Ok...I'm more interested in IU...

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

Celebrity made me reconsider listening to her discography cuz CELEBRITY is THAT GOOD... I have alway been neutral regarding her. Jam Jam . Anyway, her album modern times is really interesting , I'm currently digging it.

I might be a potential fan of her. :P

Some facts that I should know about her? except the obvious ones like she being a DIGIMON and the polemics about her dating

• RobVel

Changed the title of the thread from “Ok...I'm mor einterested in IU...” to “Ok...I'm more interested in IU...”.
  • copied straight from wikipedia

IU was born Lee Ji-eun (Korean: 이지은) on May 16, 1993, in Songjeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea.[13][14] At an early age, IU became interested in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry and began attending acting classes.[15] Soon after her elementary school years, her family's financial situation deteriorated, and they eventually moved to the nearby Uijeongbu in Gyeonggi Province.[16] She and her younger brother lived apart from their parents in a studio room with their grandmother and cousin for over a year in conditions of great poverty.[17][18] IU had little contact with her parents over this period of time but felt reassured under her grandmother's care.[18]

During her middle school years, IU found her passion for singing and decided to become a singer after being applauded for a performance she gave at her school's sports competition.[19] She attended 20 auditions but failed all of them, and was also scammed by fake entertainment companies.[20][21] IU used to train at Good Entertainment with Uee, Yubin, Heo Ga-yoon, and Jun Hyoseong.[22] After signing with LOEN Entertainment in 2007, she moved to Bangbae, Seoul.[23] Despite the prospect of her being put into a girl group, she made her solo debut in 2008 after ten months of training.[24] Due to her living conditions at the time, IU stated that she "loved being at the studio", where she could eat as much as she wanted and had a place to sleep.[18] Prior to her debut, LOEN coined her stage name "IU", deriving it from the phrase "I and You" to symbolize the unifying force of music between people.[24]

Her burgeoning career led to her decreased attendance at school and declining grades, with the exception of Korean literature.[25] After graduating from Dongduk Girls' High School in 2012, IU decided not to pursue post-secondary education in tandem with her singing career.[26]

The one thing I'll point to is she had a really tough early childhood and had to live with her grandmother while her parents supported her and her brother so her story has a rags to riches background about it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!