album and a repack just the first half of the year. NCT growth is insane. However, as much as I love to see them succeed, this sudden growth will increase the salty and threatened haters (what happened with Dream not long ago for example). So my feelings are conflicted.

lt64IYu.gif

• I'm actually dumbfounded and surprised by the explosive rise that NCT Dream but also other NCT groups have shown since past Fall.

I really loved NCT's predebut dance and other performance stuff - it was eye popping and phenomenal - and I loved 7th Sense.

Then my interest waned during their next comebacks, aside from NCT's dance practices and performances. Those are completely up my alley, that kinda high level choreo and dance performance is what I adore, the same for high level vocal performances.

And then they had their chain of comebacks of Boss, Baby Don't Stop, Yestoday, Black on Black etc, and I was completely swept away. I loved the rich variety of it all, they were all so distinctive from eachother, all the groups, sub-units, MV's and performances, but still hugely entertaining everything together.

And I couldn't understand how with such amazing stuff they had to offer and such impressive talent, that so many people were still sleeping on them.

So I'm glad that they've seen such growth lately, but somewhat taken aback by the big jumps they made in it.

2-4 million albums this year for just 1 of the NCT sub groups isn't exactly peanuts at all.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I remember I was very very shocked last year when I heard NCT as a whole got 5 million album sales for the whole year. and now Dream alone sells more than half of that with an album and a repack just the first half of the year. NCT growth is insane. However, as much as I love to see them succeed, this sudden growth will increase the salty and threatened haters (what happened with Dream not long ago for example). So my feelings are conflicted.

Haters will hate, that's almost a law of nature unfortunately :wellr:

The more high profile a group gets and the more successful and popular they become, the more people you'll see rise that find this disagreeable, who'll do everything to shade and trivialize the group and their achievements or even go so far to sabotage them in whatever way they can.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

a handful pressed souls, 2 response threads and still counting :pepe-tea:

True, more growth and success means more hate unfortunately. I only hope that they can handle it all like they've been doing since debut.

I'm not surprised they are doing that amazing because they are SM and they release good albums. I expected it especially after SM agreed to leave them as a fixed group and giving them more attention and a full album.

• "Is it 2021 or 1997"

:pepe-cowboy:

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• Cheers

I’m amused that the least pushed unit is the most successful one. I love that plot twist.

in case you're interested there is actually a reason why Dream were the least pushed unit. Dream were supposed to have a graduation system where the youngest members get put in Dream and then leave once they are adults and get their own fixed unit, so it was basically a stepping stone for NCT members to get a kickstart and get their names out there before the real thing. so logiccally speaking it would be a waste of effort and resources to push Dream and invest in them.

last year SM officially announced that the graduation system was scrapped and that they were turned into a fixed unit and i guess that happened exactly because they showed immense popularity and potential. i think and hope they'll be promoted and pushed as much as they should and as a regular group would. Hot Sauce era was a good sign so far.

• I am so happy for my boys. they deserve the best and Hot Sauce is a solid album and deserves all the success it is getting.

Facts only!

And, hello future is so my style. I'm loving their discography so much.

• Honestly, I never paid attention to Nct during their rookie years, I was a casual listener until last year, that's when I started paying serious attention to them.

It's so sweet to watch them get such love.

• They worked a lot this comeback, so if it wasn't successful I would feel bad for them.

But they succeeded so cheers :pepe-toast::pepe-toast:

:pepe-toast:

• Honestly, I never paid attention to Nct during their rookie years, I was a casual listener until last year, that's when I started paying serious attention to them.

It's so sweet to watch them get such love.

They lured me in and got me interested when they came up with stuff like this before their debut:

External Content www.youtube.com

:omgr:

That's exactly the kinda stuff I love.

SWJ1P.gif

• shocked good for them but the fact people are legit pressed by this is the definition of bitter imagine being so obsessive over a group you dont likes sales :rolleyes:

It's crazy!

• a handful pressed souls, 2 response threads and still counting :pepe-tea:

I mostly meant the radio incident but the akp users are also obvious lol. Imagine getting so pressed with fans celebrating their favs sales and suddenly making these threads out of nowhere.

Three threads already :siptear:

Might become more, since some antis or other-group stans simply lack the self control to refrain themselves from shading and flamewar baiting.

... Or not. The Pavlovian nudging that mods are trying out right now is an interesting behavior adjustment practice that might actually work out as intended :eyebrowsr: We'll see. :wellr:

SWJ1P.gif

• Cheers

I’m amused that the least pushed unit is the most successful one. I love that plot twist.

I'm sure SM is like :pepefacepalm: after giving them the least promotions for about for years.

• You know it's funny because even if I wasn't so into them, I never missed any of their releases. And that's how I became a fan.

• Official Post

a handful pressed souls, 2 response threads and still counting :pepe-tea:

I mostly meant the radio incident but the akp users are also obvious lol. Imagine getting so pressed with fans celebrating their favs sales and suddenly making these threads out of nowhere.

Kept this thread open cause it seemed harmless though it was in response to another

But posts like these are unnecessary and will get this thread closed

Celebrate without calling people out

• You know it's funny because even if I wasn't so into them, I never missed any of their releases. And that's how I became a fan.

:/ That might actually be more of an 'SM group' thing: you never know what to expect when they come back, but chances are high that there'll be some surprising yet very entertaining stuff coming along with it :pepe-toast:

SWJ1P.gif

• This thread contains 38 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!