JYP Entertainment either needs to promote NiziU in Korea or debut new group with same concept as them

• With TWICE moving into more mature concepts, with the possibility of 1 spring/summer songs for them as well,

and with ITZY going full banger/catchy mode

JYP Entertainment really needs a girl group with bright/colorful/cute/bubblegum concept right now.

Don't say I'm wrong...

So they either need to promote NiziU in Korea (girls already filmed their variety show NiziU Scout in Korea) or they need to debut a new group! It's time, I mean it will probably happen in 2022, but... some pre-debut content/info is necessary these days.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• they've got their lightstick coming out????

External Content twitter.com

• Eh, give it time. NiziU will probably transition into Korea as a secondary market about 2 years into their career, just as TWICE transitioned into Japan after 2 years. Right now, they should be focusing on establishing themselves in Japan with a solid track record. And they still have to release their English-language single first, by this year. (In my opinion, Korea should be a distinct third market for NiziU, after Japan and U.S. first. NiziU has two native English speakers and zero native Korean speakers.)

I don't think there are any plans to debut a new girl group anytime soon. Right now, it's the boy groups' turn first, with LOUD. (Even the JYPTrainees twitter account has been focused almost entirely on the male trainees lately because of LOUD...) Besides, of the most prominent JYP girl group trainees (as of the showcase in 2019, before CoVID hit and there were no more public showcases of JYP trainees), Mako Rima and Miihi have gone on to NiziU, and Yuna is now auditioning for Girls' Planet 999. Even Sieun transferred out and is now in StayC. Frankly, the only big name female trainee that JYP has left is LilyM. Still, Lily's always been classed as a soloist rather than a girl group member. Of the potential trainees who might be girl group members, I think only Haewon is slightly well known. Last I heard, her vocals have been improving quite a bit - she might be ready to debut within a year or two.

• Eh, give it time. NiziU will probably transition into Korea as a secondary market about 2 years into their career, just as TWICE transitioned into Japan after 2 years. Right now, they should be focusing on establishing themselves in Japan with a solid track record. And they still have to release their English-language single first, by this year. (In my opinion, Korea should be a distinct third market for NiziU, after Japan and U.S. first. NiziU has two native English speakers and zero native Korean speakers.)

I don't think there are any plans to debut a new girl group anytime soon. Right now, it's the boy groups' turn first, with LOUD. (Even the JYPTrainees twitter account has been focused almost entirely on the male trainees lately because of LOUD...) Besides, of the most prominent JYP girl group trainees (as of the showcase in 2019, before CoVID hit and there were no more public showcases of JYP trainees), Mako Rima and Miihi have gone on to NiziU, and Yuna is now auditioning for Girls' Planet 999. Even Sieun transferred out and is now in StayC. Frankly, the only big name female trainee that JYP has left is LilyM. Still, Lily's always been classed as a soloist rather than a girl group member. Of the potential trainees who might be girl group members, I think only Haewon is slightly well known. Last I heard, her vocals have been improving quite a bit - she might be ready to debut within a year or two.

But I think they will just release a song with 60-70% of Korean lyrics and rest will be English. Or maybe even fifty-fifty ratio.

Yeah and remember that they might have 2 English speakers but they also have already 4-5 members which can talk in Korean. And I bet they are also already taking Korean lessons. If you will watch NiziU Scout variety you will see them talking about Korean food, using Korean words, and even having a missions to make other member say specific Korean word.

With how things are going with corona I think it's still easier to make girls promote in South Korean music tv shows for two weeks than to think about going to some tour or concerts in US/UK etc.

• But I think they will just release a song with 60-70% of Korean lyrics and rest will be English. Or maybe even fifty-fifty ratio.

Yeah and remember that they might have 2 English speakers but they also have already 4-5 members which can talk in Korean. And I bet they are also already taking Korean lessons. If you will watch NiziU Scout variety you will see them talking about Korean food, using Korean words, and even having a missions to make other member say specific Korean word.

With how things are going with corona I think it's still easier to make girls promote in South Korean music tv shows for two weeks than to think about going to some tour or concerts in US/UK etc.

