HERE ARE MY BRUTALLY HONEST OPINIONS ON THE TOP 5 BEST AND WORST KPOP SONGS RELEASED SO FAR THIS YEAR...

• I was bored, so why not....this is just for promoted singles that I've heard btw. I'll do a separate thread for b-sides with no promo. Prepare for my brutally honest opinions. If you get triggered easily, this ain't the thread for you.

:peperun:

BEST

Honorable mentions:

All Your Fault by Yugyeom ft. Gray - This is a grower for sure. Really enjoy the vibes! The melodies are satisfying too... Not familiar with him at all but interested to see what he does next. Think this was his solo debut... Pretty solid!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Butter by BTS - Nice song for the summer! A follow up to Dynamite, with it being their second English song. I'm obsessed with the chorus! The lyrics are really fun too! Dig the 80s vibes.... Beat slaps!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Top 5

5. ASAP by STAYC - I really really like this. Cutesy done right! So freaking addictive, with crazy replay value! I did not like their debut and kinda wrote them off but if they stick with this vibe they might blow up. Let's see what they do next!

4. Poison by Pink Fantasy - This song was unexpected but amazing! I am really into the heavy metal vibes. They pull this concept off perfectly. Their vocals are insane too...prolly the best I've heard in kpop.

3. 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) ft. Seori - This makes me feel nostalgic in a way.... It's a very powerful song that makes you think! I actually like the minimal feature. Seori complimented them nicely! Another great title/song to add to their amazing discography. Rock TXT should definitely be explored more often!

2. Film Out by BTS - This is such a beautiful song...I can't get over it!!! Only gets better with time. The second half of the song is iconic and some of BTS best. It just keeps hitting you with greatness and gets better and better as the song progresses. Another amazing song to add to the best discography.

1. Magic by TXT - BOP BOP BOP BOP BOPPPPPPPPP! I have been obsessed with this song since my very first listen. I love it so much... what a great first English song. Best song from their latest album if you ask me! The replay value is off thecharts...sTXT don't miss!!!!

WORST

Honorable Mentions:

First by Everglow - This is like a Stray Kids reject....it's just not it. Dramatic af and for what??? The rapping is so bad and the beat is a wreck. I like the hook enough but everything else is a big yikes...especially the ending. This group has potential but idk...

On The Ground by Rose - What a snoozefest....how is this a solo debut? This song is just not it. The build up to the chorus is so cringe. The chorus is blah and the song is forgettable overall. It felt like the words "on the ground" repeated itself for 2 minutes. I'd say it was a disappointment but my expectations were already low....

Top 5

5. Mafia In The Morning by Itzy - The choreo was fun but the chorus....just no. And the beat is just an even bigger no. It's like a kid was banging around pots and pans and someone on crack thought it would make a fire beat and recorded it. Idk wtf that was.... What is this song even about??? It sounds like a Blackpink ripoff low key.

4. Hot Sauce by NCT Dream - Good lawwwwwd they had a fire beat and totally wasted it! This easily could have been a bop, but that shouting of Hot Sauce took me out! It's annoying af!!! Sounds like a bunch of snot nosed kids shouting into the mic. I just can't... And WTH was that techno bridge???? This should of stayed in the SM basement...never deserved to see the light of day.

3. Next Level by Aespa - I truly question who actually likes this song. Can't deny that it's a hit but it's honestly just a mess.... I swear I'm listening to 4 songs in one...coulda made an album instead from this one song alone. That beat switch in the middle made no sense. It shoulda been it's own song for real tho...might of been a bop. Black Mamba was decent so idk what went wrong in the SM lab this time. You know a song is gonna be bad when even the original sample is...

2. Vanilla by Lightsum - I was into their pre-debut promo so I was actually pretty interested in their debut. Big mistake!!! This song is bleh! That Vanilla nilla nilla part gives me nightmares. The chorus is one of the most annoying ones I've ever heard. Then they had to make it even worse by adding this terrible techno edm beat in some parts. The bridge and ending was awful. And what was the point of the "rap"??? STOP IT! YOU DON'T NEED TO THROW IN RANDOM CRINGE RAPS.

