How long have you liked kpop for? What was you first kpop group or/and song?

• Me? I got into KPOP 2017. I found BTS MV and watched it. And then it started from there.

But talking about my first kpop song? Its like 2015. Stupid in Love by Soyou.

Anyways while you are all here. STREAM WE GO!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I became a KPOP fan a year ago during quarantine :boredr:

The first songs I listened to was Just Right by Got7 in 2019 and Cheer Up by Twice sometime earlier. The song that technically got me into KPOP was POP/STARS by K/DA but the song that made me a KPOP fan was DDDD by Blackpink.

Blackpink was the first group I ever stanned and they are my ults and now Twice is also my ult.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• first songs were survivor and mirotic from the original TVXQ (and yeh, young me simped over Jaejoong because DAMN his voice and visuals, never simped over anyone/famous people before that)

I was on and off

Then tvxq disbanded and jyj was being blocked by SM everywhere then they went to the military and I stopped listening to kpop officially not long after snsd kicked Jessica out (it wasnt the same anymore and super junior members were going to the military as well)

Didnt come back until i accidentally listened to blood sweat and tears from bts

Didnt become a fan until DNA

I would say i was truly a big kpop fan in 2016/2018 after that the overall kpop style geared somewhere else sound wise and I just dont really feel that attached anymore

I might check from time to time but certainly nowhere as much of a big fan

Tbh it's been so long i don't wven know anymore

It has been big part of most of my life but i was nowhere the type of super loyal fan that would spend money etc (i did want to go see the jyj concert in Barcelona but saw the add too late rip, i did go see bts kn 2019 in Paris tho, would still go to another concert if I could afford it and this time i can get better seats)

Unless there is another song that catches my attention back I guess

Rn i would say barely 5% of what I listen is kpop

im more into cn media at the moment (then jp and western)

• 2011, SNSD. I think the first song was either Gee or Genie.

But I got to know Sunny and by extension SNSD via funny variety clips that someone posted somewhere else. I got fascinated, started to watch other Sunny and SNSD variety clips that were referenced on youtube, and before I knew I was hooked on SNSD and on all kinda Korean variety shows that were so much funnier and more wholesome than I was used to at that time.

The K-pop songs, MV's, groups, choreos, performances and entire scene drew me in fully, they were so different and often more appealing than what I was used to with American pop artists :wellr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• If I had a dollar for every time I’ve answered this. It’s also on my profile if people would bother to look. I’ve been a fan for ten years. My daughter introduced me to K pop in 2011 when she was nine. My first song and group was So Cool by SISTAR on a K pop show we used to have here called SBS Pop Asia.

• Got into kpop at around 2013 with BIGBANG/GD.

The first kpop song, that I knew was a kpop song, that I liked was a year before with Electric Shock. I actually liked most of f(x)'s titles then, but It wasn't enough to get into the genre yet.

• Just shy of 11 years. My friend was into kpop and I agreed to listen to a couple songs just to make her shut up. I didn't really like the first couple, but then she shared Lucifer and I agreed it was pretty good.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fell into a rabbit hole with SHINee, discovering FT Island, MBLAQ, Big Bang, etc. and since there's always new music to check out, I'm still here!

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I first heard about Kpop when I was in middle school because several of my best friends liked Kpop. One of them was fan of Shinee particularly but also liked Big Bang, SNSD. I was not interested so I did not check the music but I remember that my friends were singing Gee while doing the choreo so it's the first Kpop song I heard I think.

Then Gamgamstyle was the first Kpop MV I saw but it did not make me watch more Kpop.

I only got into Kpop last year, during lockdown, when I got interested in BTS. I think the first BTS song I heard was Fire but it's IDOL that really made me want to learn more about them and watch more performances.

• [...] Then tvxq disbanded [...]

I don't know if it's just me, but I get really pissed off when people say TVXQ's disbanded. This is the year of our lord, 2021, TVXQ still exists as 2, they're not disbanded. (I'm not even a hardcore OT2, I'm just really sensitive about this stuff.)

Anyways, I joined in late 2017. I don't know my first K-pop song (it was lrobably Gangnam Style, tbh), but since I was a Vocaloid & MMD person I encountered lots of dances to songs I didn't know were K-pop at the time. I think I got into K-pop because of BTS's DNA, but the first groups I really liked were SHINee & f(x). A lot of my time as a baby stan was spent on this forum, actually! (I miss you, my matching Victoria and Key badges. I really do!)

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• I saw a reaction video which was for kpop. (I’d seen Gangnam style before then, obv, but everyone thought it was a joke).

The reaction video played Boombayah and then Blood, Sweat and tears.

I thought BST was deeply cool but didn’t really get the concept and I thought Boombayah was the best banger I’d heard in ages. It was early/mid 2017, I think.

I was obsessed with Lisa - thought she was damned near one of the coolest chicks I’d ever seen.

• Probably 2009-2010 because a good friend of mine was (and still is) a huge shawol. Sorry Sorry is the one I really remember or Lucifer (still a bop). I knew about Kpop but didn’t start following closely until

I fell for EXO with Overdose. Was trailing off on following as closely (still the music of my faves but not all the details) and then being home bound with the pandemic sucked me back in deeper again.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• 2001 when the music video 'Because I'm a girl' by Kiss made into the States and then got exposed to the movie 'My Sassy Girl'. Most of the college guys during that time were simping over Lee Hyori and Eugene. SES, FINKL, J, Tashannie, Baby Vox, and As One were some of the earliest groups out there with some good songs.

They don't make songs like this by As One anymore these days.

A few more classics from first gen.

?:rolleyes:

Edited once, last by bungaaaa ().

• I don't know if it's just me, but I get really pissed off when people say TVXQ's disbanded. This is the year of our lord, 2021, TVXQ still exists as 2, they're not disbanded. (I'm not even a hardcore OT2, I'm just really sensitive about this stuff.)

Anyways, I joined in late 2017. I don't know my first K-pop song (it was lrobably Gangnam Style, tbh), but since I was a Vocaloid & MMD person I encountered lots of dances to songs I didn't know were K-pop at the time. I think I got into K-pop because of BTS's DNA, but the first groups I really liked were SHINee & f(x). A lot of my time as a baby stan was spent on this forum, actually! (I miss you, my matching Victoria and Key badges. I really do!)

You said it yourself you are new and came later into the game

Don't go off on older fans who had lived the whole disaster (and feel weirdly sensitive about it on top of that)

It is not the same tvxq and people either think it is the old or the 'new'

No one see tvxq/dbsq as the same group when comparing the two

It's just sm hating letting go of group names or rebranding

You are free to see it however you want, but so do others

• 2003. My brother introduced me to this video he had found on the internet - Lee Hyori's solo debut song 10 Minutes:

Then we really got into both K-variety and K-drama around that time, which is where I learned of many of the older generations of Kpop idols and actors / variety show stars. X-Man, Love Letter, Family Outing, the first season of We Got Married, Dae Jang Geum (Jewel in the Palace), Coffee Prince, Meteor Garden, My Sassy Girl, Winter Sonata, etc.

Technically, I joined Kpop during the era of solo singer dominance, just before the 2nd Gen really started to take off. So my first Kpop artists were people like Baek Ji Young, and ballad prince Tim, Younha (though she was technically J-pop at the time), and some of the 1st-gen idols who were starting to establish solo careers. I still remember seeing the members of TVXQ, Super Junior and SS501 as cute little newbies to the entertainment world. (Especially Heechul, for his princessy character. Though nothing beat KARA's Gyuri for variety gold.)

My first group was the Wonder Girls, and first bias was their leader, Sunye. Have been a fan of JYP groups ever since.

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!