Question for Koreans about Home AC units

• Hi,

I don't know who or where to ask but here :)

I see all the fancy standalone AC units in pictures of Korean VIP homes and I wonder if they all are split units that require a connection to an outdoor unit or actually standalone? It seems there are some that are single unit (스탠드형 에어컨) - but are they AC units with active cooling (by adding water for example) or just big fans? I am thinking about buying one through a buying agent but I have to know more about them. They are not cheap and they should be reliable and comfy, not like those portable units that are noisy as hell and require you to hang a tube out of your window all the time.

I mean things like this actually: http://www.ssg.com/item/itemVi…=6005&click=itemMidArea05
    Unfortunately these sites always use images instead of text so my crappy Korean won't help me much.

I would be thankful for any hints or experiences with these units. Unfortunately Samsung or LG do not sell these things outside of Korea, at least to Germany. We are stuck here with old fashioned, overly expensive and extremely loud (64 dB) AC units like this: https://cdn09.plentymarkets.co…images/13756/full/anz.jpg

I live in a rented appartment, so no way to get a fixed split BTU installed.

Stay healthy
    coru

• a lot of the ac units you see in Korea use water to heat and cool air (sometimes they have settings for dehumidifying or just fan), and I believe most of the ones you see in Korea are split units that need connection to an outdoor unit (some a/c do come together with the indoor unit and outdoor unit, or you can get just the indoor unit if you already have an outdoor unit too). the wall mounted ones are usually split units. If you can't install an outdoor unit, I would probably suggest a standalone portable ac. a downside to those units is that you have to drain the water often, but they're not as loud as you think.

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

• a lot of the ac units you see in Korea use water to heat and cool air (sometimes they have settings for dehumidifying or just fan), and I believe most of the ones you see in Korea are split units that need connection to an outdoor unit (some a/c do come together with the indoor unit and outdoor unit, or you can get just the indoor unit if you already have an outdoor unit too). the wall mounted ones are usually split units. If you can't install an outdoor unit, I would probably suggest a standalone portable ac. a downside to those units is that you have to drain the water often, but they're not as loud as you think.

thank you. :)

• Thanks to the split system of such air conditioners, we can easily endure the heat. Intense summer heat can cause heatstroke, in which the body is unable to regulate its temperature.

• Thanks to the split system of such air conditioners, we can easily endure the heat. Intense summer heat can cause heatstroke, in which the body is unable to regulate its temperature. An air conditioner allows you to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room, cooling it in summer and warming it in winter. Air conditioners are affordable and easy to operate. In addition, air conditioners maintain the proper air temperature, which is especially important for people with cardiovascular diseases. The only thing you should always watch out for is hvac systems. After all, if they break, you will have to repair air conditioner.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!