1. Xtra by AleXa - I honestly don't know what this company thought putting this song out. There were moments where I thought oh this girls voice is pretty...only to be ruined by lyrics that were cringe to the max. Give this girl a ballad or vocal heavy song. Please please stop with this tired "swaggy" act. It is not it!!! I swear this song sounds like a Cheetah Girls reject from 2003. I cringe just thinking about it...wish I could burn it from my memory. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!

Well there you have it...Ready to cancel me? Totally agree? Leave your thoughts below! Also feel free to post your top 5 best and worst of 2021 so far. I'm sure our opinions will vary...

:pepe-devil:

• I look forward to the rest of your opinions!

• How do we know if theres no bias evaluation here.

:pepestare:

Butter is not it. Film out is a great song.

On the Ground, not a fan. Prefer Gone.

Mafia in the morning, I like it. The start of the song is very odd.

Next level. Okay, nothing special. Bcs theres 2 version of the song.

Worst song Ive heard this year. Sadly its Alcohol-free.

Best song? My Sea by IU.

• Obviously I'm gonna like songs from my faves... that's why they are my faves. If it was fake I woulda had butter #1 but I only had it as an honorable mention lol

• Ooop :eyes:

Your top 5 are bops. I never heard the poison song before but it’s actually really good! The yugyeom song in your honourable mentions is okay but I think I’m just not a fan of his voice

I agree with 4/5 songs for your worst list. I’m a MITM stan it’s a bop. But I will ignore this slander since I like you. The other songs though are …😬 most are similar to my worst ill mention why I don’t like them when I write my list.

This year actually has so many bad releases I realised that it was way easier to narrow down my favs than to to narrow down the songs I dislike because yikes there’s a lot

• I only have one song in your best which TXT 0X1= Lovesong.

I actually would put ASAP and Next Level in the grower addicting category.

I find you description of Lightsum Vanilla pretty interesting. I'm glad OMG decided to skip Steven Lee for their latest comeback because the song was giving me so much NS 2.0 so much.

• I’m gonna do my own list too becaue why not lol

My top 5 best songs

Honourable mention

after school - weekly - a bop only decided to listen this week and I love it. will probably rise

Film out - bts - it’s such a beautiful song and the vocals are amazing

Magic- txt. My other fav song on the new album

5) Mafia in the morning - itzy

Everyone hates this bop but it’s so good! I still have it on repeat, it’s addicting ! It’s in your worst cactus 🤣

4) ASAP - StayC

Iconic. StayC are turning out to be one of the best 4th gen ggs. This song is a bop, love the vocals and the chorus is so fun and bouncy

3) 0X1=LOVESONG - TXT

I love the rock vibes to this song and seori’s vocals with the boys were beautiful. One of my fav txt songs to date. It’s so good also Taehyuns vocals were amazing!!!!

2) Butter - BTS

A bop! Such a fun song to dance. This song makes me happy whenever I listen, don’t think I’ll get bored of it anytime soon. Also yoongis rap is iconic

1)Illa Illa - B.I

This song made me cry. It was such a beautiful solo debut after everything that happened. The lyrics were beautiful and very personal to him and I could just feel the emotions. The song has such a beautiful ending of hope I really love this song a lot

My top 5 worst songs

Honourable mentions

first - everglow

Vanilla - lightsum

5) On the ground - Rosé

I agree it Was a disappointing solo debut. Was just very boring for me and the repetition of on the ground was annoying

4) Don’t call me - shinee

I really enjoy shinee but wow was this a disappointment. It’s like sm gave shinee an nct reject song last minute and was like here shinee sing this. It had no shinee flair to it at all. And that chorus was really not it.

3) I’m the one - Ateez

this song was so messy. It just sounded all over the place and I didn’t like the rap verses. Just Nope

2) Hot Sauce - NCT dream

This song gave me an actual headache 🥴 it was not for me. Out of all nct units I actually enjoy dream and they even have my fav member Haechan but this song was bad.

