i experienced my first second lead syndrome

• i've been watching kdramas for two years but i've never experienced the kind of second lead syndrome people have been talking so much about- until i watched Start-up. was it only me? the lead wasn't even bad, i just loved the second lead of freakin much i felt like crying the whole time watching, being fully aware of the female lead ending up with the male lead and not the second lead

i've never talked to myself so much while watching a kdrama before. smacking the laptop down, screaming into my pillow, SKIPPED KISSING SCENES- dudes, is this really how it feels.? it's terrible.

• no, it wasn't just you, it was basically everyone : D i didn't watch the show for the same reason, i don't want to willingly torture myself

good videos to watch and share your frustration :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yes, i watched them : S, i wanted to binge-watch the show and had to know if ending was happy or sad. you guessed it well, i didn't every give it a try

eta: btw the actor's popularity is korea skyrocketed, it seems that it's deserving :)

• i'mma watch them to please my frustration, thank u. and the drama actually had lots of good scenes and i generally liked it, BUT THE ENDING AHHHH

i also know that the drama gave kim seonho lots of attention in korea and i so understand why. his acting in the drama is one of the best i've seen. all his dramas are now top priority on my watch later list

• I had a 2nd lead syndrome too when I watched Reply 1994 few years ago. Since then, I always make sure who the female lead will end up with (so basically waiting for the drama to be completed) first before watching a drama.. ^^

• I had a 2nd lead syndrome too when I watched Reply 1994 few years ago. Since then, I always make sure who the female lead will end up with (so basically waiting for the drama to be completed) first before watching a drama.. ^^

imma do that from now on. i did it with cinderella and the four knights a year ago cuz i watched four episodes and felt something coming up so i researched it and ditched it at once. why didn't i do it this time too? :cryingk:

• I want to know if anyone who watched Start-Up didn't have SLS at this point :D I liked the male lead more, but maybe that's because I watched Cheese In the Trap and WFKBJ before Start-Up.

i've also watched a bunch of nam joohyuk's dramas and he's actually in my top actors, but i liked kim seonho's character sooooo much more in this drama

but yeah no i do kind of understand you, especially if u watched wfkbj before. one of my favorite dramas :danceb:

• i'mma watch them to please my frustration, thank u. and the drama actually had lots of good scenes and i generally liked it, BUT THE ENDING AHHHH

i also know that the drama gave kim seonho lots of attention in korea and i so understand why. his acting in the drama is one of the best i've seen. all his dramas are now top priority on my watch later list

i assume you'd agree with everything : D to tell you the truth, i was pissed off watching those videos even tho i didn't watch the show :angryr: i know i'd root for him : S

i watched kim seonho in d.o's 100 days my prince but i dropped the show after 8 episodes and up until that point his part wasn't memorable, maybe something changed afterward. i still have to watch both waikikis, he's in s2.

i have the same issue with true beauty, i'm rooting for seojun, he's hands down the best character in the show. and let me be superficial, the prettiest one :shyr: tho i'm not sure if i ship him with JK or just want him to be happy :whatr: anyways, if jk doesn't want him i'd gladly take him : D

• Since then, I always make sure who the female lead will end up with (so basically waiting for the drama to be completed) first before watching a drama.. ^^

me :D i don't want to invest my time in characters and the show only to end up being frustrated, disappointed, and angry, lol.

imma do that from now on. i did it with cinderella and the four knights a year ago cuz i watched four episodes and felt something coming up so i researched it and ditched it at once. why didn't i do it this time too? :cryingk:

always check the ending if a show is completed, if not? then, that one is a problem. i'm watching mr queen now and i'm dreading the ending :cryingr: i need a happy ending but have no idea how that's gonna work nor what is considered a happy ending. if y'all didn't give a try do it! it's about a man whose soul ended up in the body of queen from joseon period. or wait until it's completed, you don't want to go through what i'm going through now lol

also, a spoiler if you haven't watched uncontrollably fond (i ofc didn't). male lead ends up dying so skip that one too.

• basically, everyone experienced second lead syndrome when watching startup.

