FANGIRL: A sex-driven, mindless zombie... waiting to be saved by morally superior beings.

• So, multiple questions came in my mind after seeing the nth discussion about why women don't spend money on women, in kpop. I want to ask what's the relation of more fangirls with more supposed sales for female groups? Are women expected to spend on women, automatically? According to whom? And where are the men in the equation? If they are few... why don't they listen to kpop more then?

What answer are people hoping to find, and how are they going to judge it? It is not a clear feminist issue like glass ceiling, because it is not about equal pay and opportunities in an equal job and work input... it's about different individuals deciding who and what artist they gonna and wanna spend their own money on. Companies can be corrupt, but not the consumer. A fan of music has no obligation to justify why and how they spend their own money. Especially in an industry where the views, artistic freedom, music direction and even personalities of almost all artists are already fully controlled by their companies.

Gg stans calling it 'physical attraction', 'sexual attraction', hormone driven zombies spending money on oppas with no regard to music... sweeties don't be so bitter and misogynistic, no one is stealing your money and spending it on albums and merch of oppas. A rookie bg may have more album sales but a rookie gg has more chances to get a really popular sonģ because in comparison to bgs, female Korean artists and groups have more streams and gp recognition. Why do you think companies don't just debut bgs?

I have seen kpop stans, especially other gg stans, shame female groups with predominantly male fanbase... calling the idols all sorts of sexist names because how dare they attract male fans who spend money on them. Remember creepy 'uncle fans'? Like why...

So female idols are shamed if they have male fans, and female stans are shamed if they stan male idols... wonder why the women are always shamed? Who decided that women should stan other women as a proof of good music taste and perfect moral judgement? :melon_think:

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• But it's true that physical attraction plays a role and I say this as a woman who mainly stans Boy Groups. I don't see the shame in admitting this simple fact.

"Boy Bands" have always been a girls hobby and there's nothing wrong with that, in fact when you deny it vehemently you play right into the hands of the people shaming fangirls because you indirectly admit that there's something wrong with it.

There's a reason girl groups have more fanboys while boy groups have more fangirls. Acting like it's all just a coincidence and that these huge numbers of people coincidently happened to prefer music from the opposite sex is dishonest and convoluted.

• I stopped my music streaming just to read your post because I was genuinely curious.

Nice read.

I'm also curious tho, did you feel offended of my posts in the previous thread?

time.jpg
    Time moves forward memories are made..

• I completly agree with everything you said.

The fact that there are gg stans on this forum whose favourite hobby is to bash boygroups fangirls makes my blood boil.

I don't see people question the fact Korean gp (almost) only care about girlgroups, but somehow the fact Kpop boygroups attract more supportive fans is not something that should be and is criticized.

• Physical attraction plays a role in everyday life and in many industries. Kpop is no different. We can't deny the facts.
    Half of the boy groups I stan, it started because I thought a member was good looking. It's what got me interested. After that, how I view their music may or may not be colored by that. It's hard to say. There's nothing wrong with that, but it does explain the sales of some boy groups to some degree.

Boy group stans that deny this and call others misogynistic aren't viewing the reality of the situation. No one is saying women are wrong for spending their money how they want. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with spending lots of money on the idols you like or the idols you find attractive or anything else, but we can't pretend it doesn't benefit male groups due to kpop mostly being an interest held by women. No one is being shamed.

• Boy group stans that deny this and call others misogynistic aren't viewing the reality of the situation. No one is saying women are wrong for spending their money how they want. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with spending lots of money on the idols you like or the idols you find attractive or anything else, but we can't pretend it doesn't benefit male groups due to kpop mostly being an interest held by women. No one is being shamed.

Try to be a bit less hypocritical at least with the number of times you called BTS fangirls "brainless". "No one is being shamed" you really have the audacity to say that???

• But it's true that physical attraction plays a role and I say this as a woman who mainly stans Boy Groups. I don't see the shame in admitting this simple fact.

"Boy Bands" have always been a girls hobby and there's nothing wrong with that, in fact when you deny it vehemently you play right into the hands of the people shaming fangirls because you indirectly admit that there's something wrong with it.

There's a reason girl groups have more fanboys while boy groups have more fangirls. Acting like it's all just a coincidence and that these huge numbers of people coincidently happened to prefer music from the opposite sex is dishonest and convoluted.

Fully agree. I don't see the need to dance around the truth. I'm glad someone else sees the argument as dishonest. It just seems like an effort by fans of some groups to say "no it's ONLY for the music" when there are various factors.

• Try to be a bit less hypocrite at least with the number of times you called BTS fangirls "brainless". "No one is being shamed" you really have the audacity to say that???

It's hypocritical*

I'm not being hypocritical at all. I never called them brainless. I've seen one other uses do that, which I don't condone, but I don't appreciate you making lies up.

I am a woman who doesn't mostly stan bgs... is me saying that people treating fangirls as solely hormone and lust driven individuals, wasting money with no thought about music is negating that they may find perfect goodlooking men as goodlooking?

• Physical attraction plays a role in everyday life and in many industries. Kpop is no different. We can't deny the facts.
    Half of the boy groups I stan, it started because I thought a member was good looking. It's what got me interested. After that, how I view their music may or may not be colored by that. It's hard to say. There's nothing wrong with that, but it does explain the sales of some boy groups to some degree.

