Best year / era for your favorite kpop group to date

• Fromis_9 - 2021. My friend has been telling me to check them out for almost 3 years. But I finally decided to check them out this year after I heard their new comeback song. Best decision of my life.

STREAM!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IZONE - 2020. It was the best year for them. The songs that were released that year are just Top Tier. I freaking love all of it. SSOTS, Panorama, Sequence.

• I'll do eras because idk years LOL

Twice - Fancy. This era was EVERYTHING. Visuals. Musicality. It really was the Twice's transition to who they are now!

T-ara - Roly Poly. A SONG AND ERA SO ICONIC A MUSICAL WAS MADE AFTER THIS SONG.

SNSD - Genie. It was so hard to pick but Genie was so iconic with the flight attendant outfits, THE AMAZING SONG, everything <3

Red Velvet - Bad Boy. To this day, nothing beats how amazing Bad Boy was! The styling, the visuals, the music. Top peak Velvet!

Blackpink - DDDD. BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION AND THIS IS THE MONUMENT OF IT ALL <3

~ ω

• I am partial to 2017 for Twice, the year I was introduced to Twice.

They start the year off the high that is TT, released in Fall of 2016–not to mention Cheer Up in mid-2016. In 2017, they released Twicecoaster Lane 2, featuring my favorite Twice title track Knock Knock, Signal, their first Japanese album #TWICE, and their best full-length album (until Eyes Wide Open) Twicetagram, or Merry & Happy, featuring the greats Likey and Heartshaker.

In short...

TT released at the end of 2016

Twicecoaster Lane 2 (Knock Knock)

Signal

#TWICE

Twicetagram / Merry & Happy (Likey, Heartshaker)

Also...

TwiceTV5 (Switzerland) and 6 (Singapore)

We Like Zines!

Knowing Brothers appearance ("Cheese kimbap?!?")

Twiceland–The Opening (First Tour)

Touchdown in Japan (Debut Showcase in Japan)

Weekly Idol appearances (Momo dancing to Gashina, Jihyo's master aegyo)

Amigo TV

Oppa Thinking special song

Idol Arcade

• BLACKPINK: 2016 or 2020. 2016 they had their debut and first comeback within 1 year (2 releases a year??!) to shocking success, dubbing them monster rookie. the memories of BP's rookie era were so hopeful and nostalgic. 2020 was the year in which they released their album and cemented themselves as #1 GG and #2 group in the world.

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• I'll do eras cuz it is difficult to choose which is the best year in BTS career. I mean I can say any of the years and it'll be difficult to argue against it.

Sonically : LY era.

LY Tear is enough to claim this one. But they also had all time faves like Mic Drop, Pied Piper, Love Myself, etc during this era. All the solos are great and probably the strongest amongst all three.

Lyrically / Conceptually : WINGS / MOTS. Difficult to chose one over the other.

WINGS is unique. They gave solo song to each member to tell their stories related to the concept which is a bold move considering they were releasing them under BTS name and not their own. Then there were songs with lyrically strong output like Am I Wrong?, Spring Day, Not Today amongst others.

Concept of MOTS is a very difficult to understand since most of us cannot think from artist's pov. ON, BTS' most cathartic song, is probably the most disrespected song. This is probably BTS strongest era, artistically speaking.

Overall : HYYH era.

I mean this is more emotional choice than objective one since I connect with BTS & the music from this era the most. Still I think this is a very strong and the most complete era of BTS.

But yeah I agree with you. WINGS era is probably the most ICONIC era.

• For BTS, I prefer 2018. It’s the most important year for the Love Yourself : Series. They released two two notch albums and their message touched and is still touching so many people with this trilogy.

For Red Velvet, I prefer 2017. They released three amazing albums which showed how versatile they truly were.

For Mamamoo, I prefer 2018. Their music reached their peak this year after three amazing years in 2015, 2016 and 2018. Their season project is well-executed and sounds really good.

8zf-yB.gif   

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!