IZ*ONE Could Be Coming Back — Multiple Member Agencies Agree With Relaunching The Group

• In a recent video with Doyouram on YouTube, the head of the Parallel Universe Project revealed that the team has been in contact with the members’ agencies for quite some time—with one CEO getting in touch before the campaign even started. Alongside an unnamed entertainment label CEO who’s been delivering proposals on the WIZ*ONEs’ behalf, the team reported that things were going in a “positive” manner back at the end of May. -KEAiF0JpLdIMlzHgW9fj_GO8Hk6oh8jc4jZZJxCz7UQtanthHV3EZIpExyt8EGh8hF6T2wbH3rw1Wndt0-xC4E-eeLLRM5cxtbQ7XcUsiuMMO88=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| @official_izone/Twitter

Now, there’s been a new development. In an update for Parallel Universe Project backers on WADIZ, the team announced that the entertainment management agency helping them has been negotiating with the individual members’ agencies for the past two months. Less than two months since the project was launch, the team now confirms that almost all the members’ agencies have expressed interest in relaunching IZ*ONE! ff1P2rOAwPtUEKXP9vunqVQ-z6di3raOSCeqxLyhMVROgdhsz_147jw6S88O03HfEJUiUCBaxqfxO9k8MpDOe26qcxvv5YCZOP2TMlklNoS4_w=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| @official_izone/Twitter

The team has also verified that except one Korean agency and one Japanese office, all other parties involved agree with the idea of IZ*ONE’s relaunch and that they are working favorably with the negotiating agency.
    Parallel Universe Project, WADIZ

Only one Korean and one Japanese agency are yet to agree to the idea of re-debuting the group, though the statement didn’t reveal which. That said, they did confirm that they’re currently “looking into” these agencies, likely with the hope of convincing them to join. Nothing is set in stone yet and no contracts have been signed, but if said negotiations go well, it’s possible that IZ*ONE may really come together as a 12-member group once more. XfH2NDx3j9tDGt8He6ylLf4PzCfVkeg_7ENLTO-U8xzyVFKoPyboKCtNgGbGsgZy2JBTPE6ojnthk28_FqlAFBxuzDs30BrlOjfRP4aQk8dHFlE=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| @official_izone/Twitter

Read the full Parallel Universe Project statement here:

For the past two months, each of the members’ agencies has received multiple proposals regarding the relaunch of IZ*ONE from the team of IZ*ONE Relaunch Project admins. Some agencies have responded to the proposals and with those agencies, the team has met up with a spokesperson. The fundraising platform WADIZ has also been in these meetings with the agencies’ representatives.
    The team focused on approaching these individual agencies strategically. That being said, one entertainment management agency has since taken on the task of negotiating with the individual member agencies about the members’ contracts.
    The team has also verified that except one Korean agency and one Japanese office, all other parties involved agree with the idea of IZ*ONE’s relaunch and that they are working favorably with the negotiating agency. We’re looking into the said Korean agency and the Japanese office who have not yet responded.
    Parallel Universe Project, WADIZ
  • I'm kinda hopeful......but still highly pessimistic. Which sucks since kpop feels a little emptier without them. Getting several agencies to show interest in the project is one thing. But getting several agencies to come together and actually agree on anything without bickering and getting at each other's throats? That's sadly a pretty tall order. Though it's still pretty amazing that the Project has come this far when everyone was calling them a money scam.

Also OT12 is still a pipe dream. The J-Line have no signs of coming back. And I'm pretty sure I know who that one stubborn Korean agency is.....

(*cough* Starship *cough*)

• I'm kinda hopeful......but still highly pessimistic. Which sucks since kpop feels a little emptier without them. Getting several agencies to show interest in the project is one thing. But getting several agencies to come together and actually agree on anything without bickering and getting at each other's throats? That's sadly a pretty tall order. Though it's still pretty amazing that the Project has come this far when everyone was calling them a money scam.

Also OT12 is still a pipe dream. The J-Line have no signs of coming back. And I'm pretty sure I know who that one stubborn Korean agency is.....

(*cough* Starship *cough*)

Yep, FUCK Starshit.

I think Nako/Sakura are the ones that will not be coming back as well, i think Hitomi could, i think she personally WANTS to.

I agree there is so much work ahead even if all the other agencies agree in principle. Msnake took care of everything, production, music, promotions, costumes, sets, even things we dont think about like transportation, security, etc. Who is going to do that? I dont think Urban or 8D can do that, Yuri's label isnt even around anymore. Woolimi is struggling financially i've head. Im guessing WM and Yuehua are the only ones that have the infrastructure to properly execute a GG comeback.