Boy group stans that deny this and call others misogynistic aren't viewing the reality of the situation. No one is saying women are wrong for spending their money how they want. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with spending lots of money on the idols you like or the idols you find attractive or anything else, but we can't pretend it doesn't benefit male groups due to kpop mostly being an interest held by women. No one is being shamed.

I am calling those poople misogynistic who treat fangirls as thoughless beings only spending money on pretty faces. They are literally shaming women, even in this forum. Do you disagree?

• I stopped my music streaming just to read your post because I was genuinely curious.

Nice read.

I'm also curious tho, did you feel offended of my posts in the previous thread?

I don't specifically remember your post, unlike some others. So I don't think it seemed that questionable to me. You can share it here though, if you want to have a discussion.

• they also do the same to other girl groups that they hate. lots of the time, male gg stans, are "feminists" only for the group they like.

Oh very true, its not just boy groups and their fans, even rival girl groups make them angry and insecure. So pathetic.

• Some gg stans have this superiority complex for some reason and they would hate boygroups for absolute no reason..

I think it's the same as some people just hating men for the reason of it.. the way social media has been working, no one can question these women at all..

a lot of it results from some men being creepy making them all frustrated but why it is taken out on men who are not related to it a lot of times even when the heat has died down is above me..

It may be frustration directed towards the wrong category of people... but at the end of the day, a lot of women love to lump on men together just like the way men love to lump many women together..

but in kpop culture we dont see male bg fans make fun of ggs or their fans like we see female gg fans do..

It is very normalised and when one questions it, they get shredded..

no clear answers for it, but at the end of the day it's the women mostly bringing down other women for their choices..

I mean stan a bg or gg what's the difference at the end of the day both make a variety of music and both have attractive people..

The answer lies less in the content to kpop but more in the way how our social media has made it for women to hate on men easily without any consequences..

but once we step out of social media, its again that patriarchial society weighing us down literally everywhere, from work to personal lives..

so maybe the hate is a consequence

I am not sure if I am clearly wording what i feel lol, its just a very complicated topic to talk about

• I am a woman who doesn't mostly stan bgs... is me saying that people treating fangirls as solely hormone and lust driven individuals, wasting money with no thought about music is negating that they may find perfect goodlooking men as goodlooking?

saying physical attraction plays a role /= calling fangirls hormone and lust driven individuals, but you do you ig

♡ 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁𝓈 ♡

a4dd8ca62dd8b2a378a4477d7c95fdf5d187e33b.gifv 9ad1ba361fb40b91dff13dfe1103dd56afce9061.gifv 46f84b265cd3db465c2ae3880127a5b43ce47a79.gifv

• I am calling those poople misogynistic who treat fangirls as thoughless beings only spending money on pretty faces. They are literally shaming women, even in this forum. Do you disagree?

I have yet to see a single person who has said that or anything close to that on this forum (edit: Actually I remember one now banned user saying one such thing). You might be seeing it through the lens you want to see it through, rather than what was actually said. If someone actually said fangirls are thoughtless beings spending money solely on pretty faces, then yes I would agree that's shaming women. However, there is nothing wrong with stating things such as boy groups having more sales because they can more easily attract female fans due to physical attraction, which is a common theme talked about on the forum. No one (that I've seen) is saying that the fans are 100 percent spending their money on idols because of how they look, even if it does play a part in many cases. Regardless, even if a woman(or man, whoever) wanted to spend tons of money on a group solely because they find that group or a member attractive, there is nothing wrong with that either.
    If you have any screenshots or threads you can reference, I'd be happy to see them. It seems many boy group stans see anyone pointing it out as "shaming" since they want to claim it's 100 percent the music. Of course everything has many layers and nothing is 100 percent.

Thank you.

• It's hypocritical*

I'm not being hypocritical at all. I never called them brainless. I've seen one other uses do that, which I don't condone, but I don't appreciate you making lies up.

You may not have use this specific insult, I don't have all your sexist posts in mind, that does not change the fact you are among the users that regularly belittle and bash boygroups fangirls.

• I don't specifically remember your post, unlike some others. So I don't think it seemed that questionable to me. You can share it here though, if you want to have a discussion.

that thread just disappeared and I can't recall exactly what I said word for word

but seeing as how you don't specifically remember what I said or found it questionable at the time, I'm just gonna see it as I didn't offend you.

which is good

so yea I'm just gonna leave

time.jpg
    Time moves forward memories are made..

• I don't know why threads like those have to evolve in a Males vs Females fans everytime, the reasoning behind why males "tend" to prefer girl groups and girls "tend" to prefer boygroups is the same, appearance and attraction plays a big factor in both no doubt.

Females fans are more present in the kpop scene just like for example male fans represent the majority of trap music fans, it's the way the things are, no one should be shamed for anything, and people should not keep this narrative that fangirls are "mindless zombies" because that is plain wrong and awful.

As i said in the other tread i think the differences between how boy and girl groups are treated is due to the marketing strategies these companies adopt that are used to cater fans and build "loyalty", they just get managed differently with different goals.. i don't think experts in this sector are crazy why they would debut girls groups at all if they are so bad in sales compared to a boy group, they are just built to do well in other fields instead of others (and also to not have an oversatured market of only boy groups i'd say)

Some say females spend more than males in idols but it's also true that the market is mostly composed by females in the first place so it's inevitable that you'll find more example of females (instead of males) that fit this narrative.. it's all relative to numbers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!