Well, yeah, it certainly would be easier to arrange for NiziU to promote in Korea than in the U.S. for logistics reasons. While the girls ARE learning Korean (Rio's lecture on 'bokkeum' was funny in NiziU Scout), I still wouldn't put them up onto full-fledged entertainment shows until they had more time to gain fluency. Which is why I was thinking two years later would be appropriate. Right now, I would place the most fluent of NiziU's K-speakers (Mako) at roughly Sana's level of fluency, and Rima and Miihi at Momo's or Mina's level of fluency when they debuted as TWICE. In TWICE, the native Korean-speakers could cover for the Japanese speakers when promoting in Korea, and vice versa in Japan, during their early debut years. But NiziU doesn't really have that option when it comes to promoting in Korea. (It would have been a different story if Yuna had made it into the group, though...).

Though oddly-enough, given the sheer number of Spanish comments I see on NiziU content on YouTube, who knows - JYPE might send them on a tour of Central / South America first before even the U.S.

• Well, yeah, it certainly would be easier to arrange for NiziU to promote in Korea than in the U.S. for logistics reasons. While the girls ARE learning Korean (Rio's lecture on 'bokkeum' was funny in NiziU Scout), I still wouldn't put them up onto full-fledged entertainment shows until they had more time to gain fluency. Which is why I was thinking two years later would be appropriate. Right now, I would place the most fluent of NiziU's K-speakers (Mako) at roughly Sana's level of fluency, and Rima and Miihi at Momo's or Mina's level of fluency when they debuted as TWICE. In TWICE, the native Korean-speakers could cover for the Japanese speakers when promoting in Korea, and vice versa in Japan, during their early debut years. But NiziU doesn't really have that option when it comes to promoting in Korea. (It would have been a different story if Yuna had made it into the group, though...).

Though oddly-enough, given the sheer number of Spanish comments I see on NiziU content on YouTube, who knows - JYPE might send them on a tour of Central / South America first before even the U.S.

I will start with the last, nah current covid situation in South America is dramatic... Brazil has 3rd, Argentina 8th, and Colombia 10th number of cases worldwide.

I think that girls which were in JYP in Korea before joining Nizi Project can probably speak normally. Not saying that they can speak like Koreans, but for sure they understand Korean and can use similar amout to words that small kids will use. Which means they already have basics. And that's what we know from the past and I bet they learned a lot since Nizi Project. Because original plan was for group to promote in both Japan and Korea.

• Imo debuting a new girl group would mean they already gave up on itzy

Nah, kpop market has grown, demand is high. People start getting used to the fact that agencies will now have two-three girl groups promoting in same time.

• I doubt it almost 100% sure the new group would overshadow itzy. 2019 was the year of twice’s descent too history always repeats itself

Ay ay Twice descent? In what? They are fine with sales, the are even now fine in charts and it's mid of 2021...

IF Twice would take road down by the lake in 2019 then today they wouldn't be ever in Melon top 10 with 530k album preorders...

• Sounds like you're just thirsty for a gg with cute concept, which is fine, but I think JYP will debut a bg next.

I never said anything about bg

And I know there is LOUD and that JYP have plans for boy group debut, but then...

Those are separate divisions and one might only have to do with the other one thing that if bg will debut soon then gg can debut like half year later, and that's all

• Official Post

JYP is obviously more focused on the global market which doesn't really care for cute concepts so I don't see it happening.

• Hybe ngg will probably debut by end of 2021 and they will definitely aim for the gg to be the next SNSD; so they will debut with cute and colorful concept im sure. And jyp must be aware of their plans too. it wouldn't make sense for jyp to launch a cute gg given that hybe ngg will definitely receive most attention being first junior gg of bts. Not to forget upcoming mnet gg project.

From my view; jyp's new gg will be launched in 2023; because 2022 will have i-land gg and ygngg debuts. itzy was also launched 4 years after twice. JYP may even launch their American gg before next korean gg.

Jyp new gg may not even be cute concept. im guessing their new gg will be more like wonder girls and focused towards west. it will probably depend on the kpop market at that time.

• Jyp new gg may not even be cute concept. im guessing their new gg will be more like wonder girls and focused towards west. it will probably depend on the kpop market at that time.

I would love to see JYPE debut an all-female band, with self-producing songwriters. I don't know if they've got any trainees with those skills, but I think it would be great differentiating factor from their current girl groups. They can be Day6's little sisters, and inherit the Wonder Girls' legacy. Probably not going to be very popular in the traditional sense, though... have to build their popularity step by step in the same way that Day6 and Stray Kids did, rather than the usual JYP girl group tradition of getting a massive hit within their first three songs. But it's an unlikely dream. (Also kinda depends on what kind of group gets formed out of LOUD.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!