Then we have to worry about profit sharing and cost sharing. The good news is that if the PUP project contributions can be used, this will really help, 3 million is not chump change at all this is real money. The bad news is that we dont know how many contributors will ask for their money back when they find out Wonyoung, Yujin, Sakura, and Nako wont be in it.

Then we have to worry about Msnake. CJENM is an enormously powerful company, how will they react to this new GG especially when they want to debut their new shit GG from Planet666?

For knowledgeable Wizones here, if Izone redebuted as 8, without Wonyoung, Yujin, Sakura, and Nako, what would be the effect on album sales? Would we go from 500k to 300k? 200k? 100k? My gut instinct says 250k would be the max (Wonyoung and Sakura seem like huge stan attractors).

• I've already said that with this project it's possible for group to comeback but with 6-7, maybe 8 members.

Still even with changed name - promoting as sub-unit which kind of became a successor of IZ*ONE many, many people will love it.

I even have idea for groups name: MIZZ*ONE - spoken as Miss One, because WIZ*ONE missed IZ*ONE, and they now can be together again.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think Nako/Sakura are the ones that will not be coming back as well, i think Hitomi could, i think she personally WANTS to.

I used to think Hitomi coming back to kpop was a sure-fire thing. But it feels like she's been getting a lot of attention since she got back home. She might just end up riding it out if she ends up getting a major push in AKB48.

I agree there is so much work ahead even if all the other agencies agree in principle. Msnake took care of everything, production, music, promotions, costumes, sets, even things we dont think about like transportation, security, etc. Who is going to do that? I dont think Urban or 8D can do that, Yuri's label isnt even around anymore. Woolimi is struggling financially i've head. Im guessing WM and Yuehua are the only ones that have the infrastructure to properly execute a GG comeback.

It sounds like the unnamed entertainment company is the one that's actually really in charge of this project. I can only assume it's some big-name company if the agencies are actually willing to listen. They'll probably be the ones taking care of all of the duties that Msnake/CJ used to hold. It would be pretty funny if it ended up being HYBE considering how much they've been aggressively expanding lately lol.

Then we have to worry about Msnake. CJENM is an enormously powerful company, how will they react to this new GG especially when they want to debut their new shit GG from Planet666?

I believe the PUP project already contacted CJENM a while ago and CJENM was fine/didn't care.

For knowledgeable Wizones here, if Izone redebuted as 8, without Wonyoung, Yujin, Sakura, and Nako, what would be the effect on album sales? Would we go from 500k to 300k? 200k? 100k? My gut instinct says 250k would be the max (Wonyoung and Sakura seem like huge stan attractors).

250k to 300k sounds about right. If they only lost the solo stans it would be down to around 350K (Sakura and Wonyoung were definitely strong sellers but I wouldn't overestimate them that much). But they'll probably lose some OT12 fans too and others who have already ended up moving on to other groups.

The other thing to consider is that the re-debut will have to be impressive with good music and good production values. Wiz*Ones have basically gotten used to a certain level of quality with IZ*One. If the new group has lower quality or a musical direction that Wiz*Ones don't appreciate then they might end up losing interest and fans.

• Yep, i honestly didnt like their title tracks that much (except for a few killing parts). But Msnake put out a top notch product, their stages, costumes, choreo, music videos, plus all their fanservice content, it was just as good as the Big 4. And a few of their B sides were incredible, Colors and Sunflower are among the best cutesy songs i've ever heard, they're BETTER than Cheer Up, TT, Likey, etc.

Hybe is very intriguing as a possible managing label for the group. The way Gfriend was unceremoniously dumped gives me cause for concern, like wtf happened there? Also, we've heard rumors of delays with their new GG which also gives me pause. I know they got that highly touted exec from SM to presumably debut their first GG but we havent heard jack about how she's been doing. Plus, as long as they are still pursuing their own homegrown GG, can we actually trust them to do a good job for Izone? Izone could be walking into a trap, they could get Gfriended.

OTOH, they obviously have infinite resources and could turn the girls into bonafide celebrities. Izone is already a fully polished, professional group, they literally dont need to be trained up anymore, their vocals and dance are among the very best. If you combine their talents with HYBE's promotional machine...WOW. Maybe Hybe will see that the $$$ they can make from Izone will be worth the investment.

• Yep, i honestly didnt like their title tracks that much (except for a few killing parts). But Msnake put out a top notch product, their stages, costumes, choreo, music videos, plus all their fanservice content, it was just as good as the Big 4. And a few of their B sides were incredible, Colors and Sunflower are among the best cutesy songs i've ever heard, they're BETTER than Cheer Up, TT, Likey, etc.

