I hate being short (rant)

• if you don't like rants then you may simply click off.

i'm 5"1 (154 cm) and most people i'm around are taller than me. it feels like whenever i stand near a tall person or simply someone taller, especially guys, i feel so inferior, like they have so much power over me. i mean, i have friends who are taller than me who i'm comfortable with. but when i meet someone new, i feel smaller than i really am. in some cases, i would have to look up to even see someones face. it feels so strange and as if i'm a weaker person just because other people tower over me.

i just wanna grow lmao

but i'm almost a legal adult where i live, so i probably stopped by now.

• Go to Best Answer
  • . i don't understand how you can hate being small when it's the societal beauty standard.

tumblr_m5to6kcbjy1qkc2s6o1_500.gif

also count how many times she says "im small"

• I'm 6'1/186. For a Korean this is pretty tall (specially around my generation) and everyone and their mom always have to comment about it when I first meet them. When I look down, I have to be extra careful as well with female friends.

I do remember being short when I was a kid. I was shorter than average in middle school and sometimes people made fun out of me. I didn't mind much because there was some closeness to being made fun of (as long it doesn't go too far to mockery). Now I'm taller than my peers, I feel like I'm less approachable or maybe a little intimidating.

So I don't like to be this tall either. I wish I was just 5 cm shorter. I imagine shorter people would wish to be 5 cm taller as well. That's how life is.

• Best Answer

Tell me about it. I’m 5 foot and have hated all my life. It’s my biggest insecurity and it’s always so noticeable. Being cursed with a shy disposition isn’t a good combination. It’s hard to reach up high shelves in the supermarket, never find the right fitting clothes, always having to show ID (though isn’t a problem at 52), people having to bend down to hug you. I could go on forever. My sister is tall and I’ve always been jealous of that. Also, forgot to mention the bookends in school photos. It sucks and I hate it but unfortunately come from the short side of the family. Another downside is looking younger, also not really a problem now. Oh to be taller.

• Have people ever teased you for it? And do you think that made you dislike your height more?

not often but a few times in the past. i remember getting teased about it by a nurse when they measured my height during a checkup. she said i probably wear high heels all the time even in casual situations to try and cover it up. she also called me a shorty.

this wasn't even the worst i've gotten, i had a boy call me a midget back in year 6. but i usually don't take these to heart though. it's the unconfortable feeling i get when i meet someone taller than me.

• then how can you feel insecure about something that is widely accepted as the norm? you just sound like those girls that just want to talk about how short they are

its gross

paris-hilton.gif

i wouldn't say it's "the norm" at least where i live. usually women are 5'3/5'4/5'5. i was mentioning how i feel inferior to people who are taller than me because it's like they have power over me. i'm not saying how my height affects how beautiful i am. that's all

• hey I'm a guy and barely 5"4, 5"5 maybe

so I'm short

I understand how you feel and but think about the positives in your life instead of the negatives

You can't change your height, you can't change other people's height so instead of focusing on our negatives, focus on your attributes that are good

• I'm 6'1/186. For a Korean this is pretty tall (specially around my generation) and everyone and their mom always have to comment about it when I first meet them. When I look down, I have to be extra careful as well with female friends.

I do remember being short when I was a kid. I was shorter than average in middle school and sometimes people made fun out of me. I didn't mind much because there was some closeness to being made fun of (as long it doesn't go too far to mockery). Now I'm taller than my peers, I feel like I'm less approachable or maybe a little intimidating.

So I don't like to be this tall either. I wish I was just 5 cm shorter. I imagine shorter people would wish to be 5 cm taller as well. That's how life is.

i wouldn't feel like a giant beside you. It is hard for me to find a partner that is around my size. I struggle with small girlfriends cause i have to bend down a lot and i can't walk close beside them cause they have to tilt their head up all the time.

• I'm 5'11 and when I'm around other guys who are taller than me they act as if they can push me around but hold firm puff your chest out and show them that your solid and you don't take shit from anyone. Don't be afraid of meeting people for the first time make direct eye contact hold your head high (no pun intended) and firmly FIRMLY shake their hand don't squeeze too hard that'll just show them you're desperate and trying to prove something so give a firm shake with a couple of shakes OH GOD THIS IS WHY I HATE HANDSHAKES! just bro fist it

• then how can you feel insecure about something that is widely accepted as the norm? you just sound like those girls that just want to talk about how short they are

its gross

paris-hilton.gif

I always thought being tall was considered as the standard tho. My sister is 5'8 and everyone who meets her tells her she is perfect enough to be a model.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!