Is it safe to say BTS is the biggest idol group digimon of all time?

• MassiveKpopFan I know you are looking forward for BB's chart perfromance in this streaming era....

Just keep in mind,

Don't expect BB to have the of dominance on Charts as they did back in 2015-16... It could be total 180° flip... It may very well go under the radar... Situation is unpredictable.

For the first time in KPOP that I know,

No one knows how will they do digitally if they released any material in next 2 years...

• I'm going to say they have the biggest digital peak for a group but there's arguments both for them and for other groups for the biggest digimon of all time imo.

Just from a quick look at other groups previous charting I'd say BigBang or SNSD could be a contender for all time digimon.

Maybe is what I'm saying.

2NE1 performed on average better digitally than SNSD.

When I think of the 2nd gen I think Wonder Girls probably had maybe the most popular period digitally in a sense that So Hot, Tell Me and Nobody is a stupid run and there's an argument all 3 are national hits (2 definitely are). That's probably only bettered/matched by Big Bang's Lies, Last Farewell, Haru Haru and Sunset Glow. SNSD had the best longevity and 2NE1 the most consistent average (the way YG go about releasing music plays a part in that though). Sistar are always there but they tended to wait until the summer to release, bag a no.1 and then it'd fall off a few months later.

• You said you could not tell who was a VIP so you read the thread don't you? So you must have seen the non-armys comments in favour of BTS and Armys that chose BB? Why did you decide to ignore that? I quoted you because you were not sharing your opinions with arguments unlike most users in this thread but simply making a false claim. Someone seeing your comment without reading the rest of the thread would have been given a false impression of that thread. You should try to not make assumption yourself (unlike what you did in your comment) before telling others not to make ones.

• Ok, so you meant it very generally as in "fans tend to pick their faves" - that I will agree with you on.

I'm sorry, it just seemed very black and white when you initially said it (I didn't realize 'other' meant VIPs) and I didn't feel the thread reflected that when we had a range of varying responses and not all down fandom lines. I highlighted and capitalized ONLY in my response because I was hoping you'd address it. Thank you for better explaining it to me.

• You said you could not tell who was a VIP so you read the thread don't you? So you must have seen the non-armys comments in favour of BTS and Armys that chose BB? Why did you decide to ignore that? I quoted you because you were not sharing your opinions with arguments unlike most users in this thread but simply making a false claim. Someone seeing your comment without reading the rest of the thread would have been given a false impression of that thread. You should try to not make assumption yourself (unlike what you did in your comment) before telling others not to make ones.

Yes I have seen 2-3 non-Armys picking BTS and 2-3 Armys picking BB (or were more on the maybe spectrum)… while the rest went actually they way I thought they would… fans will pick their faves cause they are more confident with their metrics. No malicious intentions behind what I wrote.

I think it’s one thing to make assumptions on how a Thread might end( looking at 126326 other Threads of the same nature) and assuming the worst of a comment made by one user when you didn’t even knew their full thoughts on this matter.

• Yes I have seen 2-3 non-Armys picking BTS and 2-3 Armys picking BB (or were more on the maybe spectrum)… while the rest went actually they way I thought they would… fans will pick their faves cause they are more confident with their metrics. No malicious intentions behind what I wrote.

I think it’s one thing to make assumptions on how a Thread might end( looking at 126326 other Threads of the same nature) and assuming the worst of a comment made by one user when you didn’t even knew their full thoughts on this matter.

"assuming the worst" Don't you think you are a bit dramatic? It's not really my fault if you are always trying to spread false narratives (mainly about BTS and armys) and continue with it even when people corrected you with facts.

And I don't really understand why you did not explained yourself instead of saying you were joking if you really felt that it was not what you were trying to convey.

• Ok, so you meant it very generally as in "fans tend to pick their faves" - that I will agree with you on.

I'm sorry, it just seemed very black and white when you initially said it (I didn't realize 'other' meant VIPs) and I didn't feel the thread reflected that when we had a range of varying responses and not all down fandom lines. I highlighted and capitalized ONLY in my response because I was hoping you'd address it. Thank you for better explaining it to me.