Hybe is very intriguing as a possible managing label for the group. The way Gfriend was unceremoniously dumped gives me cause for concern, like wtf happened there? Also, we've heard rumors of delays with their new GG which also gives me pause. I know they got that highly touted exec from SM to presumably debut their first GG but we havent heard jack about how she's been doing. Plus, as long as they are still pursuing their own homegrown GG, can we actually trust them to do a good job for Izone? Izone could be walking into a trap, they could get Gfriended.

OTOH, they obviously have infinite resources and could turn the girls into bonafide celebrities. Izone is already a fully polished, professional group, they literally dont need to be trained up anymore, their vocals and dance are among the very best. If you combine their talents with HYBE's promotional machine...WOW. Maybe Hybe will see that the $$$ they can make from Izone will be worth the investment.

Colors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:yesr:

If HYBE takes control of IZ*One it would be a totally different story than what happened with Gfriend. The whole Gfriend disbandment thing was just too weird. Something big happened behind-the-scenes to cause it. It wouldn't make sense for Source/HYBE to have been planning to axe them while at the same time adding them to the HYBE museum and setting up future schedules for them. I know people want to put 100% of the blame on Source/HYBE but that narrative doesn't fully make sense to me. We're still missing a big piece of the story. On another note though, can you image if they decide to have Source manage them? That would be the stupidest move ever. They would get so much unnecessary hate for it.

You know....I kinda just threw HYBE on there as an afterthought but the more I think about it, the more it kinda makes sense. They certainly have the money for it. Their involvement would have made CJ totally fine with it (and with allowing Yuri into the group) since CJ and HYBE are in good working terms with each other. The HYBE promotional machine would be a HUGE boon. And I don't actually think HYBE cares if they have multiple rival groups under their sub-labels so acquiring IZ*One wouldn't put a dent to their plans for their own home-grown GG under Min Hee-Jin. Not to mention if the whole Sakura-joining-HYBE thing is true, then they can just go and throw her back into her own group again lol. Win win for everybody.

• Sadly, I don't think this will come through:

- Mnet will launching girls planet 999 soon > some sacrifices had to be made in order to make this new group successful

- Impossible to gather all the members > they won't be the same izone > not all existing wizone will support

- who will managed them??

According to this TW/article, it is CJENM themselves that might be the ones pulling the strings to reform the group.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

izonereport.png

• According to this TW/article, it is CJENM themselves that might be the ones pulling the strings to reform the group.

External Content twitter.com

izonereport.png

I think its just a information shared by insider no official stance has been confirmed??

Well, let's see since there will be a new group from the final lineup of girls planet 999 that's why I don't think CJENM (Mnet parent company) will interested to managed izone especially if it's not the full team.

• I think its just a information shared by insider no official stance has been confirmed??

Well, let's see since there will be a new group from the final lineup of girls planet 999 that's why I don't think CJENM (Mnet parent company) will interested to managed izone especially if it's not the full team.

No according to the article, it's CJ themselves that are admitting that they are in talks with the agencies about re-debuting IZ*One. It's more of an official stance instead of just insider information. If it's fake news, CJ will come out and deny it any minute now.

• Part of the problem I see is the distribution of the sales. Part of the original selling points to the other agencies was that the girls get large exposure and then on going back to their original company those companies benefit from that exposure. A number of companies were counting on that exposure to help promote new girl groups. If they don't go back that means decisively less income for their new groups as they now get NO exposure that was originally planned for. It may mean the difference between complete failure and very successful. So how is CJE&M going to compensate for that? The only way to do that is for each of the companies to get a much much larger share of the profits from "each" from the new IZ*ONE group. That huge change in profit sharing may even make the re-furbished IZ*ONE not viable enough for any management company to take control of. Also this is predicated on ALL the girls joining back up. Sales will be significantly less if say Sakura, Woonyoung, and Yujin didn't come back.

I can see the talks happening. I still can't seem them succeeding.

• Part of the problem I see is the distribution of the sales. Part of the original selling points to the other agencies was that the girls get large exposure and then on going back to their original company those companies benefit from that exposure. A number of companies were counting on that exposure to help promote new girl groups. If they don't go back that means decisively less income for their new groups as they now get NO exposure that was originally planned for. It may mean the difference between complete failure and very successful. So how is CJE&M going to compensate for that? The only way to do that is for each of the companies to get a much much larger share of the profits from "each" from the new IZ*ONE group. That huge change in profit sharing may even make the re-furbished IZ*ONE not viable enough for any management company to take control of. Also this is predicated on ALL the girls joining back up. Sales will be significantly less if say Sakura, Woonyoung, and Yujin didn't come back.

I can see the talks happening. I still can't seem them succeeding.

One way is to make it a non-exclusive thing. Like how X1 was supposed to work out for the last 2.5 years of their run. So that way they can come back once or twice a year and continue getting exposure while also doing their own separate things to bring money to their agencies.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!