I still wanted Nam Do San to get the girl coz Ji Pyeon did not confess early enough you can't expect the girl to keep waiting. you snooze you lose

i was shouting at jipyeon in my screen so much for not just confessing like ahhhhhh

• i assume you'd agree with everything : D to tell you the truth, i was pissed off watching those videos even tho i didn't watch the show :angryr: i know i'd root for him : S

i watched kim seonho in d.o's 100 days my prince but i dropped the show after 8 episodes and up until that point his part wasn't memorable, maybe something changed afterward. i still have to watch both waikikis, he's in s2.

i have the same issue with true beauty, i'm rooting for seojun, he's hands down the best character in the show. and let me be superficial, the prettiest one :shyr: tho i'm not sure if i ship him with JK or just want him to be happy :whatr: anyways, if jk doesn't want him i'd gladly take him : D

i have watched waikiki s1 and i kinda dropped watching s2 but now imma watch it cuz of him :nervousk:

and maybe his acting wasn't top or didn't stand out at the time he acted in waikiki or 100 dys my prince, but at least it is now because wow. that a total setback in the acting standards. so i may be disappointed, but it's fineeeeee

and true beauty- i have only watched up to episode 4, cuz of the vip thing and i'm busy so i ain't gonna pay for it now then, but i've read the webtoon since february 2019 and i've been team suho all the time. but hwang inyeop has made me in conflict with myself :cryingk:

• always check the ending if a show is completed, if not? then, that one is a problem. i'm watching mr queen now and i'm dreading the ending :cryingr: i need a happy ending but have no idea how that's gonna work nor what is considered a happy ending. if y'all didn't give a try do it! it's about a man whose soul ended up in the body of queen from joseon period. or wait until it's completed, you don't want to go through what i'm going through now lol

also, a spoiler if you haven't watched uncontrollably fond (i ofc didn't). male lead ends up dying so skip that one too.

i always check romantic scenes to see if there is awkwardness or chemistry, so imma start to check endings too yesyes. i hope for mr queen to have a good ending cuz it seems so interesting and i wanna watch it :danceb:

uncontrollably fond was on my list, now it's not. thank you.

• and maybe his acting wasn't top or didn't stand out at the time he acted in waikiki or 100 dys my prince, but at least it is now because wow. that a total setback in the acting standards. so i may be disappointed, but it's fineeeeee

and true beauty- i have only watched up to episode 4, cuz of the vip thing and i'm busy so i ain't gonna pay for it now then, but i've read the webtoon since february 2019 and i've been team suho all the time. but hwang inyeop has made me in conflict with myself :cryingk:

it's not that he wasn't a good actor, it's the role, it wasn't memorable at all. actors need a good role to showcase their talent otherwise we can never know how talented they are.

i'm not paying for anything : D kissasian and dramacool are a place for you, try them!

hwang in yeop is so good, i'd never guess he's a rookie, and a 30 years old :wow: i read a fair amount of pages of the webtoon to know what should i expect from the show and i'd say i liked her better with suho but in the show seojun>>>>>>suho

i always check romantic scenes to see if there is awkwardness or chemistry, so imma start to check endings too yesyes. i hope for mr queen to have a good ending cuz it seems so interesting and i wanna watch it :danceb:

uncontrollably fond was on my list, now it's not. thank you.

same : D i always check kissing scenes too, actors need to move their lips for me to believe they are genuine characters and not just them portraying them. idk if you watched it's okay to not be okay but if the leads gave us a little peck it would be so out of character, they were sexually frustrated for quite some time, lol

• it's not that he wasn't a good actor, it's the role, it wasn't memorable at all. actors need a good role to showcase their talent otherwise we can never know how talented they are.

i'm not paying for anything : D kissasian and dramacool are a place for you, try them!

hwang in yeop is so good, i'd never guess he's a rookie, and a 30 years old :wow: i read a fair amount of pages of the webtoon to know what should i expect from the show and i'd say i liked her better with suho but in the show seojun>>>>>>suho

ah ok ye i see what you mean

i've looked at them and my pc is quite old so all the advertisements make it really slow at times. i usually wait till i have nothing much to do and then buy premium at viki rakuten one month and just watch everything that's vip. but thank u very much :teeheek:

i'd also never guess he was a rookie! his acting is superior, i love him already and i've basically only watched scenes from the drama. seojun's real life character really be a good role

same : D i always check kissing scenes too, actors need to move their lips for me to believe they are genuine characters and not just them portraying them. idk if you watched it's okay to not be okay but if the leads gave us a little peck it would be so out of character, they were sexually frustrated for quite some time, lol

yes. just yes. if the lips ain't moving, i'm not watching. as simple as that. i've kinda watched it's okay to not be okay, it's in a place between dropped and on-hold for moths, but no i understand what u'r talking about xd

• I didn't start this drama for the same reason, everyone was in love with the second lead and from what I have read, he didn't even get any satisfactory ending so I decided to give the drama a pass. But I understand your pain :waterr:

HE SO DIDNT GET A SATISFACTORY ENDING :cryingr:

I MADE UP ONE IN MY MIND AND IT DIDNT HAPPEN AND I JUST AHHHHHH :waterr:  :waterr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!