K-pop Pet-Peeves

• Pet-peeves about Kpop acts/companies (not kpop fans, we've already had enough threads complaining about crazy kpop stans)

for me they're

Lip syncing at concerts. I can understand lip syncing everywhere except concerts. I can accept that music shows are for performance, and that other live performances idols need to preserve their vocals, but I cannot tolerate lip sync at concerts (unless the idols are sick or strained) it's such a slap in the face to the fans.

Forced sexualization, especially of female idols and minors. Yes, there are some idols that enjoy being sexy and gave themselves a sexy concept like Hyolyn, but with some idols it's obvious that they are uncomfortable with some of the things they are forced to wear/concepts they're forced to push in order to make money. it seems very exploitative

Money grabs from companies. Companies producing a million photobooks *cough YG* and random crap like cupholders and water bottles with their idols' faces on them to get the fans to buy it. what are we selling here, music or idol's image?

Dancing in heels. This may be an uncommon one, but I think constantly having female idols dance in heels is really dangerous. Every once in a while is okay, but many people don't know the long term damage caused by wearing heels even just standing still, let alone moving, causes. That's why most older women you know probably have foot problems.

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• exactly this. no wonder some concerts don't sell well or don't get sold out.

glad my 2 ult faves don't do this though.

Lip syncing at concerts. I can understand lip syncing everywhere except concerts. I can accept that music shows are for performance, and that other live performances idols need to preserve their vocals, but I cannot tolerate lip sync at concerts (unless the idols are sick or strained) it's such a slap in the face to the fans.

• For me, things like forced sexualization are way more than "peeves", so I won't mention stuff like that.

- songs that are in keys too high for the idols to sing consistently well

- actually super high pitched songs in general, especially how high some gg's sing to sound cute

- camera work that makes it virutally impossible to appreciate the performance and choreo

- lyric writers intentionally including english words that are mispronounced to fit the rhyme/rhythm scheme

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!