JYP Entertainment rumored to have changed their contract structure because of GOT7 as the previous one benefited the group more than the company

• http://www.newspim.com/news/view/20210127000476

On January 27, it has been reported by Newspim that JYP Entertainment is expected to grow this yearas they have changed their contract structure in order to favor the company.

Apparently, the change came because their previous contract structure consisted of 60% for the company and 40% for the artist for their domestic promotions. While 30% for the company and 70% for the artist for international promotions.

As GOT7 became one of the most popular kpop groups internationally, their earnings became huge. The company had to pay accordingly (30% to the company/70% to the artist) for international promotions as stated in the contract.

With this, fans are thinking that maybe that was the reason why the company didn't promote the group more as the members were receiving a bigger portion (+40%) of money than them.

Even one clip of J.Y. Park is resurfacing as he tells Jinyoung that he earns way more than him.

Meanwhile, GOT7 parted ways with JYP Entertainment on January 19th and they shared their intentions to remain together for a long time as they share an incredible bond as a team.

GOD, not good for twice renewal :(:(:(

• Well, yep Twice, Day6, ITZY and anyone else would be dumb to resign with JYP if they are going to start getting even more greedy. I work in business and I think this is a horrid decision for the company with how many terrible things are working against them in recent years. They should be trying to build goodwill and trust with their artists again, not being greedy and making them even more likely to jump ship. But JYP gonna JYP.

Seulgi Face Palm GIF - Seulgi FacePalm Seulgifacepalm - Discover & Share  GIFs | Seulgi, Red velvet seulgi, Red velvet

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• So JYP will get more share from the money artists make overseas. GOT7 escaped early and saved their money.

I hope Twice all resign but I don't want them under this greedy company...

• I’m so glad Got7 is GotGone

Bambam and Jackson must have made hella money with their international CFs, good for them

So JYP will get more share from the money artists make overseas. GOT7 escaped early and saved their money.

I hope Twice all resign but I don't want them under this greedy company...

I must agree, I am very VERY glad GOT7 left when they did.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I don't think this would affect Twice's new contracts cause they are a senior act who will enter negotiations with more power, but this will def influence newer groups who sign with the company. JYP would be stupid af to not offer Twice anything and everything they want when their contracts end since they are carrying JYPs brand.

I don't know about that, they failed at convincing Wonder Girls and Miss A to stay with their lowball offers among other issues. I hope they will offer Twice better since they have had to literally carry the company since their seniors left right as they debuted, but I would not put it past the company's board of directors to offer them a "new improved deal" that leans for the company.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I don't know about that, they failed at convincing Wonder Girls and Miss A to stay with their lowball offers among other issues. I hope they will offer Twice better since they have had to literally carry the company since their seniors left right as they debuted, but I would not put it past the company's board of directors to offer them a "new improved deal" that leans for the company.

If they don't they will cripple the company, Twice isn't the only money maker but their tour and brand power is way higher then any other current act. Miss A had problems long before contract renewal, Wonder Girls resigned didnt they? For a bit atleast, thats what I'm hoping for, like a a 3/4 year renewal. Just need jyp to not be stupid but their track record isn't promising...

• If they don't they will cripple the company, Twice isn't the only money maker but their tour and brand power is way higher then any other current act. Miss A had problems long before contract renewal, Wonder Girls resigned didnt they? For a bit atleast, thats what I'm hoping for, like a a 3/4 year renewal. Just need jyp to not be stupid but their track record isn't promising...

yes, Wonder Girls resigned in 2013, and then went on to refuse resigning in 2017. Which if I remember right JYP said he was offended by but toward the end of their run they were treated terribly like god awfully. I really hope JYP learned their lesson when their biggest group ever at that point walked out but it appears they have not since GOT7 just walked out and instead of improving things, they are talking making things more strict.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• yes, Wonder Girls resigned in 2013, and then went on to refuse resigning in 2017. Which if I remember right JYP said he was offended by but toward the end of their run they were treated terribly like god awfully. I really hope JYP learned their lesson when their biggest group ever at that point walked out but it appears they have not since GOT7 just walked out and instead of improving things, they are talking making things more strict.

Every got7 fan knew they weren't resigning due to mismanagement, i have no idea what is going through jyp's execs brains rn but they need to do better.

• The irony of JYPE being salty and petty because of how much GOT7 potentially brought in from international activities when it was them that marketed and pushed them as an international group to begin with. Maybe if they had tried a bit harder to build a more domestic fanbase, they'd would've had more $$ in their pockets.

I think Twice will likely be okay given their status. Though in general, I wonder how this adjustment effects earnings in the likes of Japan since most of JYPE's act, both group and solo, are active there.

Also, I feel kinda bad for NiziU then, because I imagine they gotta share their money with both JYPE and Sony.

• I don't get it the OP and the article don't match.

No where in the article does it talk about Got7's promotion being reduced due to the current contract split and no where does it speak of the contractual structure changing or going into the specifics of the current contract structure.

I've read the article Twice and the content of the OP and the article don't match.

• I don't get it the OP and the article don't match.

No where in the article does it talk about Got7's promotion being reduced due to the current contract split and no where does it speak of the contractual structure changing or going into the specifics of the current contract structure.

I've read the article Twice and the content of the OP and the article don't match.

Thank you, someone actually read the sources! Yeah, there's literally only one line in the newspim article that talks about contracts being adjusted. Certainly nothing about any of the actual profit-sharing percentages. That all seems to be speculation by the OP.

• Thank you, someone actually read the sources! Yeah, there's literally only one line in the newspim article that talks about contracts being adjusted. Certainly nothing about any of the actual profit-sharing percentages. That all seems to be speculation by the OP.

It’s a copy+paste from Akp home page.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!