Online class is better than going in-person even with a mask

• Online school's the way to go.

There's no risk of getting infected at all. In-person classes with a mask still puts people at risk. I don't like how people are pushing so hard for schools to reopen. This pandemic isn't a joke.

I also like not having to deal with waiting in between classes, making sure I'm not late, finding food to eat, etc. I'm able to focus on my schoolwork much better if I want to with online classes.

only one of my classes meets in-person because it's a hybrid, but if it was fully online, I wouldn't even have to be on campus ?(

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• Does that class consist of a lab section? You're in college/university, right? I guess I'd understand why they feel lab sections are necessary to meet up on campus for, but there are ways to do that at home. It just isn't worth the COVID-19 risk.

no lab. it's just a simple class

• no

Then again i am getting 9k in debt each year for this degree

No laboratory experience, no fieldwork experience

Teachers not knowing an once of what they are going then complain about our lack of knowledge and grades as if the strikes last year weren't their fault right before covid...

Might be different for those outside of uni

But those of us in the science department do need normal classes (and tuition fee reduction as well)

As an international student it feels even worse

• thank god I'm in business

• thank god I'm in business

People keep on pushing it is better online classes when it really depends on the degree

You just can't expect a science based graduate to have 0% laboratory knowledge when they graduate

Who is gonna hire us?

And people are saying

Deferr a year

When some unis are already cancelling graduation ceremonies for 2021 and 2022 (which means more online classes to come)

Just how many years are students supposed to stop attending their degree?

With all the money they are getting, no one using their facilities, this is pure scam

• it's easier to cheat in tests lol but I noticed that I learn better in a class setting T___T I decided to do in person learning so I attend school for two days and the rest is online-

there are programs like Proctorio that can catch/deter cheating on online tests, but they don't use it all the time. Teachers are choosing more often to just make the tests open book open note where I go ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!