What do you get out of stanning the best or greatest?

• because success begets success...for certain groups winning a music show can lead to greater promotions such as cfs and better rates at university shows and festivals i think...

• because success begets success...for certain groups winning a music show can lead to greater promotions such as cfs and better rates at university shows and festivals i think...

No, the question is what do the fans get competing about charts and all that. Obviously the groups gain a lot from it. But, what do the fans get, another achievemnet to put on their CV? Competing like theres no tomorrow.

So, OP is basically trying to say is. KPOP is not about the music and dancing anymore. Its basically a sport where every fans are competing to see who is the best.

• I think the answer's already mentioned in the OP? :/

Some people approach K-pop music just like movies: sure, they might be biased towards Marvel movies, but that doesn't prevent them from enjoying and loving movies of all kinda companies.

Other people approach K-pop music like they do with sports: sure, they might enjoy all kinda games of the sports they love, but especially when their national team or the club they favor is winning. Just like sports fans do, they love the competition element in K-pop and the tribal vibe that K-pop fandoms bring with them, like you also see with fanbases of popular sports clubs.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• No, the question is what do the fans get competing about charts and all that. Obviously the groups gain a lot from it. But, what do the fans get, another achievemnet to put on their CV? Competing like theres no tomorrow.

So, OP is basically trying to say is. KPOP is not about the music and dancing anymore. Its basically a sport where every fans are competing to see who is the best.

maybe...it's the validation in stanning a successful group...

think about it if you stanned a nugu group then where do you even find the people to talk about such a group??? it's because there aren't that many of them...

I would say that if a group does not chart or sell or whatever then the likelihood of the group fading away into nugudom is greater which means less promotion and less content...and ultimately disbandment...

no my statements notwithstanding I agree with the part in bold

• Groups who arent privileged enough to come from big company, get exposure (still less than deserved) based on their achievements. Its not an end goal, its a tool for giving your faves exposure and power.

I dont know who stans based on achievements? Maybe the big3 stans? When I started stanning, my faves were not on top, they were bashed for missing achivements constantly.

• Very true. Im very lonely here. But I have friends to talk about it on Twitter. So, Its all good.

• Groups who arent privileged enough to come from big company, get exposure (still less than deserved) based on their achievements. Its not an end goal, its a tool for giving your faves exposure and power.

I dont know who stans based on achievements? Maybe the big3 stans? When I started stanning, my faves were not on top, they were bashed for missing achivements constantly.

at this point i genuinely wouldnt be surprised if i heard you have nightmares about the evil big3 stans every night seeing how obsessed and triggered you are with/by them. i pity you :pepelove1:

• Personally, I think the healthiest way of experiencing K-pop is to enjoy it like you do with movies and books as a genre, and enjoy K-pop as a whole for everything it has to offer, not just restricted or limited to 1 or 2 groups.

And to see the tribal, competitive component in K-pop that's obviously present due to hardcore fanbases, as a side dish/side game: occasionally entertaining, but not required to enjoy all kinda K-pop music and groups :wellr:

The actual hatred however that a number of K-pop fans have, towards groups, companies and idols, that makes no sense to me, at all.

That's far, far beyond even the usual fun competitiveness that you see with sports games.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• at this point i genuinely wouldnt be surprised if i heard you have nightmares about the evil big3 stans every night seeing how obsessed and triggered you are with/by them. i pity you :pepelove1:

Way to get personal and pressed because someone said that groups from big 3 don't depend 100 percent on achievements to simply be able to exist in an over saturated market... people are already exposed to them pre debut and have pre existing fanbase who stan and show interest in them only because they belong to a certain company and have a decently successful future with achievements in front of them.

Groups who made their own tools and got single success and small fandom that attracted others like a chain reaction are not stanned because they have achievements till maybe later in years when they are insanely successful, and even then people stanned them before because they liked them and their music.

Is this triggering you now?

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• Way to get personal and pressed because someone said that groups from big 3 don't depend 100 percent on achievements to simply be able to exist in an over saturated market... people are already exposed to them pre debut and have pre existing fanbase who stan and show interest in them only because they belong to a certain company and have a decently successful future with achievements in front of them.

Groups who made their own tools and got single success and small fandom that attracted others like a chain reaction are not stanned because they have achievements till maybe later in years when they are insanely successful, and even then people stanned them before because they liked them and their music.

Is this triggering you now?

i stopped reading your word vomit after the first line because:

a- i wasn't adressing what she said about groups from small companies needing exposure, i was adressing her quip about big3 stans being apparentlty success stans AND the only success stans (it would have been very easy to realise this if you didn't have a huge victim complex but here we are)

b- Myaza is plenty smart and eloquent, more so than you are if i had to say so myself, and she can definitely fight her own battles if she wanted to so mind your own buisness bye.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!