Is it safe to say BTS is the biggest idol group digimon of all time?

• Did BB make it to 40s and 50s lists on Gallup during their peak? I dont think they had as wide demographics as BTS.

2020 Gallup:

Age of 13-18 — #1 BTS

Age of 19-29 — #1 BTS

Age of 30 — #1 BTS

Age of 40 — #3 BTS (Highest for Group)

2019 Gallup:

13-18: BTS #1 54.6%

19-29: BTS #1 38.4%

30s: BTS #1 28.2%

40s: BTS #2 23.7%

50s: BTS #5 9.3% (they are the only idols that made it in this age category)

• I bet they gonna ask what is the percentage of men...

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• I couldn't tell you - but they consistently had the highest first 24 hour UL's for kpop groups because they had the most people anticipating their music. Even back in 2015 when Melon was not as big as it was in 2018/19 in terms of userbase, they were hitting 1m UL's. You look at the demographics of their highest song on Melon currently (Haru Haru) and it has more male listeners than female. They and their music was anomalous in SK for a kpop group and I still think they transgressed that tag more than any other idol group.

The faces of BG kpop in the early 2nd gen was TVXQ who are very front and center a kpop group, same with Super Junior/2PM. Big Bang were the odd ones out in an era when kpop was on top in SK.

In my mind that doesn't take away from BTS - BTS aim for worldwide success with their music/brand whereas Big Bang, especially early on, were basically SK. Daesung/Seungri were popular variety stars/did some acting. G-Dragon was an massively popular soloist/one of the biggest fashion icons in SK. Taeyang was also a very popular singer with TOP in popular TV shows/films. Their early music led to a lot of that and that in turn built them even more. BTS actively choose not to promote to the same extent and range in SK as Big Band did as they are literally worldwide stars and have bigger fish to fry in a manner of speaking.

xq7158Y.png

• I bet they gonna ask what is the percentage of men...

It's one of the most anomalous facets about a kpop boy group in SK and why they pulled the numbers they did so what's wrong with stating that? It's also why they didn't sell as much but still out toured every kpop group in the 2nd gen in SK.

• The Thread is interesting.

Armys will say yes… others will say BigBang… so basically how it always is.

Congrats to your hit Thread.

There are non-armys in this thread who said it's BTS in their opinion, but it does not fit your narrative I guess.

I went through the entire thread and there were ARMYs who voted for BB, non-fans who voted for BTS and also non-fans who think it’s a close race between the two.

Just like there are ARMYs who voted for BTS here, if you’ve taken a look at some of the users who replied with BB, based on their post history, a lot of them are also either VIPs or YG fandoms.

It’s not the Delulu ARMYs vs Rational Kpop Community situation you’re painting it to be. :pepe-back-away:

• imagine bashing me for no reason? you move along. Why would you even say that to me?

I'm not MassiveKpopFan, but I'd hazard a guess that he was going off the lack of any constructive criticism in your one word answer, "no". This is a now 8 page thread filled to the brim with people making arguments to back their stance in refuting or accepting his claim. If you want to contribute, perhaps offering your own would help.

So ONLY ARMY say BTS... like always.

Cause you missed...

Ask yourself who it really is that's pushing a narrative here.

• There are non-armys in this thread saying it's BTS in their opinion, but it does not fit your narrative I guess.

What narrative? I wasn’t even serious with my reply lol

I went through the entire thread and there were ARMYs who voted for BB, non-fans who voted for BTS and also non-fans who think it’s a close race between the two.

Just like there are ARMYs who voted for BTS here, if you’ve taken a look at some of the users who replied with BB, based on their post history, a lot of them are also either VIPs or YG fandoms.

It’s not the Delulu ARMYs vs Rational Kpop Community situation you’re painting it to be. :pepe-back-away:

Chill…. Were did I said delusional Armys vs rational Kpop community… stop projecting

Again… what narrative? Wasn’t even serious with this comment lol….

Many army here said bb . And many non army said BTS. Go and read. If you can't, then don't make a claim out of thin air. But whatever fits your narrative

You guys have been taking my comment way more serious than it is… I guess the tension here was more serious than I thought lol

• What narrative? I wasn’t even serious with my reply lol

Chill…. Were did I said delusional Armys vs rational Kpop community… stop projecting

You guys have been taking my comment way more serious than it is… I guess the tension here was more serious than I thought lol

Oh now play i was just joking card.

You tried it and got called out for making a baseless accusation. Everyone can see through it. Bye!

• What narrative? I wasn’t even serious with my reply lol

LOL, there’s nothing in your previous post that indicated it was a joke or non-serious comment. You just came in to perpetuate the usual ARMYs will always choose BTS while non-ARMYs will always choose others stereotype like you’ve done before without reading the thread, except this time, the responses didn’t turn out the way you predicted.

Now you’re backpedaling and placing the blame on us for supposedly creating tension when everyone’s mostly been civil and putting forward their opinions and stats.

• Oh now play i was just joking card.

You tried it and got called out for making a baseless accusation. Everyone can see through it. Bye!

Yeah whatever :wellr:

• LOL, there’s nothing in your previous post that indicated it was a joke or non-serious comment. You just came in to perpetuate the usual ARMYs will always choose BTS while non-ARMYs will always choose others stereotype like you’ve done before without reading the thread, except this time, the responses didn’t turn out the way you predicted.

Now you’re backpedaling and placing the blame on us for supposedly creating tension when everyone’s mostly been civil and putting forward their opinions and stats.

LOOOOL…

OK :-)

• Well while all of you are arguing I will be on the buttery next level

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok I will contribute to OP’s Thread…

Idk if it’s save to say “of all time” cause charting and collecting data wasn’t as how it is now.

But it’s more a maybe than a No… and currently they are with no doubt the bigger digital performing BG.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!