Is it safe to say BTS is the biggest idol group digimon?

• Go to Best Answer
  • Y!E!S!

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Of course yes

So many national hits

Fire, BST , DNA, SD

IDOL FL

BWL

DYnamite

BUTTER

Even savage love remix without any promo has done amazing

Look at their uls to end fd streaming argument and songs with less uls etc are called national hits

Not every song has to hit number one

Because the way their different songs are used in events , varities ,dramas ( a mega hallyu hit like crash landing on you or hyena featuring top movie actress kim hye su ) and covered by actors etc speak about their digimon status.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wouldn't include FIRE or BST in the top tier category, but Butter and SLR are showing promise.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I am counting them because fire is used as hype song everywhere

And bst get covered a lot. But you have your point.

FIRE is more of a slow burn (ironically lol), it didn't have longevity when it came out but it's grown over the years to become a very recognizable song.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Maybe

I think them having the biggest KPOP fandom we have ever seen helps.

Its hard for me to really say its BTS when I saw the Made Era for Big Bang.

The 2 singles a month release and every one of them hiting 1m downloads, Overall for the Made Era they did 15m Downloads in Korea , 17m in China.

• Yes.

Imo they are. One thing that makes them it to me is the way their pretty unpromoted songs now do on the charts. (eg. butter has zero korean promotions but is at #1 on melon for 3 weeks straight, same with dynamite and its recording breaking streaks, as well as even SLRs insane chart run). This past year without many korean promotions has proved they can chart extremely well without promotions (which not many can do and we can see that korean promotions help a ton of acts rise on melon). Also their bsides stats are insane ( again completely unpromoted).

Plus obviously their consistent release of hit title tracks (including the mega massive hits like SD, BWL, Dynamite etc).

• I'm an Army but, Bigbang is the biggest imo (or at least during their peak). And I'm not just talking abt chart performance, but legacy as well. For years YG are known as "the company the public can trust", and it reflected by how their rookie groups always smashing the chart right on their debut. Imo, all/most of that are thanks to Bigbang success.

• I would be weirded out if someone doesn't agree with this statement in 2021 :-)

Im close to agreeing but Alot of people here didnt see Big Bang digital power.

15m+ Downloads in Korea , 17m+ Downloads in China from the Made era only.

Would BTS be able to release 2 singles every month for 4 months and have these results? Im not sure.

BTS for sure has better Longevity though.

ZvAVC3R.png

• BB probably had a similar thing, the 24 hour UL records they had for boy groups showed that they had a lot of people waiting for them each time they released music.

Even if a lot of them didn't buy albums or other official merch, they had a fandom too.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• BB probably had a similar thing, the 24 hour UL records they had for boy groups showed that they had a lot of people waiting for them each time they released music.

Even if a lot of them didn't buy albums or other official merch, they had a fandom too.

I mean this was gaon 2015 for big bang

Digital chart

1. Big Bang - "Bang Bang Bang"
    2. Big Bang - "Loser"
    3. Naul - "You From the Same Time"
    4. Big Bang - "Bae Bae"
    29. Big Bang - "If You"
    32. Kwanghee & GDxTaeyang - "Mapsosa"
    33. Big Bang - "Let's Not Fall In Love"
    42. Big Bang - "Sober"
    43. Big Bang - We Like 2 Party
    66. Big Bang - "Zutter"
    92. GD & Taeyang - Good Boy

Download

1. Big Bang - "Bang Bang Bang" - 1,581,284
    3. Big Bang - "Loser" - 1,505,163
    7. Big Bang - "Bae Bae" - 1,421,715
    22. Kwanghee & GDxTaeyang - "Mapsosa" - 1,132,885
    24. Big Bang - "If You" - 1,123,611
    27. Big Bang - "Let's Not Fall In Love" - 1,076,447
    36. Big Bang - "Sober" - 1,011,102
    41. Big Bang - We Like 2 Party - 972,950
    63. Big Bang - "Zutter" - 823,317
    96. GD & Taeyang - "Good Boy" - 641,452

Streaming

1. Big Bang - "Bang Bang Bang" - 82,868,776
    6. Big Bang - "Bae Bae" - 72,117,592
    7. Big Bang - "Loser" - 71,894,933
    39. Big Bang - "If You" - 48,246,871
    40. Kwanghee & GDxTaeyang - "Mapsosa" - 46,629,378
    42. Big Bang - "Let's Not Fall In Love" - 46,205,079
    55. Big Bang - We Like 2 Party - 40,701,006
    57. Big Bang - "Sober" - 40,550,246
    62. GD & Taeyang - "Good Boy" - 39,312,463
    78. Big Bang - "Zutter" - 33,218,940

• I'm an Army but, Bigbang is the biggest imo (or at least during their peak). And I'm not just talking abt chart performance, but legacy as well. For years YG are known as "the company the public can trust", and it reflected by how their rookie groups always smashing the chart right on their debut. Imo, all/most of that are thanks to Bigbang success.