Yes… it was very generally. Fans will tend to pick their faves because they have more knowledge about their faves metrics than with other Groups…which is totally fine and I didn’t judged this either. And even though there were exceptions in this Thread… majority did replied in a way I expected it. (Coming from both sides)

I was actually ready to explain myself a bit further… but I felt some kinda resentment by the way I got quoted.

• Best Answer

This thread went from page

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepe-toast::pepe-toast:

• Yes… it was very generally. Fans will tend to pick their faves because they have more knowledge about their faves metrics than with other Groups…which is totally fine and I didn’t judged this either. And even though there were exceptions in this Thread… majority did replied in a way I expected it. (Coming from both sides)

I was actually ready to explain myself a bit further… but I felt some kinda resentment by the way I got quoted.

Yea, fandoms in general are very touchy about any implication that their fave is only voted for or wins because of only them. I think a lot of ARMY didn't get that you meant "others" to refer to VIPs, so they misinterpreted it the same way - as a "fandom vs everyone else" type dismissal. As I've always said, the worst thing about AKP is that it trains people to look for shade first.

• "assuming the worst" Don't you think you are a bit dramatic? It's not really my fault if you are always trying to spread false narratives (mainly about BTS and armys) and continue with it even when people corrected you with facts.

And I don't really understand why you did not explained yourself instead of saying you were joking if you really felt that it was not what you were trying to convey.

I wasn’t the one being dramatic here. My comment was pretty harmless. One even going as far claiming I was calling Armys delusional and Kpop fans rational….. which was dramatic.

And spare me with this “ narratives mainly about BTS and Armys” I doubt you follow me enough to know if I treat other Groups and fandoms different than how I treat BTS and Armys. I don’t stereotype fandoms.

Why should I explain myself… people came at me pretty passive aggressive, ever heard of resentment ? The way you quote me will determine how I will response to you. By the way these users replied to me, explaining myself would have been a waste of energy, cause they already made up their mind I was in to shade. Just like continuing this argument with you won’t lead to anywhere.

I further explained myself. Whatever you wanna do with it, it’s up to you.

Have a nice day.

• As I've always said, the worst thing about AKP is that it trains people to look for shade first.

Not just AKP… I think Kpop culture in general, especially if your to invested.

• I wasn’t the one being dramatic here. My comment was pretty harmless. One even going as far claiming I was calling Armys delusional and Kpop fans rational….. which was dramatic.

No, it was completely rational to think that based on your claim. Had you said " Armys will say BTS and VIPs BB" it would have been different. But you didn't.

• Eh, I just don't think stereotypes are harmless, since this thread shows it to be untrue. It's not just ARMY saying BTS and everyone else saying BB "as always" - and I know you know that.

Compared to BPHouse, yeah it was harmless.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Oh I'm aware. Looking at their past songs' performances still gets me excited for any music they release though

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This thread went from page

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepe-toast::pepe-toast:

This is the best answer now.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• If we talk about each group separately, the answer is crystal clear.

Big Bang dominated by a huge margin when they were active. They could release a track where they're chilling, even snoring, and it would chart.

BTS is dominating right now. They're a wall. Their Gaon points are no joke; even their b-sides are doing impressively.

BB vs BTS? We can't answer for sure since we need to see how BB will do in the current digital era. A lot of things have changed since they had enlisted, with the Melon reforms being a major one. I'm so curious as well as excited to see how they will do and if they still got it.

So,

Is it safe to say BTS is the biggest idol group digimon? Yes*

*still charting :pepe-use-head::pepe-flirt:

• Big Bang > BTS > others

i would say that groups like 2NE1 and Beast were very veryyy veryyy huge

but since they lost to Big Bang in the 2nd gen i will not put them above BTS
    because its very hard to make a measure between their times

so BTS won for being the biggest under the 3rd gen

• Big Bang > BTS > others

i would say that groups like 2NE1 and Beast were very veryyy veryyy huge

but since they lost to Big Bang in the 2nd gen i will not put them above BTS
    because its very hard to make a measure between their times

so BTS won for being the biggest under the 3rd gen

I respect this.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I'm replying in agreement to this now because I want to hear some other opinions after 3 months. The hit thread syndrome I got is bad.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!