Details of CJ ENM's offer to re-launch the project group IZ*ONE revealed

• In light of recent media outlet reports which claimed that CJ ENM has begun talks to re-launch IZ*ONE, industry insiders have looked further into the details surrounding the project girl group's potential return to activities.

According to Star News, CJ ENM first offered the agencies of each IZ*ONE member a re-launch plan in May of this year. The plan included: a solo concert in both South Korea and Japan, as well as 2 digital single comebacks.

Now, it's suspected that rather than seeking to re-launch IZ*ONE completely, CJ ENM's offer consisted more of an extension of the girl group's promotions until each member's respective agencies solidified other plans.

One representative of an agency signed with an IZ*ONE member commented, "It's true that CJ ENM gave an offer in May, but that's exactly what it is, just an offer. Nothing has been worked out still," indicating disagreements between the different agencies of the members.

Star News reported that even with CJ ENM's supposed objective to keep their extended promotion offer from interfering with each agency's respective plans, IZ*ONE's return to promotions as a full 12-member group is highly unlikely. Many of the IZ*ONE members' agencies have very different plans in the works, the media outlet added on.

• lol if the idiot labels dont get behind Izone's reformation, then they might as well not even bother with their "other" plans for the members. Without Wizones, the girls will all end up like post IOI members, all of them struggling to keep their heads above water, with nowhere near the success of their Produce groups. Even Chungha has struggled recently, all the GGs are gone or nowhere to be seen, Mina and Sejeong are acting to try and stay relevant and Somi has been hanging on precariously via variety shows and commercial endorsements.

Do these moron labels think their members are gonna lead new GGs or become soloists that sell 500k per album? Chart in the top 20 of Gaon? Go on international tours?

• lol if the idiot labels dont get behind Izone's reformation, then they might as well not even bother with their "other" plans for the members. Without Wizones, the girls will all end up like post IOI members, all of them struggling to keep their heads above water, with nowhere near the success of their Produce groups. Even Chungha has struggled recently, all the GGs are gone or nowhere to be seen, Mina and Sejeong are acting to try and stay relevant and Somi has been hanging on precariously via variety shows and commercial endorsements.

Do these moron labels think their members are gonna lead new GGs or become soloists that sell 500k per album? Chart in the top 20 of Gaon? Go on international tours?

i wish u were wrong but ur not :peperain:

• so it seems like a stupidest idea...

I mean you have group which sold 500k average per album in last year...

and you want to release digital single? wtf lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you all gonna hate me..

its good for the izone girls definitely..

But I really find it unfair how they still get a chance to still promote after their contract period while X1 had to disband after their debut without even ending their promised contract..

They both had the same rigging issues yet one is enjoying way more benefits and the other just had to disband even after all the stuff they went through to get there..

its sad

but anyways hope izone fans can enjoy them more for a small while

• Official Post

Even Wanna One too, they were MUCH bigger than IZ*ONE at their peak and had a much bigger fanbase yet they never reunited after their contract period. idk I think this is a bit unfair but if WIZ*ONEs are happy then so be it.

• Irrelevant

IZ*ONE fans actually raised huge funds to keep the group on-going.

I also dont see the comparison where a group 2 members rigged vs another group with almost half of the members are rigged. You may say they are rigged regardless, but IZ*ONE started halfway when the scandal unfold, and they already build a stable fanbase.

Also, as Izone already started halfway, the girls image are kinda tainted, so they will suffer much more as compared to X1 which wasnt long in the spotlight. I bet majority of people already way pass X1 issue cause the name X1 hasnt been around for long time. IZ*ONE is just in worse situation. The members will suffer much more for being called members of rigged group. If they could potentially affect their future group, it is smarter to keep them as a group since there is demand from existing fanbase. They might not get full GP support but at least they have support from existing fanbase

• Nope highly disagree..

it does not matter when things were discovered.. izone's final lineup had two riggings but overall there were way more rigging during the show in other rounds, like X1

Nothing very different

if X1 continues as a group there images would have suffered a little too but it is nowhere close to the support they would have received like izone

and its not like x1 fans got a chance to make funds or even have a say cause they decision was already ruled and members had to leave as soon as it became public

It is unfair but if wizones are happu its fine.. does not change the fact its still unfair

• While X1 had to disband after their debut without even ending their promised contract..

what contract? It was revealed already revealed they still haven't sign any contract while iz*one is .

With 2 agency on top of that .

The kr and japanese company .

Even if the kr management want to disband iz*one , if the japanese management don't want to , then the kr can't do anything about it . Coz of the joint ownership .

And I don't get this unfair word gets thrown around . When at the end of the day it's the management decision .

Like they make anything to change that .

And I don't see any ex x1 member get called rigged and shameless as much of iz*one.

It's like the fromis 9 thread I commented a while ago. The agency just don't want to labeled as 'rigged' so fromis went low when x1 just don't want any of it .

Just look at the comment on any kr forum about Izone,x1, and fromis on any Korean forum.

Fromis just CB but u don't see the majority of the comment about them being rigged.

What I want to know is . Who is this unfair too ?? Just coz izone got to promote it's unfair?? While they promoting being called out left and right???

My point is it got pros and cons . Fromis hiatus for 1.5+ years after the scandal , but they promote just fine.

X1 too coz they don't even start yet .

So,what u want is after the scandal x1 just go like izone and being called out left and right , edited out of variety shows, have their face blurred out on the news??

At least izone only have like a year after the scandal,while x1 can go through it for 5 years .

And don't even get me started about 'who cares about haters' . U dont but the company is .

Image is important , izone goes from getting cf deals left and right to just got 2 cf/endorsement deals after the scandal.

Do you really think the company will thinks it's worth it??

the companies don't make money out of Izone, they are keeping the members just to keep it, one Sejeong drama for one company get more money than whatever they get out of Izone.

Is a reason why none companies wanted to keep the idols in this groups, especially middle companies.

• the companies don't make money out of Izone, they are keeping the members just to keep it, one Sejeong drama for one company get more money than whatever they get out of Izone.

Is a reason why none companies wanted to keep the idols in this groups, especially middle companies.

What do you mean by 'none companies wanted it'

When it's was already revealed that at least a unit already have a verbal agreement with CJ . Only 1 kr companies and the jp ccompanies still doesn't give any answer

• What do you mean by 'none companies wanted it'

When it's was already revealed that at least a unit already have a verbal agreement with CJ . Only 1 kr companies and the jp ccompanies still doesn't give any answer

if this is true, "The plan included: a solo concert in both South Korea and Japan, as well as 2 digital single comebacks." they never wanted a full contract with Izone becoming a permanent group, the only companies i see wanting this is the really small ones like Hyewon or Minju. I don't see a middle company wanting to let the girls in a permanent Izone.

There were 1 kor company and the jpn members not wanting to bother with this, either that there is no point for jpn member to comeback for this after they rejoined their group and Sakura most likely already signed to another company which has other plans for her and the kor company most likely want to end this fast and focus on their next thing (which is most likely starship since they also seem to have a problem with mnet).

• Being IZ*ONE member I would Focus on better contract conditions.

They are no longer rookies. They garnered Fame in Korea, Japan and Asia.

More say in song selection and lyrics.

Two vacation periodes each year.

But finally more royalties for group members.

I Hope both sides find a constructive Level for Revival.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 4 times, last by Hermes101 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!