When will we have a new GG with a mature concept?

• can we get girls day back?? :cryc:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sexy ggs are dead, ifans don't support them and koreans are really into cute/relatable and powerful/chic songs now that they don't need the sexy concept to sell well

Before it was what saved ggs like Sistar or girls day but isn't missed rn. Even brave girls didn't need to go that route, despite the original rollin being sexier and more mature, the re-release is on the bubbly side, same as we ride and the new song

RV are going to comeback with a summer concept and MMM already released a ballad and a sexy song yet out of their recent releases, it was dingga (retro, relatable concept) the one that topped charts

• Sexy ggs are dead, ifans don't support them and koreans are really into cute/relatable and powerful/chic songs now that they don't need the sexy concept to sell well

Adults concept doesn't mean, sexy concepts. Mamamoo's latest song has an adult concept and isn't sexy.

And I think to say that the sexy concept is dead is a mistake, the recent success of Brave girls proves the opposite.

• it's hard to do a mature concept on inception though....

when a GG debuts the idols are generally really young and a mature concept might not suit them

• why ifans want gg with mature concept? The childish concept they are disliking i s the popular one in asia. Obviously kpop ggs will follow that route more. If you want mature ggs then why not stan some western gg like little mix?

• The childish concept they are disliking i s the popular one in asia.

Yes, because Kpop groups are considered children's music and Koreans distinguish between idols and artists very well, it's true.

But why want more groups with adult concepts? Because there are only 2. To see a new one appear would be a good news if only to have a greater diversity of listening.

• Cry For Me is far from young girlies' song

Young adults doesn't mean young girlies. And it's not shamefull at all to make song for Teenagers or Young adults, it's just a difference of audience.

I stan Itzy, and the audience targeted by their music is above all teenagers. It doesn't mean that the music sucks or that you can't enjoy it if you're not a teenager.

• Yes, because Kpop groups are considered children's music and Koreans distinguish between idols and artists very well, it's true.

that had happened to western artists like justin ariana etc too. But now they are household name in the west. And not every kpop group is considered children music. Groups like bts bigbang bp etc have a lot of adult listeners.

• these girl groups were always the best, they always released the best music too.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Adults concept doesn't mean, sexy concepts. Mamamoo's latest song has an adult concept and isn't sexy.

And I think to say that the sexy concept is dead is a mistake, the recent success of Brave girls proves the opposite.

You mean Aya or the ballad? Either way both songs have mature vibes and didn't sell as well as dingga, the one with bubblier and youthful vibes

BG new song isn't on the sexy side really, it's a summer concept with the same vibes as twice and fromis latest comeback, if BG is going for sexy then so is twice and fromis.

One can notice how it's going for the relatable, bubbly vibe and family friendly look just looking at the outfits, choreo, mv and the lack of male gaze in them

For example gsd darling was a cute summer song but it was indeed sexy just by looking at how much the MV, choreo an outfits focused on the girls body and their sex appeal. I don't really think Brave Girls new song is going for that vibe

• Unfortunately, the sexy concept and mature concept aren't 1 of the current dominant trends. You'd say that would leave an opening for companies and groups to distinguish themselves, especially now that 1 of the 2 groups that have been dabbling most in that genre, Mamamoo, is winding down somewhat.

But alas, the moment for those concepts to trend hasn't come (yet).

I thought that GFriend were making steps in that direction, to join Mamamoo and Red Velvet in doing mature concepts - but yeah, we all know how that ended :oops:

When every group debuts at 18? Hard.

it's hard to do a mature concept on inception though....

when a GG debuts the idols are generally really young and a mature concept might not suit them

Actually Red Velvet did this, within a few months straight after debut:

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

This was when Yeri was 16 and Joy was 18 years old.

So it is possible to do it.

It's just that many K-pop companies don't dare to, maybe in fear of scaring off their main target audience.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited 2 times, last by FoReveries ().

• Young adults doesn't mean young girlies. And it's not shamefull at all to make song for Teenagers or Young adults, it's just a difference of audience.

I stan Itzy, and the audience targeted by their music is above all teenagers. It doesn't mean that the music sucks or that you can't enjoy it if you're not a teenager.

Cry for Me is pretty mature, which is what the user was speaking not about Itzy

• Both Be Natural and Automatic flopped, is not hard to see why companies aren't doing if a rookie big 3 gg couldn't sell it, Automatic was a double title track with Ice Cream Cake yet the one that took off was ICC and Automatic barely charted.

Idols have their main target teenagers and young adults, is a reason why sexy concept during 2nd gen used to also have the smallest fanbases.

• Both Be Natural and Automatic flopped, is not hard to see why companies aren't doing if a rookie big 3 gg couldn't sell it, Automatic was a double title track with Ice Cream Cake yet the one that took off was ICC and Automatic barely charted.

Idols have their main target teenagers and young adults, is a reason why sexy concept during 2nd gen used to also have the smallest fanbases.

Yeah, true, it's also the reason that RV had red comebacks one after the other for a while, especially after OOTN didn't perform either.

Only with Bad Boy that started to change, and you can see that mature, elegant themes became more common for RV comebacks.

But at least they made the attempt. And kept trying until they had the 'formula' or mix right to do mature, elegant concepts and have them be successful. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, if enough groups succeed with such concepts, others will follow :wellr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• can we get girls day back?? :cryc:

I miss them

Edited once, last by tt1267 ().

• did those songs do well ?

i'm not that familar with RV earlier works

• I find the GGs currently nice and some good, but I find the concepts to be still quite childish or not very mature. The only real GGs with mature concepts are Mamamoo and Red Velvet, it would take a new one the 4th gen does not have its own yet and does not seem to arrive soon :boredr:

Stan MMM & RV :pepe-simp:

Mature Girl Groups = Mature Concepts

Newer 4th Gen Girl Groups are mostly in their early/mid teens, at most the eldest members just turned 20.

I would be very shocked and worried if the current GG rookies started coming out with mature concepts.

I think OP is looking at the completely wrong segment of the Kpop world for his/her "Mature Concept" fix. X/

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• I would be very shocked and worried if the current GG rookies started coming out with mature concepts.

Mature doesn't mean "SEX" or "SEXY".

Newer 4th Gen Girl Groups are mostly in their early/mid teens, at most the eldest members just turned 20.

When Wheein & Hwasa started they were 18 years old, and Joy 17 years old.

And no one is forcing companies to only launch idols under 20.

• Mature doesn't mean "SEX" or "SEXY".

When Wheein & Hwasa started they were 18 years old, and Joy 17 years old.

And no one is forcing companies to only launch idols under 20.

Just because it's not sexy doesn't mean it's age appropriate.

Why is everyone in such a hurry to "grow up"? Let teenage girls do teenage girl things and sing about teenage girl concerns.

I find it quite frankly ludicrous to see a 16 yr old girl from a 1st world country strutting about on a MV set, wielding a bat cosplaying as a girl-boss, trying to convince us she's some hardened gangster. I mean, she probably got there by being the most obedient trainee in her batch, by listening to and carrying out word for word, the instructions of her agency CEO or PD, most of whom are middle aged men. Yep, super authentic and convincing...rolls eyes...

I find it more try-hard and band-wagony rather than anything impressive. That's why I find the high teen concepts and songs of Weeekly far more authentic than any recent girlcrush concepts from basically any other GG rookies, most of whom have the average age of 15-18 yrs old.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

Edited once, last by natnut ().

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!