Lee sooman is delulu...

• the only thing I know is that Lee Sooman saying "use Kpop to make China the Hollywood of Asia" is the most ridiculous not to mention sell out thing I've ever heard. Imagine wanting to use an export of your country in order to give influence and power to another country that isn't even your ally? If I didn't know any better, I would assume Lee Sooman is a one china spy who probably thinks the whole Asia should unite under China. One of the reasons Cpop has so much difficulties expanding outside (and even inside of China) is because China is so strict with regulations. They even banned male idols from wearing earrings on TV in fear it might "corrupt the youth". If it was up to China they would probably ban Lee Sooman's favorite child Taemin all together. Recently China even put a ban on Survival shows. Does Lee Sooman even realize that to be greedy for China money means accepting becoming a puppet and tool for China as well? The Hallyu would probably die and sizzle out under China control.

He should just be satisfied with whatever he is able to earn in China and not talk about his delusions out loud.

PZzbipI.gif

Somebody lied to me and told me this girl's name was "Son Maya" but it's actually "Guinn Myah"?? :clown:

Anyway click link and support <3 Guinn Myah

Edited once, last by SMsKKSilence ().

• the only thing I know is that Lee Sooman saying "use Kpop to make China the Hollywood of Asia" is the most ridiculous not to mention sell out thing I've ever heard. Imagine wanting to use an export of your country in order to give influence and power to another country that isn't even your ally? If I didn't know any better, I would assume Lee Sooman is a one china spy who probably thinks the whole Asia should unite under China. One of the reasons Cpop has so much difficulties expanding outside (and even inside of China) is because China is so strict with regulations. They even banned male idols from wearing earrings on TV in fear it might "corrupt the youth". If it was up to China they would probably ban Lee Sooman's favorite child Taemin all together. Recently China even put a ban on Survival shows due. Does Lee Sooman even realize that to be greedy for China money means accepting becoming a puppet and tool for China as well? The Hallyu would probably die and sizzle out under China control.

He should just be satisfied with whatever he is able to earn in China and not talk about hos delusions.

My guess is Sooman is privy to some top level information that predicted in high probability the Korean population crashing sometime in the future and China somehow absorbing Korea. He probably wants to be ahead of the curve

• My guess is Sooman is privy to some top level information that predicted in high probability the Korean population crashing sometime in the future and China somehow absorbing Korea. He probably wants to be ahead of the curve

Ah- LOL girl what

• My guess is Sooman is privy to some top level information that predicted in high probability the Korean population crashing sometime in the future and China somehow absorbing Korea. He probably wants to be ahead of the curve

wait, are u meaning that China as a whole is going to rule over South Korea? I honestly can't see that happening considering South Korea is allied with the U.S and other Western powers. For China to absorb Korea would mean acquisition of more power in Asia and that alone is reason for U.S to meddle. Not to mention South Korea is still technically at War with the North. Even though China and North Korea are allies I can't imagine the Kim regime would take kindly to China just swiping what North Korea likely considers their territory. Something like that could lead to a huge upheaval that might even result in a new world war, and at that point the idol industry is the last thing anyone would be concerned about.

PZzbipI.gif

Somebody lied to me and told me this girl's name was "Son Maya" but it's actually "Guinn Myah"?? :clown:

Anyway click link and support <3 Guinn Myah

• wait, are u meaning that China as a whole is going to rule over South Korea? I honestly can't see that happening considering South Korea is allied with the U.S and other Western powers. For China to absorb Korea would mean acquisition of more power in Asia and that alone is reason for U.S to meddle. Not to mention South Korea is still technically at War with the North. Even though China and North Korea are allies I can't imagine the Kim regime would take kindly to China just swiping what North Korea likely considers their territory. Something like that could lead to a huge upheaval that might even result in a new world war, and at that point the idol industry is the last thing anyone would be concerned about.

It's just a possibility they are thinking about. China is trying to increase it's population, while Korea isn't really doing anything about it. Eventually, in decades, if American power wanes and both Koreas have little manpower then China can almost just walk in and take over.

Things like this happened many times in history.

• there has to be reason why is he obsessed with china

Yes, the reason is the export of Korean pop culture. People today don't understand how important LSM was to the rise of KPOP and Hallyu in general.

Much of the system you see today came from SM and LSM's realization that the Korean market cannot support the entertainment companies' future.

In order to grow, K-Ent needed to export its pop culture outside and because of the population size and cultural proximity, China has to be an early target. Concentrating on the US and Europe in 1990s would have never allowed Hallyu to reach critical mass.

If KDrama/Kpop never took over China, it wouldn't dominate Asia today. Because if China did not switch over to KDrama and KPOP, they might have continued supporting the Taiwanese pop music and Hong Kong movies and dramas that held the Chinese diaspora market across Asia in the 1980s and early 90s. Once Hallyu happened in China, the diaspora market changed too and Korean ent not only gained China but helped removed rivals as well.

Whatever you think of China, it is growing very fast. Chinese KPOP idols go back to China because they can make more money there. Movies make much more in the China box office than in Korea. CFs are much more lucrative in China.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• I guess the US government will start funding American singers so that China can't use SM Entertainment to conquer over the world.

• I guess the US government will start funding American singers so that China can't use SM Entertainment to conquer over the world.

Without the singular exception of BTS, KPOP has nobody that China can really use to "conquer" the world.

These are the top 40 grossing acts in 2019, the last full year before the pandemic. There is exactly one KPOP group in there:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/z…-of-2019/?sh=331ad05d164e

People here overestimate KPOP's power outside Asia. And if you listened to those nationalist KNetz instead of LSM, its power in Asia will be diminished since China is not only the largest market but the fastest growing one as well.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Wth is your source???

there's a bunch of articles online that talk about Chinese investment in the SK entertainment industry. Here's one:

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=306634

- talks about the 2nd and 3rd largest holders of YG being from China

- I read this incorrectly, its Netmarble being the second largest holder in Hybe, which a big chunk of Netmarble is owned by Tencent, so it's more indirect.

- talks about JYP signing a partnership with Tencent as well

There's another article talking about SM, but for some reason allkpop won't let me post the link here but it mentions that Alibaba is the 3rd largest shareholder of SM and that LSM is potentially in talks with Tencent to acquire his shares, which would make Tencent the largest shareholder of SM.

Tencent also owns a big chunk of Spotify, Universal, Kakao. Kakao is huge in Korea, they own Melon, and a bunch of smaller kpop companies such as Play M (apink, weeekly), High Up (StayC), Cre.ker (the boyz), starship and lots of kdrama companies.

At the end of the day, it's all about money and business, doesn't matter where the money comes from.

• BTS at number 15 with $57 million in 2019.

And they've been gathering many fans all around the world ever since.

Imagine the numbers once they tour again. It'd be mind blowing!!

• i meant k industries go to china for film industry

and japan for music

I dunno what you meant by K industries going to 'China for film industry'

You mean they need China's funding? Location to shoot? Actors? China's technical know how? 🤷‍♀️

China's got its own huge film industry but Korea does it better by leaps and bounds.

• BTS at number 15 with $57 million in 2019.

And they've been gathering many fans all around the world ever since.

Imagine the numbers once they tour again. It'd be mind blowing!!

I have a feeling it's way more than the $57 M they reported (I always wonder how they come up with this). In 2019 BigHit's revenue was over half a billion dollars US.. With BTS being the majority source of their income, BTS has to be bringing in a lot more.

• Psy was more important than LSM in spread hallyuwave around the world. Everyone know PSY and gangnam style

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!