Chris Martin called BTS the biggest musical act in the world. Do you agree with him?

• And I disagree with him and the people who agree with him, and I presented my reasons. i really don't get your tone.

Your reason is presenting an out of date touring chart. One of the most respected artists just called BTS the biggest act right now. BTS also tied or broke a record held by the Beatles. It’s all about the company you keep.

Again I got your reasons and you can fly that one metric all you want. If it smells like shit it probably is.

• BTS are probably the biggest boyband of the last 10, maybe more. Anyone denying this must be a little misinformed. That does not mean they are the biggest music act in the world. Like I said to another user, the question is exactly this, are they the biggest music act in the world. It is logical to assume that the biggest act in the world would have the biggest world tours. I look at the recent world tours, BTS do not have the biggest world tours. Ergo, BTS are not the biggest world act. This does not mean they are not huge. Where exactly is the error in my thinking?

so much dumbness with your 'logic' in your post.... smh

the biggest music act in the world is literally the biggest music act in the world based on all music consumption globally. WTF is this using a single criteria, biggest world tours, when multiple criterias are factored in. Music business isn't just world tours alone.

just stop posting, idiot. thanks

• Everybody was hit by covid.

Why is it bad to release music every 2 or 3 years. Like you said. If you have to promote in more than 60 countries and have multiple stops in each country, this leads to tours lasting for more than a year, sometimes more than 2. It is impossible to release music every 4 or 6 months when you are on the road for that long. Than you have to rest for a fe months mayby half a year. So I don't get why this is a problem.

My logic is simple, the biggest act in the world has the biggest world tour. Is it wrong?

• BTS are probably the biggest boyband of the last 10, maybe more. Anyone denying this must be a little misinformed. That does not mean they are the biggest music act in the world. Like I said to another user, the question is exactly this, are they the biggest music act in the world. It is logical to assume that the biggest act in the world would have the biggest world tours. I look at the recent world tours, BTS do not have the biggest world tours. Ergo, BTS are not the biggest world act. This does not mean they are not huge. Where exactly is the error in my thinking?

Their last world tour took place almost 2 years ago, so how are you drawing comparisons? Also number of shows are impacted by paucity of time. Maybe check the average grosses to do a better comparison since BTS had lesser dates back then.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• so much dumbness with your 'logic' in your post.... smh

the biggest music act in the world is literally the biggest music act in the world based on all music consumption globally. WTF is this using a single criteria, biggest world tours, when multiple criterias are factored in. Music business isn't just world tours alone.

just stop posting, idiot. thanks

And you stop being rude. Thanks. You could have expressed without being rude, right? So, how do we calculate global music consumption. What criteria do we follow?

• Everybody was hit by covid.

Why is it bad to release music every 2 or 3 years. Like you said. If you have to promote in more than 60 countries and have multiple stops in each country, this leads to tours lasting for more than a year, sometimes more than 2. It is impossible to release music every 4 or 6 months when you are on the road for that long. Than you have to rest for a fe months mayby half a year. So I don't get why this is a problem.

My logic is simple, the biggest act in the world has the biggest world tour. Is it wrong?

The biggest act in the world at present in 2021, BTS, has not had a world tour in the last 2 years. So when they do have a world tour, with however many dates they can fit in, maybe we will talk then. Even then if they do not tour for 2 to 3 years at a stretch, they would not have the biggest world tour, so again this whole contention is stupid.

• The biggest act in the world at present in 2021, BTS, has not had a world tour in the last 2 years. So when they do have a world tour, with however many dates they can fit in, maybe we will talk then. Even then if they do not tour for 2 to 3 years at a stretch, they would not have the biggest world tour, so again this whole contention is stupid.

ok, that's a fair argument. But to remove world touring as part of what makes a world act is also probably wrong. SO, what do we use to calculate this?

• ok, that's a fair argument. But to remove world touring as part of what makes a world act is also probably wrong. SO, what do we use to calculate this?

https://www.ifpi.org/bts-annou…artist-of-the-year-award/

And online concerts obviously

• And you stop being rude. Thanks. You could have expressed without being rude, right? So, how do we calculate global music consumption. What criteria do we follow?

wtf... there are numerous credible facts out there and people are posting facts left and right in front of your face but it's not getting into your head.

just stop with your nonsense 'logic' and just admit you got exposed with your minimal critical thinking.

• from wiki:

The Global Recording Artist of the Year is an award presented by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) to honor the best-performing recording artist based on a total of album-equivalent units, which include music downloads, streaming and physical format sales.

so I guess you remove everything that has to do with touring and the rest and just focus on streams and sales. Fair enough.

• ok, that's a fair argument. But to remove world touring as part of what makes a world act is also probably wrong. SO, what do we use to calculate this?

Well BTS do not just have amongst the highest touring grosses amongst contemporary artists, they have the highest album sales and amongst the highest overall streams too across streaming platforms. IFPI, a body considered relevant by the music industry, anointed them as the artist of 2020 based on overall music consumption. So there you have it.

IMG_20210620_074333.jpg

Also this

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• from wiki:

The Global Recording Artist of the Year is an award presented by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) to honor the best-performing recording artist based on a total of album-equivalent units, which include music downloads, streaming and physical format sales.

so I guess you remove everything that has to do with touring and the rest and just focus on streams and sales. Fair enough.

There's also online concerts to look at...lol

I don't see other global acts pulling those numbers

:wellr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!