1) Next Level - Aespa

The beat switches did not sound good to me at all. I didn’t enjoy the raps in this song during the switch up also. And I agree the original is bad but this remake was even worse than the OG. Probably my least liked sm girl group song ever

• next Level and Hot sauce is a total Bop to me...

Great variations, great vocals and addictive parts..

Mitm is the worst itzy title, I agree on that, what a disappointment after the great Not shy

First by everglow is fine but after Ladida everything would sound bad lol, Ladida was that good

On the ground is forgettable but not bad

Alexa's release I have yet to listen so no opinion

About the best, from your list I wpuld agree with all your fault, its a good song but I was never a fan of yugyeom's vocal, too pitchy for my taste

Lovesong is great especially the remix version with Ph-1

Butter was good but dyna was catchier

asap is a grower

poison is pretty good, also I am glad goeun is doing great and getting what she deserves

• Official Post

Well you got Lovesong and Yugyeom right... the rest is tragic.

• Oh dang I think i burned that Shinee song from my memory... Oop

I will check out the BI one! I know he's your fave.

• About Yugyeom vocals... First listen I was like i like the song but Idk about his voice...That's why I called it a grower. Second listen I was more into it!

• - wth Mafia in the morning is the best kpop gg song this year. it is a mystery how you manage to put two of my best kpop gg singles in the worst category.

my top gg song so far

Mafia in the morning by Itzy

Hwaa by Gidle

First by Everglow

- Big disappointment of the year goes to aespa's Next level. The whole teasers and episode video are some of the best i have seen in the kpop. The song is a big blop of meh. They shouldn't have sampled that Fast and furious song. The part after naevis calling from around 2:09 to 2:50 is the only part i like in the song and the only part that is not in the original next level. That part screams Yoo young Jin signature sound (which i love). I hope their upcoming album delivers.

- Asap was a step down from So bad.

- Rose's solo was a little disappointing but not enough to be in the worst category.

my list of best kpop singles so far

1. Bambi - Baekhyun

2. Mafia in the morning - Itzy

3. Love song - TXT

4. Can we talk Again - Purple Kiss (prerelease but i think it counts)

5. Feel Like - Woodz

Worst probably those i listened to halfway that i can't remember but Aespa's next level is somewhere

on that list.

• About Yugyeom vocals... First listen I was like i like the song but Idk about his voice...That's why I called it a grower. Second listen I was more into it!

sometimes if a song is too good to ignore we can ignore the vocals a bit.. I did that for a lot of songs before so I can understand..

his voice used to stand out even in got7 songs so much I cant seem to like it at all T_T

• Ah i don't think i know that one but if it's anything like Vanilla...NO THANKS!

You should listen to it just for research purposes.

• I'm not into the ice in a blender sound but to each their own

:peperun:

• You should listen to it just for research purposes.

I think I'll pass on the research this time lol

• I knew the rest of the list was tragic when you list your favs for best and started with Everglow First as worse. I don’t know how can so many people dislike this song. It has everything good going for it. Had it been their fav they would praise it to hell.

My list (there are a lot of songs I liked but since these are what I remember most then they are the best for me)

5- Twice Alcohol Free. The song is okay but the MV brainwashes me everytime to make it into the list

4-Brave Girls Chit-mat-param (there’s 100% chance I misspelled it). The song is so perfect for the summer. Just like rollin I love listening to it in the car. Makes car journeys 100xs better.

3- There are two songs: Everglow First. Everything about it was epic literally. The intensity of the song goes perfect with the choreo and MV. Ties with NCT Dream Life is still going on. The music box sound is magical. I love the song like it’s my child.

Honorable mention:

Hello Future (It’s perfect. The only reason it’s not in the list is because I need to give it more time to judge if it’s still going to be in my daily over played music).

Tri.be’s RUB A DUM

It’s a fun song to bop to.

2- Taemin Advice. Depends if you listen to classic music a lot, you might not see something special with the song but it was a masterpiece.

1- Loona Paint It Down. Someone save me from this song because I can’t stop playing it. That dance music break gives me chills every time.

lt64IYu.gif

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!