Chris Martin called BTS the biggest musical act in the world. Do you agree with him?

• BTS just had 1.33 million paid viewers for an online concert and probably made over 70 million in 2 days

:pepe-joy:

That's great. A very successful online concert. Does it translate to real life world tours with more than 100 stops in different continents, countries and cities?

• Are you really implying that BTS have bigger world tours than these artists?

BTS have barely even toured compared to these artists and they are already amongst the biggest touring acts in the world. Are you purposely being dumb? Comparing an 8 year old act's touring numbers to that of acts which have been in music for several decades? And despite that you can see where they stand.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also amongst the very few to sell out Wembley, 2 days in a row

IMG_20210620_072248.jpg

• That's great. A very successful online concert. Does it translate to real life world tours with more than 100 stops in different continents, countries and cities?

Their tour was cancelled lmao who knows what numbers they would of pulled. Someone is in denial about BTS success it seems...

Anyways this is the only evidence I need for this thread

https://www.ifpi.org/bts-annou…artist-of-the-year-award/

:pepe-hehe:

• You can provide me with evidence of BTS having bigger world tours than these artists if you'd like. These are the most recent numbers I have. And I don't see that being true. You can correct me of course.

Why don’t you take your lovely chart and mail it to Mr Chris Martin, Care of Coldplay. He said it. We are just agreeing with him. He could have said Olivia, he could have said Ed, he could have said Ariana, he could have said Justin but he f didn’t.

• BTS have barely even toured compared to these artists and they are already amongst the biggest touring acts in the world. Are you purposely being dumb? Comparing an 8 year old act's touring numbers to that of acts which have been in music for several decades? And despite that you can see where they stand.

The question is if they are currently the biggest act in the world. My argument is that they are not. I did not say they are not massive or one of the biggest acts of the world. I have noticed this phenomenon, when people on this forum do not read carefully what the other person has written.

Also, the number of years they are active plays no role in the question if they are the biggest act in the world.

• quote me exactly where I say BTS are not successful, or that they are not massive. But to be the biggest act in the world you have to have the biggest world tours, or else it does not make sense. Which BTS did not have until now. So i don't get your tone

• Stream this masterpiece

External Content youtu.be

• Why don’t you take your lovely chart and mail it to Mr Chris Martin, Care of Coldplay. He said it. We are just agreeing with him. He could have said Olivia, he could have said Ed, he could have said Ariana, he could have said Justin but he fucking didn’t.

And I disagree with him and the people who agree with him, and I presented my reasons. i really don't get your tone.

• That's great. A very successful online concert. Does it translate to real life world tours with more than 100 stops in different continents, countries and cities?

Damn you really don't know anything about BTS or their global demand to be spewing this...lmao.

Practically every obscure country the Korean Pres visists has the head of the state talking about BTS and requesting BTS concerts. Just in their very short career, their touring numbers are already massive.

• quote me exactly where I say BTS are not successful, or that they are not massive. But to be the biggest act in the world you have to have the biggest world tours, or else it does not make sense. Which BTS did not have until now. So i don't get your tone

What tone? Lol...They had the biggest concerts this year and last. You living in the past.

You ignoring this too?

:pepe-cringe:

https://www.ifpi.org/bts-annou…artist-of-the-year-award/

• Damn you really don't know anything about BTS or their global demand to be spewing this...lmao.

Practically every obscure country the Korean Pres visists has the head of the state talking about BTS and requesting BTS concerts. Just in their very short career, their touring numbers are already massive.

BTS are probably the biggest boyband of the last 10, maybe more. Anyone denying this must be a little misinformed. That does not mean they are the biggest music act in the world. Like I said to another user, the question is exactly this, are they the biggest music act in the world. It is logical to assume that the biggest act in the world would have the biggest world tours. I look at the recent world tours, BTS do not have the biggest world tours. Ergo, BTS are not the biggest world act. This does not mean they are not huge. Where exactly is the error in my thinking?

• The question is if they are currently the biggest act in the world. My argument is that they are not. I did not say they are not massive or one of the biggest acts of the world. I have noticed this phenomenon, when people on this forum do not read carefully what the other person has written.

Also, the number of years they are active plays no role in the question if they are the biggest act in the world.

Let me post this again, cause you missed it

IMG_20210620_072248.jpg

And yes number of years do play a role, they had 2 full years of touring snatched away again due to covid. Everyone also cannot go on multiple tour dates cause artists like BTS are actively putting out a lot of music with very high frequency every year which they need to work on, perform and promote. They aren't like artists who release music once in 3 years and tour the remaining time. Your entire contention is fallacious and the fact that you chose their touring numbers, possibly their greatest strength and something where their whole potential has not even been unleashed yet shows me your bare minimum understanding of the phenomenon that BTS is. So carry on being ignorant and making flawed comparisons.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!