I didn't think of that, good point.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Yeah, I don't see anyone ever touching this, at least not in one year.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Also one thing about bts is... their longevity on the charts with their songs is fckin insane. Like need a say more than:
    "Spring Day will have spent half a decade on melon if it charts (which it likely will) until Feb 2022." :pepepizza:

She's the matriarch of the charts.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Also one thing about bts is... their longevity on the charts with their songs is fckin insane. Like need a say more than:
    "Spring Day will have spent half a decade on melon if it charts (which it likely will) until Feb 2022." :pepepizza:

Yeah SD is massive its the argument between streaming era vs download era pretty much. Songs now spend longer on the chart espically if you have a good mix of Public + Hardcore fanbase.

Yeah, I don't see anyone ever touching this, at least not in one year.

Its a tough argument Ill always think BB but people nowdays dont understand the power they had over the public.

Big Bang would release a album and the 3 songs would hit Melon and Genie roof at once.

• personally i’m going to disagree. bigbang were digital monsters. bts are definitely a close second overall

BTS are also monsters. They may not have as many hits in Korea as BB did, but their b-sides ever since HER era have been performing above average, some even becoming hits in their own right.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Thing is download is dead format when BTS started began dominating.

They are artist of streaming era.

Thats why units are used by industry now. Still dynamite has nearly sold between 3.5 to 4 million downloads in dead format worldwide depsite being a streaming smash.

They never stood a chance to collect same amount of downloads compared to artists who peaked between 2005 to 2015, when download was main format.

We have gaon index now. And BTS are number one since 2018 for 3 years in now and has most digital index.

Streaming takes time , so does chart position to collect numbers. Compared to downloads

They only release in one platform in china. Because of some exclusive deal i think.

But i doubt BTS will ever release like this. They release a song and have cb and move on from one era

• Look at BTSs longevity :pepepizza:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this was literally last weeks update

they have songs charting from 2016 (FIRE), 2017 (DNA, SD), 2018 (IDOL, FL), 2019 (BWL, Mikro), 2020 (Dynamite, ON, SLR,LGO) and 2021 (Butter). :pepelove1:

• Yeah SD is massive its the argument between streaming era vs download era pretty much. Songs now spend longer on the chart espically if you have a good mix of Public + Hardcore fanbase.

Its a tough argument Ill always think BB but people nowdays dont understand the power they had over the public.

Big Bang would release a album and the 3 songs would hit Melon and Genie roof at once.

2017-2018 songs hit at the perfect time when downloads were still high but streaming was rising.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Look at BTSs longevity :pepepizza:

External Content twitter.com

this was literally last weeks update

they have songs charting from 2016 (FIRE), 2017 (DNA, SD), 2018 (IDOL, FL), 2019 (BWL, Mikro), 2020 (Dynamite, ON, SLR,LGO) and 2021 (Butter). :pepelove1:

Hoping all 12 chart this week too

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Op imo it is bb, because they have many hits pre gaon too

So they have like 15 or 16 number ones in korea , when we count pre gaon too

But BTS is clearly biggest of 3rd gen and only behind bb . Still top tier digimons of all time.

• Op imo it is bb, because they have many hits pre gaon too

So they have like 15 or 16 number ones in korea , when we count pre gaon too

But BTS is clearly biggest of 3rd gen and only behind bb . Still top tier digimons of all time.

Sunset Glow

Haru Haru

Lies

Last Farewell

Yeah, I can see why some are saying it's BB.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I didn't expect to see VIPS still having this digital superiority complex in 2021 :pepe-cross:

The way you brought these charts up here reminds of the times back in 2017, when VIPs used tour audience numbers to prove BigBang was bigger worldwide compared to BTS :|

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• This thread contains 170 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!