My only complaint about Aespa

• the only complaint i can have about Aespa currently

is that SM doesn't take advantage of what make them stand out, and it's the AE

i know a lot of people are against them, but i think if SM could use them more it would be great, it's nice to see them in their SM performance

but i think it would be great if for example SM could hire 3 designer to make some type of little content about aespa and the AE

like making a weekly little cartoon of 5mins with the AE as character to represent Aespa slice of life and try to give a little background story to the AE for people to connect a little more to them, just like people connect to anime characters etc...

this type of content would help to promote Aespa if it's publish on their youtube channel, and they could help them to target a new public , the kids we all saw how the kids are consummer of Youtube, with the number of view of baby shark and kids channel

and it would help people to have less reluctance against the AE

i love Aespa concept and it's so original and there's so much thing to do with the AE

but if SM use them only 0.00001 sec in their MV and dance performance it would have been better to not use the AE concept at all

there's so much things they can do about it, little cartoon on youtube, toys representing the AE, a comic book,

even make them release a full dance performance of Next level for example etc....

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I can agree with that ...

one thing that made them stand out for me was their AE concept and we haven't seen much of that but I guess SM is just trying to get Aespa out there first before going harder with the AE side...

• I agree but I don't think they are only using them in MVs but they are literally doing what you are hoping for. They trademarked the genre that blends webtoons animes and video games with music for a reason. They also collaborated with Kakao of all companies for the aim to distribute webtoons and such (it's what was said in the article). Also, they have a whole team and artists for the 2d ae characters and another team for the 3d ae characters. Which means they are planning to have both. They are definitely planning for more in the future. Lsm talked about Aespa members having regular promotions like normal groups but ALSO having AE members promotions and unconventional ae and real members promotions.

lt64IYu.gif

• That's a really nice idea. i know SM has already planned for webtoons; animation; possibly a series or movies. But for now; it will be cool to get once a week content of Ae members that will make us more interested for future animation series. Anyway SM seems to be taking it slow right now with establishing the Aespa universe first and Aespa as a group of course.

• Accdg to the producer of next level, Aespa’s concept encompasses MERCHANDISE too, so we’re probably gonna get so much merch from them, i feel. I’m just gonna be happy if it’s just a Webtoon.

Imagine Albums having webtoon and we get to follow their story every comeback.

One of my imaginations.

:pepecute:

please let it happen..I want physical albums to have actual use

lt64IYu.gif

• The concept looks extremely bizarre as it is unrealistic at all. I think it's used because it's story-based, even if I don't empathize. I even saw Ningning get uncomfortable when such AEs pop up in random scenes. :sweatr1: Also, in the rap part of Giselle, they showed completely her AE like it's like they sabotage Giselle.

Maybe they should shoot a separate MV as an AE version. That's what I would do if it were me. They would not affect each other. SM, if you're reading this, an idea for you, shoot AE's separately. :thumbup:

• I wish that they would make their AEs look closer to the actual members. Or at least give them makeovers. They wear the same thing in both MVs, which makes it look cheap. They could've at least changed their clothes or their hair lol

And yeah... I think it's a cool concept but I wish SM had flushed it out a bit more. For instance, this video should have come out before Black Mamba MV did.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If they're going to create a story around them, make it chronological. It would be cool too if all of their MVs continued to be connected somehow.

• Accdg to the producer of next level, Aespa’s concept encompasses MERCHANDISE too, so we’re probably gonna get so much merch from them, i feel. I’m just gonna be happy if it’s just a Webtoon.

Imagine Albums having webtoon and we get to follow their story every comeback.

Ah yes, an album with a webtoon will be a revolutionary thing in kpop. It would be like when SNSD introduced the photocards in an album (Oh! Album). It would engage fans not just in the musical aspect but definitely with their storyline :pepe-hype:

• Now we know why LSM was working with LOONA - he wanted to steal ideas to build an aespa-verse. :-)

SM needs to push aespa's vocal abilities, and not bog them down in extracurricular nonsense. Other groups of their generation can't compete with their singing talents - SM needs to use that to their advantage.

• Now we know why LSM was working with LOONA - he wanted to steal ideas to build an aespa-verse. :-)

SM needs to push aespa's vocal abilities, and not bog them down in extracurricular nonsense. Other groups of their generation can't compete with their singing talents - SM needs to use that to their advantage.

Not trying to downplay Loona as he might have learned somethings from them but ideas of Lores and unique concept has been in SM long before Loona.

lt64IYu.gif

Aespa getting trademarked since 1999.

Insider reports saying SM has been building stories since 2004.

Now, what :pepefrog:

• it's better and SM intended the aes to look different from the real members; because some people may use their animated version for wrong intentions. And it makes sense why aes have the same look. For casual viewers and new fans; it's easy to remember which ae is which member's by their costume or hair color. All their mvs and episodes are connected. Black mamba introduced the black mamba villian and aespa universe. The episode 1 explained how aes were created and showed the black mamba villian. Next level mv is about them journeying to kwangya and facing obstacles. Next comeback will have next level episode released which will i think expand on the next level mv.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!